My opinion, from that distance, Iran could accurately pick their target, they missed, saved face

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I'm no military expert, but I can't imagine they couldn't easily hit a target from across their border (though the U.S might have intercepted some I suppose with Iron Dome technology). If all reports are true, there were no U.S casualties. This is key to me. America and Trump is already winning against Iran.

Furthermore, this had to be a weak response by them. A much stronger response would have been terror, attacks on major U.S forces, or even citizens etc. They said openly they would target military specifically (and not successful it seems). As I said earlier, before we knew there the result this was a "save face at home" attack. I was hoping they were smart enough to not harm Americans, and they didn't. As this is true, Trump can get out of this with a political AND military victory. He took out their #2, again, he is winning. In my opinion, he must be wise to NOT make this a political failure.

I hope Trump is smart and doesn't allow some in his administration destroy his 2020 re-election chances. 4 More years of Trump is far more valuable to the West and USA than winning a proverbial pissing contest. I repeat, again, he took out their #2, and the danger to America, he is winning.

Defend against terrorists, don't chase the tail that will only serve his opponents. The U.S economy is doing well, pick your spots and don't over react. If I were him I would get opinions from many experts on Iran, from all sides of the aisle and persuasion.

Well, two possibilities. One or both may apply.

They missed on purpose because they've learned Trump is not to be trifled with.

They missed on purpose because they want to buy time.

I'm no military expert, but I can't imagine they couldn't easily hit a target from across their border (though the U.S might have intercepted some I suppose with Iron Dome technology). If all reports are true, there were no U.S casualties. This is key to me. America and Trump is already winning against Iran.

Furthermore, this had to be a weak response by them. A much stronger response would have been terror, attacks on major U.S forces, or even citizens etc. They said openly they would target military specifically (and not successful it seems). As I said earlier, before we knew there the result this was a "save face at home" attack. I was hoping they were smart enough to not harm Americans, and they didn't. As this is true, Trump can get out of this with a political AND military victory. He took out their #2, again, he is winning. In my opinion, he must be wise to NOT make this a political failure.

I hope Trump is smart and doesn't allow some in his administration destroy his 2020 re-election chances. 4 More years of Trump is far more valuable to the West and USA than winning a proverbial pissing contest. I repeat, again, he took out their #2, and the danger to America, he is winning.

Defend against terrorists, don't chase the tail that will only serve his opponents. The U.S economy is doing well, pick your spots and don't over react. If I were him I would get opinions from many experts on Iran, from all sides of the aisle and persuasion.

I dont think it was their face they were worried about,,,

Buy time to plan their own funerals?

There were even rumblings Iran and Russia aren't seeing eye to eye about Syria.

Trump has already won this. Respond if an America is killed. Otherwise, pick your spots and take out legitimate threats. Reagan destroyed communism without full scale war. Killing a terrorist is fair game. Boots on the ground will only last until 2020, because Trump would lose and they'd be withdrawn anyways by the Dems.

We need America to win. Trump knows this. He can't let the neo-cons destroy his 2020 campaign.

Buy time to plan their own funerals?

There were even rumblings Iran and Russia aren't seeing eye to eye about Syria.

Trump has already won this. Respond if an America is killed. Otherwise, pick your spots and take out legitimate threats. Reagan destroyed communism without full scale war. Killing a terrorist is fair game. Boots on the ground will only last until 2020, because Trump would lose and they'd be withdrawn anyways by the Dems.

We need America to win. Trump knows this. He can't let the neo-cons destroy his 2020 campaign.

We need no boots on the ground to remedy this situation.

Another possibility, they didn't miss on purpose, they missed cuz they're a bunch of fuckups playing soldier. Or, they didn't miss, they hit the bases but our guys were already underground in bunkers. Apparently we had enough early warning to get everybody under cover. From CNN:

A US military official has told CNN that the military did have enough early warning of the ballistic missile attack on airbases in Iraq to sound the alarm.

People in harm's way were able to get to bunkers in time, the official said.

Or maybe our Patriots shot the things down before they hit us. I haven't heard what kind of missiles were used against us and how accurate they might be, but I did read a report saying that 4 of the missiles never made it to the base. That doesn't sound like they intentionally missed us. I question just how expert these guys are at firing missiles.

From FoxNews:

Iran fired as many as 15 ballistic missiles into Iraq, targeting U.S. military and coalition forces early Wednesday, officials said, in a major retaliation by the rogue regime after the U.S. airstrike that killed Iranian Quds Force Gen. Qassem Soleimani last week.

Ten missiles hit Al-Assad Air Base, one missile hit a military base in Erbil and four missiles failed to hit their targets, according to a U.S. military spokesman for Central Command, responsible for American forces in the Middle East. The attacks unfolded in two waves, each about an hour apart.

Another possibility, they didn't miss on purpose, they missed cuz they're a bunch of fuckups playing soldier. Or, they didn't miss, they hit the bases but our guys were already underground in bunkers. Apparently we had enough early warning to get everybody under cover. From CNN:

A US military official has told CNN that the military did have enough early warning of the ballistic missile attack on airbases in Iraq to sound the alarm.

Or maybe our Patriots shot the things down before they hit us. I haven't heard what kind of missiles were used against us and how accurate they might be, but I did read a report saying that 4 of the missiles never made it to the base. That doesn't sound like they intentionally missed us. I question just how expert these guys are at firing missiles.

From FoxNews:

Iran fired as many as 15 ballistic missiles into Iraq, targeting U.S. military and coalition forces early Wednesday, officials said, in a major retaliation by the rogue regime after the U.S. airstrike that killed Iranian Quds Force Gen. Qassem Soleimani last week.

