My Old Cat Has Dementia

He was a gentle cat, very loving, but the terror of his turf on the grounds and would beat up every cat that wandered unto the grounds.

Yup. Kitty just showed up in my back yard one day asking for help & after a summer in my back yard...I took her in.

She is so proud to have a home & a yard & a papa that loves her. When I step out on the deck she stands at my feet with her chest all puffed out...you can see how proud she is.

But God help any cat that might wander into the yard...she just wont have it!

When I was a kid I had a tomcat named Wookie who knew how to stop that kind of sickening embarrassing lovey-dovey bullshit instantly.

Sure, he liked some affection. He would curl up in your lap for a catnap in the winter simply because you are 98.6 degrees and the ground is a lot colder than that.

But if you tried to pull that kind of lovey-dovey BS in the pic and called him cute you would bleedingly regret it. He would grab both sides of your head with his claws and bite you hard in the nose with his needle-sharp teeth and shake his head around for good measure. To make sure you got the message that you just can't get away with that BS.

He knew damn well that there was nothing even remotely cute about him. He was the antithesis of cute.

Last edited:
Update: my buddy Tommy came home after 3 weeks!

Sorry buddy, but you're an indoor cat now!

He'll get used to it.

I have no idea how hold he is, I can just see that he is old.

If you can consider another species a "friend", Tommy is a friend. Hoping he comes homeView attachment 688565

He has most of these symptoms

This pretty much describes me after 50!!!!
LOL

Regardless, I'd still take him to the vet.
If you don't have pet insurance or can afford a vet bill, call your local ASPCA for free pet clinics in your area.
Some vets will advertise free consults on your first visit, and some don't even charge just for a quick checkup.

Forum List

Back