My humble prediction on Senate races.....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
The Senate races are extremely important for many reasons, foremost of those reasons is the future of the SCOTUS as a viable third tier of our government (currently with the 4-4 stalemate on decisions, the SCOTUS is rendered ineffective.)

By all accounts, the senate before next Tuesday's election stands at, 46 R SAFE seats, to 45 D SAFE seats.

There have been (again in my opinion) futile attempts to oust from Florida and Indiana the current Republican senators........it won't happen.

Conversely, there are FOUR senate seats that are likely to swing to Democrats; they are IL, WI, PA and NV

The total if I'm correct in my predictions is that there would then be 48 Rs and 49 Ds, leaving THREE key senate seats beyond the scope of my prediction; they are NH, NC and MO.

Lets keep in mind that if just ONE of these latter 3 seats swing to a Dem. the simple majority (with the VP vote) would rest in Democrats' hands for at least 2 years.

• Banned
With Comey's recent "mea culpa", the chances of the last 3 Senate seats going to democrats just got better........Sorry, right wingers.

The Senate races are extremely important for many reasons, foremost of those reasons is the future of the SCOTUS as a viable third tier of our government (currently with the 4-4 stalemate on decisions, the SCOTUS is rendered ineffective.)

By all accounts, the senate before next Tuesday's election stands at, 46 R SAFE seats, to 45 D SAFE seats.

There have been (again in my opinion) futile attempts to oust from Florida and Indiana the current Republican senators........it won't happen.

Conversely, there are FOUR senate seats that are likely to swing to Democrats; they are IL, WI, PA and NV

The total if I'm correct in my predictions is that there would then be 48 Rs and 49 Ds, leaving THREE key senate seats beyond the scope of my prediction; they are NH, NC and MO.

Lets keep in mind that if just ONE of these latter 3 seats swing to a Dem. the simple majority (with the VP vote) would rest in Democrats' hands for at least 2 years.
Pretty optimistic.

Dims have 23 Senate seats up for grabs, plus 2 independents that caucus with them. Republicans only have 8 seats on the line.

Ten of the seats dims have to protect are in states Trump won in November, five of them by double digits. And five of them were also won by Romney in 2012.

If you're under the impression folks who voted to take their country back from the lefty slime in '16 won't be just as fired up in '18, good luck.

We know the future isn't secure just because we won the '16 presidential battle. This is a war that will have many battles and we're ready for them.

Forum List

Back