Ten missiles hit Al-Assad Air Base, one missile hit a military base in Erbil and four missiles failed to hit their targets, according to a U.S. military spokesman for Central Command, responsible for American forces in the Middle East. The attacks unfolded in two waves, each about an hour apart.

That is also a possibility, but the least likely. They hit the Saudi stuff pretty well.

From FoxNews:

Compare that to our one shot taking out a terrorist cleanly.

Third possibility: They hit exactly what the wanted to hit and were just showing their capability, as a quiet warning. Their statement about this being it, should not be trusted. We have all heard trump lie. This may be no different. I doubt we should be lulled into letting our guard down. I think they will strike through proxies when they hit back for the dead dumb ass General. If I were in the President's shoes, I would not make a hit at this time under playground rules, no harm no foul. His statement on twitter was surprisingly calm. That is good. Obviously the 14th ranked military cannot defend against the #1 military, but they are not above other strikes, especially through proxies against us, Israel or others.

I still think Trump should pull troops out of Iraq, especially if Iraq signals it is serious about our leaving, and I am really not sure they are. We should have jumped at the chance to be asked to leave by the host country. I doubt the letter was a complete accident. We wrote it for some reason. Maybe it was a Trump trial balloon. Either way, ground forces not necessary to destroy Iran's military if necessary, and only present opportunity to to the asymmetric fighting style of our weaker opponent.

I agree. They know better but need to save face. Let them...unless they kill an American (or a fellow NATO soldier).

They made two statements earlier threatened further retaliation against “American allies” and “places America is fond of”.

The Democrats won’t be able to save them if they directly attack us though. They gave it a day and began to see that.

5A40C146-8D6C-48C5-BF61-81B7C2E93C24.jpeg

Third possibility: They hit exactly what the wanted to hit and were just showing their capability, as a quiet warning. Their statement about this being it, should not be trusted. We have all heard trump lie. This may be no different. I doubt we should be lulled into letting our guard down. I think they will strike through proxies when they hit back for the dead dumb ass General. If I were in the President's shoes, I would not make a hit at this time under playground rules, no harm no foul. His statement on twitter was surprisingly calm. That is good. Obviously the 14th ranked military cannot defend against the #1 military, but they are not above other strikes, especially through proxies against us, Israel or others.

I still think Trump should pull troops out of Iraq, especially if Iraq signals it is serious about our leaving, and I am really not sure they are. We should have jumped at the chance to be asked to leave by the host country. I doubt the letter was a complete accident. We wrote it for some reason. Maybe it was a Trump trial balloon. Either way, ground forces not necessary to destroy Iran's military if necessary, and only present opportunity to to the asymmetric fighting style of our weaker opponent.

wasnt the Iraqi military the 4th ranked?

From FoxNews:

Compare that to our one shot taking out a terrorist cleanly.

That missile is interesting. It crushed the car into a ball and burned it, instead of spraying parts all over the place.

I would say this: if we know where they store their missiles then we oughta destroy as many of them as possible. Some might be stored in schools and mosques or in highly populated areas. If we can, we should degrade their ability to fire missiles at us as much as possible. Also, maybe we oughta drop a few MOABs near Tehran to remind them what could happen if they don't cut the crap.

I ain't interested in killing a bunch of people, except maybe the fuckwads who run that country. By accident of course.

From FoxNews:

Well, even if it was a case of Iran calling Russia, Russia calling Trump and telling them, you have 20 minutes to find safety, there is incoming at "_______ location". To me it's six of one, half dozen of the other". You can save face many ways and do things behind the scenes to ensure nobody has to escalate.

If I am Trump I reiterate, "we don't want to escalate, but any harm to Americans will be met accordingly".

America is already safer. They took out the #2. It was a ballsy decision. He has to know beforehand that Iran will respond. If THIS is their primary primetime response, this is a very good outcome.

Trump won on not being GWB. He cannot let the MSM and his opposition paint him as GWB or he and the GOP will lose badly in 2020.

6th.

The Iran supporters in Iraq want us out, the rest do not.

Trump is speaking tomorrow morning. We'll see then.

Iran is no longer ranked 14th, but 21st. Their econ is near collapse.

Last edited:

6th.

Now what are they ranked?

I

Iran is no linger ranked 14th, but 21st. Their econ is near collapse.

So theoretically Brazil, Italy or even France could beat them.

I

Iran is no linger ranked 14th, but 21st. Their econ is near collapse.

So theoretically Brazil, Italy or even France could beat them.

They are largely bluff.

From FoxNews:

Well, even if it was a case of Iran calling Russia, Russia calling Trump and telling them, you have 20 minutes to find safety, there is incoming at "_______ location". To me it's six of one, half dozen of the other". You can save face many ways and do things behind the scenes to ensure nobody has to escalate.

If I am Trump I reiterate, "we don't want to escalate, but any harm to Americans will be met accordingly".

America is already safer. They took out the #2. It was a ballsy decision. He has to know beforehand that Iran will respond. If THIS is their primary primetime response, this is a very good outcome.

Trump won on not being GWB. He cannot let the MSM and his opposition paint him as GWB or he and the GOP will lose badly in 2020.

I very much doubt the Iranians gave us any advance warning. If it got out, and it would, they'd lose so much face it wouldn't be funny. Their own military would stage a coup IMHO. No, I think Trump has to respond; they attacked us and he's gotta retaliate. Maybe not an escalation, but something. He ain't Barack Obama, there's gonna be a response.

Forum List

Back