My mom is being hospitalized with the COVID -19

Rocko, your Mom's recovery is joyous news. Hope you're able to make her Mother's Day extra special for her. It ought to be a strange one this year with the closures and all. My wife's and my parents passed on years ago but today with the holiday coming up it made me curious how folks will be approaching it.

Any updates ?

Because she had a pretty good day yesterday, they’re going to ween her off the oxygen today. I just talked to her and she sounded great. The doctor will be calling us later today with her new blood work numbers. Thanks so much for asking!

The blood works comes from Comprehensive Metabolic Panel. Some of those parameters will be out from < normal range>. Ask what you can do to get to back normal, diet, precautions, medications regiment, maintenance. CV-19 is a traitor it can go back.

On the side.
Lungs will be never the same. There is a Oxygen/Pulse meter that you can buy at drug stores or amazon at a very low cost, very small device as shown in this link. You supposed to go by feelings if you have Coronavirus or not. How do you even know if you are in trouble or not? It’s hard to breathe that might be too late.. By this meter if your saturation oxygen levels is 87 or lower like 82 or 70s you better see your doctor ASAP. I pushed this hard VERY HARD even before the pandemic especially for smokers. It can save lives.

Covid-19 infection wants your lungs. Checking temperatures at home doesn’t tell you much. If you are having trouble breathing most are too late. Meaning you are in trouble. You NEED to know before that happen.

The only way and ONLY way for you to know that is a very small device called Pulse oxi meter which I mentioned in April 6, 2020. I bought 55 of these and distributed it to my close families and friends. This can save your life. Experts said this CV could or might be seasonal. Good Luck.

People are buying pulse oximeters to try and detect coronavirus at home. Do you need one?

People are buying pulse oximeters to try and detect coronavirus at home. Do you need one?
By Harmeet Kaur, CNN
Updated 3:00 PM EDT, Sun April 26, 2020

(CNN)Many patients with severe cases of Covid-19 have been shown to have extremely low levels of oxygen in the blood. Others who have tested positive find themselves experiencing shortness of breath.

Perhaps that's why people are so interested lately in pulse oximeters, medical devices that measure the saturation of oxygen in red blood cells.
Puls oximeter is how we found out she had it

Rocko, your Mom's recovery is joyous news. Hope you're able to make her Mother's Day extra special for her. It ought to be a strange one this year with the closures and all. My wife's and my parents passed on years ago but today with the holiday coming up it made me curious how folks will be approaching it.

Thanks, man. Mother’s Day is going to be extra special. Can’t take her out to eat, which sucks, but we will figure out a special way to celebrate this year for sure

prayers for your mom.
Ditto.

Personal update.. My diabetic friend has fully recovered from the Chinese Flu. He was sick for about 2 weeks and very sick for about a week but missed about a month of work due to quarantine requirements. I had reported earlier he was ventilated. That was wrong. He was never hospitalized.

Forum List

Back