My mom is being hospitalized with the COVID -19

Originally Posted by Sandy Shanks View Post

The Trump government never gives us a breakdown on the ages of those who have died. Probably because it would damage the message of doom they prefer. After all, Trump is a war President.

However, there is this from Business Insider, "80% of deaths associated with COVID-19 were among adults aged ≥65 years with the highest percentage of severe outcomes among persons aged ≥85 years." 80% of US coronavirus deaths have been among people 65 and older, a new CDC report says — here's what it reveals about the US cases.

Americans ages 65 and older are suffering the highest rates of death and serious illness from the coronavirus, according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Covid-19 is a virulent common cold virus, extremely contagious, and arguably the worst cold virus yet. By all means it should be avoided. Much like any other cold, complications from this virus interacting with other ailments such as lung disease, heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, pneumonia, influenza, etc. can cause death.

During a recent press conference, Dr. Deborah Birx presented a rather startling graph. It showed that New York state and New Jersey, which is connected to the N.Y. city metro area, are anomalies. The rest of the states, all 48 of them, appear to have Covid-19 under control.

Dr. Birx also told us that, while the young do get infected, they recover. She said that the mortality rate "increases with age and preexisting medical conditions."

Take away New York City, Detroit, and New Orleans and the media wouldn't have much to talk about.

Age of Coronavirus Deaths

This is illuminating. Coronavirus Age, Sex, Demographics (COVID-19) - Worldometer

It shows the death rate of those below the age of 50 is infinitesimal. Which begs a question.

Are older people afflicted with Covid-19 who are already sick dying of lung disease, pneumonia, diabetes, influenza, heart disease, etc. or are they dying because of Covid-19?

COVID-19 has spread rapidly through nursing homes across New York, infecting nearly 4,200 elderly residents considered particularly vulnerable to the virus and killing more than 1,200, according to new state Health Department data.

The staggering figures show a dramatic rise in coronavirus cases and fatalities at state-licensed nursing homes that are home to 100,000 residents.

There are now 4,170 confirmed COVID-19 positive cases at 312 New York nursing homes — more than half of all such facilities — along with 1,231 resident deaths, the data shows. Nearly 30 percent of all nursing home residents who contract COVID-19 eventually die from the virus, the data shows.

In total, more than 17% of the 7,067 New Yorkers to succumb to COVID-19 lived at nursing facilities.

The latest data represents a 606% increase in nursing home cases, and a 1,331% hike in deaths since March 26.

New NY data shows COVID-19's devastating effect on nursing homes | Newsday

With all the depressing news we hear from Trump's press conferences and nonstop from the media, including the front page of our daily newspaper, we could use a little cheer.

Those of us not living in New York, Michigan, or Louisiana and are in good health regardless of age have little to fear. It is just a cold, probably a little worse than the one you had last year.

Please pray for her. She’s a great , hardworking woman, and I love her. I can now speak from the perspective of someone who has been affected by this in a very personal way. I know three people besides my mom that have the virus, but now that my mom has it it brings out a different perspective and range of emotions

Sorry to hear that man. Hope her underlying issues are minimal and she bounces right back!

Please pray for her. She’s a great , hardworking woman, and I love her. I can now speak from the perspective of someone who has been affected by this in a very personal way. I know three people besides my mom that have the virus, but now that my mom has it it brings out a different perspective and range of emotions

Sorry to hear that man. Hope her underlying issues are minimal and she bounces right back!

Thanks man. She is now home, getting better each day!

Any updates ?

Because she had a pretty good day yesterday, they’re going to ween her off the oxygen today. I just talked to her and she sounded great. The doctor will be calling us later today with her new blood work numbers. Thanks so much for asking!

The blood works comes from Comprehensive Metabolic Panel. Some of those parameters will be out from < normal range>. Ask what you can do to get to back normal, diet, precautions, medications regiment, maintenance. CV-19 is a traitor it can go back.

On the side.
Lungs will be never the same. There is a Oxygen/Pulse meter that you can buy at drug stores or amazon at a very low cost, very small device as shown in this link. You supposed to go by feelings if you have Coronavirus or not. How do you even know if you are in trouble or not? It’s hard to breathe that might be too late.. By this meter if your saturation oxygen levels is 87 or lower like 82 or 70s you better see your doctor ASAP. I pushed this hard VERY HARD even before the pandemic especially for smokers. It can save lives.

Covid-19 infection wants your lungs. Checking temperatures at home doesn’t tell you much. If you are having trouble breathing most are too late. Meaning you are in trouble. You NEED to know before that happen.

The only way and ONLY way for you to know that is a very small device called Pulse oxi meter which I mentioned in April 6, 2020. I bought 55 of these and distributed it to my close families and friends. This can save your life. Experts said this CV could or might be seasonal. Good Luck.

People are buying pulse oximeters to try and detect coronavirus at home. Do you need one?

People are buying pulse oximeters to try and detect coronavirus at home. Do you need one?
By Harmeet Kaur, CNN
Updated 3:00 PM EDT, Sun April 26, 2020

(CNN)Many patients with severe cases of Covid-19 have been shown to have extremely low levels of oxygen in the blood. Others who have tested positive find themselves experiencing shortness of breath.

Perhaps that's why people are so interested lately in pulse oximeters, medical devices that measure the saturation of oxygen in red blood cells.

Forum List

Back