My nephew got a fighter pilot slot!!!!

He wants either an F-16 or an F-35.

My vote is F-16. Its always been my favorite jet fighter!!!

Very proud uncle for sure!!!!!!!!

The F-16 is an easier ride to get, since there are about three times as many still in service (excluding reserve units). And who knows how long the F-35 will be flying for. The F-16's are slated to continue until at least 2040, and maybe decades beyond that.

the U.S. Air Force intends to continue flying its 1,200 F-16s well into the 2040s by extending the airframe’s service life

The B-52's younger brother.

I bow to you knowledgeable guys who are familiar with airframes. Just when you despair that today's generation consists of mostly morons who grew up on video games and live in their parent's basement you get a positive example like this. Congratulation to a proud uncle.
20 years USAF. One of the first times I got yelled at in Basic Training -- personally yelled at, by name -- was standing outside in formation. Well, my eyes wandered to the C-5A Galaxy -- the largest cargo jet in the USAF inventory -- banking a few miles away. Just my eyes. Nothing else moved. "[My last name]!! Eyes front!!" Dude was like 20 feet away. :auiqs.jpg:

He's been training in a turbo prop not knowing if he would get a fighter slot or fly cargo. He made fighter!!!! Starts in a T-38 in a few days. Later this summer he will find out what plane he will get. He wants either an F-16 or an F-35.

He's got to make it thru fighter training before he gets his wings....and.....then.....the detailer sending him to fighters or attack or whatever.

He soloed this week!!!!

Attachments

• solo.jpg
    solo.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 16
When you think the country is in a hopeless, downhill slide, find some young people in the military and talk to them. They will make you realize that there is hope for the future.

All of my sons took ROTC in High school and all of them went into the military right after, except number three who went to college to take ROTC. So I meet a lot of high quality young people which is very refreshing these days.

Last edited:
Also his brother (a couple years younger) just got his private license and is following in big brothers footsteps.

Freakin awesome.

He's been training in a turbo prop not knowing if he would get a fighter slot or fly cargo. He made fighter!!!! Starts in a T-38 in a few days. Later this summer he will find out what plane he will get. He wants either an F-16 or an F-35.

F-16 or an F-35? What other options are there in the U.S. military nowadays?

That said hope his skies are always friendly.

Forum List

Back