My Man Herman Cain WITH SPECIFICS on His Economic Policy!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
It's refreshing for a candidate to talk specifics in his plan. It seems all the other politicians ALWAYS bring up board talking point ideas, like cut spending by 10% (but never where), lower gas prices (but never how), get rid of the useless government agencies (but never which ones), cut taxes (but not specifically)!

Well my man Herman Cain, has come out with his 9-9-9 plan and it's BRILLIANT! And it's only phase 1!!!

Herman's Weekly Commentary: "Mr. President, You're Fired"
Here’s Phase 1 of my economic growth plan. It’s called the 9-9-9 plan.

(1) A 9% business flat tax ==> Gross income less all investments, all purchases from other businesses, and all dividends paid to shareholders (Note: This in cludes getting rid of the offshore and outsourcing incentive tax loopholes)

(2) A 9% individual income flat tax ==> Gross income less charitable deductions (Note: He is talking about taking out all the deductions for a lower income tax! Brilliant)

(3) A 9% national sales tax ==> This significantly expands the tax base which helps everybody. (This is Cain's plan to move to the FAIR TAX and eliminate income, corporate, small business killing payroll and capital gains tax)

This plan has the following advantages:
  • It is fair, revenue neutral, transparent and efficient
  • Zero tax on capital gains and repatriated profits
  • Replaces the payroll tax
  • Will aid capital availability for small businesses
  • Saves taxpayers $430 billion in annual compliance costs
  • It eliminates the uncertainty holding this economy down

Future President Cain's Creditials to BACK UP HIS PLAN:
Having served on the Board of Directors of several major corporations over the last twenty years, I have had the responsibility of voting to hire a new CEO, and voting to fire a current CEO many times. In both instances the decision was based on assessed potential and performance.

Directors hold CEOs responsible for results, and the prudent use of company resources such as cash, equity and human resources. Specific metrics are established for both annual and multi-year performance, which are evaluated in making the hire or fire decision.

If a CEO is underperforming and on the brink of being fired, then we look to see if he or she has identified the right problem, and, has established a plan of action to get things back on track. If the plan is convincing and the performance metrics were missed by a reasonable amount, then he or she would be given a specific amount of time to get back on track.

The Board has to decide what’s convincing, what’s reasonable and how much time should be allowed for a course correction. Then take action.

Man I love this guy!!!

But the Cain plan is brilliant! 9-9-9! 9% income, 9% Corp and 9% Sales Tax! And no loopholes! Lower taxes without the playing the game of deduction. I love it!

Too bad people aren't giving Cain the respect he deserves!

However brilliant he may be, he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting the Repub nomination, to say nothing of being elected president. He's a no-hoper.

It's refreshing for a candidate to talk specifics in his plan. It seems all the other politicians ALWAYS bring up board talking point ideas, like cut spending by 10% (but never where), lower gas prices (but never how), get rid of the useless government agencies (but never which ones), cut taxes (but not specifically)!

Well my man Herman Cain, has come out with his 9-9-9 plan and it's BRILLIANT! And it's only phase 1!!!

(1) A 9% business flat tax ==> Gross income less all investments, all purchases from other businesses, and all dividends paid to shareholders (Note: This in cludes getting rid of the offshore and outsourcing incentive tax loopholes)

(2) A 9% individual income flat tax ==> Gross income less charitable deductions (Note: He is talking about taking out all the deductions for a lower income tax! Brilliant)

(3) A 9% national sales tax ==> This significantly expands the tax base which helps everybody. (This is Cain's plan to move to the FAIR TAX and eliminate income, corporate, small business killing payroll and capital gains tax)

Having served on the Board of Directors of several major corporations over the last twenty years, I have had the responsibility of voting to hire a new CEO, and voting to fire a current CEO many times. In both instances the decision was based on assessed potential and performance.

Directors hold CEOs responsible for results, and the prudent use of company resources such as cash, equity and human resources. Specific metrics are established for both annual and multi-year performance, which are evaluated in making the hire or fire decision.

If a CEO is underperforming and on the brink of being fired, then we look to see if he or she has identified the right problem, and, has established a plan of action to get things back on track. If the plan is convincing and the performance metrics were missed by a reasonable amount, then he or she would be given a specific amount of time to get back on track.

The Board has to decide what’s convincing, what’s reasonable and how much time should be allowed for a course correction. Then take action.

Man I love this guy!!!

A 9% national sales tax? That's a VERY regressive tax. That means that the middle class will be picking up a much larger percentage of the tax burden. Why do you think wealthy people are in favor of the fair tax? They don't care about being fair. They just want to eliminate the progressive tax system.

It's also a consumption tax which might very well act to inhibit consumer spending even as it promotes saving.

Eliminating the progressive income tax AND eliminating capital gains tax essentially shifts the tax burden to labor (working for a living) as opposed to investment (making money from money).

And what's this all about in (1)? A 9% business flat tax ==> Gross income less all investments, all purchases from other businesses, and all dividends paid to shareholders.

It seems to me if a company makes enough "investments," purchases enough from other businesses (maybe even subsidiaires?), and pays enough in dividends, that company can end up paying no taxes at all.

