My Newly Patented Tennis Racket Stringing Method

ChemEngineer

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2019
I made two prototypes in my garage after obtaining a Provisional Patent Application and play with the second prototype five times a week, for the past three months. The concept is to prevent mishits from framing the ball on the 40 lineal inches of oval racket bearing strings. This is a standard racket converted by drilling and restringing. The grommets could be placed closer to the edge in production, improving a player's game by only 2% or 3%, but there is no drawback to this alternative method of stringing, which has remained virtually unchanged for 148 years. I couldn't believe it when my patent attorney said there is "no prior art."
Moi? Comment? (French for "Me? How? Trying to bring a little culture to these parts.)
Who wants to buy one?

````Y Not Use Strings.jpg

I made two prototypes in my garage after obtaining a Provisional Patent Application and play with the second prototype five times a week, for the past three months. The concept is to prevent mishits from framing the ball on the 40 lineal inches of oval racket bearing strings. This is a standard racket converted by drilling and restringing. The grommets could be placed closer to the edge in production, improving a player's game by only 2% or 3%, but there is no drawback to this alternative method of stringing, which has remained virtually unchanged for 148 years. I couldn't believe it when my patent attorney said there is "no prior art."
Moi? Comment? (French for "Me? How? Trying to bring a little culture to these parts.)
Who wants to buy one?

View attachment 585528

If it's quite enough where you are, you can make the racket stand up on its end.

But if it's too noisy, then you won't be able to stand the racket.

Two of my dozen tennis friends all of whom play five days a week.
These two are wearing shirts I bought for everyone. The other shirt I gave to my team is green and black.

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

I now have a new patent pending on an automatic home alert safety device as well.
I'd tell you about it but then I'd have to..... you know.........

Advantages:
1. ~92 square inches more string area to hit the tennis ball, 46 square inches on each side, forehand and backhand
2. 1% to 4% of shots will be saved, depending on the player's level. Lower level, more saved mishits
3. Increased confidence by having newest racket technology, first change in stringing method since 1874
4. Works on ground strokes, overheads, volleys and short hops
5. You'll be the only one on the courts with this, the latest! (Gotta get me one of those!)

Forum List

Back