My Practically New Samsung Dishwasher Stopped Working Today.....Piece Of Crap

lol... I'll bet she is not reading over your shoulder right now..

my grandma used to prefer washing dishes to fixing food. As a lover of good food and cooking it (but mostly eating it), I couldn't fathom that..
Today is my wife's 84th birthday. She's 18 years older than me.
Ever since her last hip-replacement she hasn't been dealing with a full deck.
I had to retire from civil service in 2019 to care for her.
She couldn't read that well before she started losing her memory...but now she can barely read the address on our mail.
She grew up working in the fields in Alabama.
I do all of the cooking....so she chips in an does the dishes. Most of the time the dishes would end up back in the cupboard instead of the dishwasher where they belong. I liked sanitizing them before I put them away.
Now I can't seem to find a dishwasher that will last awhile.

Today is my wife's 84th birthday. She's 18 years older than me.
Ever since her last hip-replacement she hasn't been dealing with a full deck.
I had to retire from civil service in 2019 to care for her.
She couldn't read that well before she started losing her memory...but now she can barely read the address on our mail.
She grew up working in the fields in Alabama.
I do all of the cooking....so she chips in an does the dishes. Most of the time the dishes would end up back in the cupboard instead of the dishwasher where they belong. I liked sanitizing them before I put them away.
Now I can't seem to find a dishwasher that will last awhile.
wow, that's rare, a man marrying a woman so much older.. kinda cool.

But compatibility is what matters most, not age. I could never find anyone I am compatible with. If you read my posts and threads, you can probably figure out why.. lol

I get more cantankerous as the years go by.. but if i could find someone who likes Trump as much as i do (kind of a litmus test), maybe we could stay together. I somehow think tht's not in the cards... but anyway.. Happy Birthday to your wife.

I hope you find a great dishwasher. :)

I think the controls are fried.
I've tried just about everything.
I'm gonna see if I can find a unit that has buttons that push in instead of touch sensitive buttons.
Could be. If the computer board is working but the washer isn't coming on it should be throwing a code.

Could be. If the computer board is working but the washer isn't coming on it should be throwing a code.

No code or lights. Just dead.

That's the first thing I check.
I was hoping it had an internal fuse...but I'm not seeing that anywhere.

Checked the "troubleshooting" page...but not very helpful.

I'll look around tonight and see what I see.

I would run it daily but my wife has Dementia
I'm sorry to hear this. It's one of the cruelest diseases. I am absolutely convinced that someone is going to find a connection with one of the myriad of crap ingredients in our food, or something else we are exposed to regularly. I sometimes think that they already have and it's been kept under tight control. There were not this many dementia cases decades ago, although I realize that back then it was assumed that they were crazy people and were locked in institutions. But the percentages seem to have exploded.

Kitchen aid I think is still the only ones all 100 % American made in Ohio

Bosch and Kenmore are a mix of foreign and domestic parts slapped together in the former USA
My last dishwasher was a Bosch. I loved it. The only issue was the big black rubber seal on the front bottom started to separate.

LG and Samsung began farming out their compressors from China some time ago. Would never buy a refrigerator from these two brands. GE, Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, Frigidaire all cheap imported junk.
Speed Queen, KitchenAid, and Bosch are brands worth considering imo...

I can't help thinking that the thing

should still be under warranty. Maybe someone is lying to you... doesn't make sense

LG and Samsung began farming out their compressors from China some time ago. Would never buy a refrigerator from these two brands. GE, Whirlpool, Maytag, Kenmore, Frigidaire all cheap imported junk.
Speed Queen, KitchenAid, and Bosch are brands worth considering imo...

Our new dishwasher is a Bosch and it was flimsy as hell until you screwed it to the cabinet.

Forum List

Back