Finally, how do we know that this proposal is revenue neutral considering that it will drive all new behaviors?

But the Cain plan is brilliant! 9-9-9! 9% income, 9% Corp and 9% Sales Tax! And no loopholes! Lower taxes without the playing the game of deduction. I love it!

Too bad people aren't giving Cain the respect he deserves!

It's o.k.

Nobody showed much interest when I floated 7-7-7 either, but that doesn't make Mr Cain and I any less right in our thinking.

Simple taxes = Fair taxes.

Fair taxes, a budget that is balanced by law and then build a government your kids will want.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

Man I love this guy!!!

A 9% national sales tax? That's a VERY regressive tax. That means that the middle class will be picking up a much larger percentage of the tax burden. Why do you think wealthy people are in favor of the fair tax? They don't care about being fair. They just want to eliminate the progressive tax system.

It's also a consumption tax which might very well act to inhibit consumer spending even as it promotes saving.

Eliminating the progressive income tax AND eliminating capital gains tax essentially shifts the tax burden to labor (working for a living) as opposed to investment (making money from money).

And what's this all about in (1)? A 9% business flat tax ==> Gross income less all investments, all purchases from other businesses, and all dividends paid to shareholders.

It seems to me if a company makes enough "investments," purchases enough from other businesses (maybe even subsidiaires?), and pays enough in dividends, that company can end up paying no taxes at all.

Finally, how do we know that this proposal is revenue neutral considering that it will drive all new behaviors?

It's a blend. Best kind of tax there is.

Something less than 10% on income / something less than 10% on retail sales.

The income tax is unfair to the wealthy / the consumption tax is unfair to the poor. The blend is fair.

Yeah, no thanks to Cain... I don't want another learning on the job President. He needs to get off the stage before he makes more of an ass of himself. HC is good on like 5 subjects, if you stray into one of the other 50 important subjects he's lost.

Yeah, no thanks to Cain... I don't want another learning on the job President. He needs to get off the stage before he makes more of an ass of himself. HC is good on like 5 subjects, if you stray into one of the other 50 important subjects he's lost.

Obama's problem is he never ran a business! Cain has ran and saved big and small businesses. He knows what to do!

You need to study up on the Fair Tax before you make ignorant comments like that. Click on the link on my signature!

Man I love this guy!!!

Last edited:
Simple minds make simple plans that will not solve complex problems.

"Keep it simple stupid" is a great phrase.

First, getting rid of the corporate loopholes takes away some of the incentive for US corporation offshore and create shell tax havens. It will also disallow corps like GE that make billions here in the US to pay 0 in taxes,

Second, lowering the corporate tax to 9% will create a ginormous incentive for US corps to come home.

Third, a flat income tax makes EVERYONE feel the pain when taxes rises. The class warfare argument is off the table.

Fourth, the national sales taxes makes sure revenue is still flowing into the government, yet it doesn't hurt the business environment, WHO ARE THE JOB CREATORS!!!

Fifth, this plan will lead to the FAIR TAX! That is Cain's end game.

Sixth, the Texas has no income or corporate tax. All they have is the sales tax for revenue. They essentially have a state fair tax. Since 2008 they have created more jobs than all the other 49 combined. They avoided the mortgage meltdown. Learn from Texas and not from CA!!!

LASTLY, you calling Cain a simple man is beyond ARROGANT! Look at the man's accomplishments (note: no silver spoon in his mouth, his mother was a maid and his father was a chauffer):
(1) God-Father Pizza CEO - He gets a lot of credit for this as he should. This national chain was on it's knees and on the edge of Bankruptcy. There were something like 5 straight years in the red. Cain took over AND CHANGED EVERYTHING. Within 1 year they were back to profitability. Only a great businessman could do that and NOT A SIMPLE MIND!!!
Herman Cain

(2) Burger King PA President - Pillsbury made him the regional President of BK in PA. He resided over 400 stores. He resided over the least profitable region in the country. WITHIN THREE YEARS it went from least to MOST profitable! Only a great businessman could do that and NOT A SIMPLE MIND!!!
Herman Cain

(3) He was a BALLISTIC MATHEMATICIAN for the US Navy! THE MAN HAS A COMPUTER SCIENCE DOCTORATE!!! That is genius level and NOT A SIMPLE MIND!!!
https://www.science.purdue.edu/for-...n-a-awards/honorary-doctorates/83-herman-cain

(4) Business Analyst for Coca Cola - He just help they make billion decisions! Only a great businessman could do that and NOT A SIMPLE MIND!!!
Herman Cain: Executive Profile & Biography - BusinessWeek

(5) VP of Pilsbury - Just #2 to one of the largest food distributors in the world!

(6) On the BOD of the Federal Reserve Bank of KC

(7) CEO of the National Restaurant Association

(8) Given the Pretigious Horatio Alger Award as a Businessman
Horatio Alger | Member Search Results | Herman Cain

(9) Cain was on the board of directors of Aquila, Inc. from 1992 to 2008, and also served as a board member for Nabisco, Whirlpool, Reader's Digest, and AGCO, Inc!!

The man has more business sense than any candidate in the GOP field!!!

Forum List

Back