My favorite Bible Verse....Let us bow our heads and pray

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
I was in slow-moving traffic the other day and the car in front of me had a BO bumper sticker on it. It read: "Pray for Obama. Psalm 109:8".

My Bible was lying on the dashboard & I opened it up to the scripture & read it. I had a good laugh.

Psalm 109:8 - "Let his days be few; and let another take his office. "

At last - I can voice a Biblical prayer for our president! Look it up - it
is word for word! Let us all bow our heads and pray.

Yea.... this has been discussed on and off for a year. I'm not sure why you feel we need yet another thread on it. Maybe it's so the lefties can scream that it is a death thread against POTUS... AGAIN.

May the Bible be quoted where it serves its intended purpose and not be abused by partisan hacker-y.

I propose we all bow our heads, instead, and pray for the VERY GOOD HEALTH and the VERY LONG LIFE of President Obama. And yes, I'm serious and yes I mean every word of that.

I join with anyone who seeks that this President's time in Office be limited to just the first term, and that his minions in Congress be winnowed by the natural selection of voters to throw out the idiots.

But as much as we may loath President Obama's politics and his Official acts as President, I see no good reason to pray for his premature passing. In fact, I find that repulsive. I believe most conservatives would agree with my view.

Last edited:
http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/psalms/109.html

Psalm 109:

4For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

5And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

6Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.

7When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.

8Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

9Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

It's quite clear what the full context of this prayer is. It is wishing for the POTUS to die, plain and simple. There is no debating it. At the same time, it's also calling him a wicked man who stands with Satan.

Last edited:
This one is pretty good:

Ezekiel 23:11-21 - "Her sister Oholibah saw this, yet in her lust and prostitution she was more depraved than her sister. She too lusted after the Assyrians—governors and commanders, warriors in full dress, mounted horsemen, all handsome young men. I saw that she too defiled herself; both of them went the same way. But she carried her prostitution still further. She saw men portrayed on a wall, figures of Chaldeans a portrayed in red, with belts around their waists and flowing turbans on their heads; all of them looked like Babylonian chariot officers, natives of Chaldea. b As soon as she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea. Then the Babylonians came to her, to the bed of love, and in their lust they defiled her. After she had been defiled by them, she turned away from them in disgust. When she carried on her prostitution openly and exposed her nakedness, I turned away from her in disgust, just as I had turned away from her sister. Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled."

Yea.... this has been discussed on and off for a year. I'm not sure why you feel we need yet another thread on it. Maybe it's so the lefties can scream that it is a death thread against POTUS... AGAIN.

The next line of that prayer:

Let his children be fatherless,
and his wife a widow.

No shit sherlock? Might that not be why I said that the left would claim it's a death threat? Moron.

In fact, the quote includes only the line specified. If you knew how to read the bible you would know that. At the risk of repeating myself... Moron.

Psalm 109 "Hold not thy peace , O God of my praise;..." KJV - Online Bible Study

Psalm 109:

4For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.

5And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love.

6Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.

7When he shall be judged, let him be condemned: and let his prayer become sin.

8Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

9Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.

It's quite clear what the full context of this prayer is. It is wishing for the POTUS to die, plain and simple. There is no debating it. At the same time, it's also calling him a wicked man who stands with Satan.

No, it is not. If it were the text would read "Palms 109:8-9" - it does NOT say that. It says "109:8" That is one line - just one - "Let his days be few; an let another take his office".

No, it is not. If it were the text would read "Palms 109:8-9" - it does NOT say that. It says "109:8" That is one line - just one - "Let his days be few; an let another take his office".

Don't be ignorant CG. Of course they won't quote the whole thing as to not be obvious about it. However, anyone who knows the bible knows that when you read verses, you're suppose to take them in full context.

For example, when people are quoting the 10 commandments, much of the time they are failing to recognize that the same book they quote from has a death sentence for not following such rules.

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
That where there is hatred,
I may bring love.
That where there is wrong,
I may bring the spirit of forgiveness.
That where there is discord,
I may bring harmony.
That where there is error,
I may bring truth.
That where there is doubt,
I may bring faith.
That where there is despair,
I may bring hope.
That where there are shadows,
I may bring light.
That where there is sadness,
I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort,
than to be comforted.
To understand,
than to be understood.
To love,
than to be loved.
For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.
It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.
Amen.

May the Bible be quoted where it serves its intended purpose and not be abused by partisan hacker-y.

I propose we all bow our heads, instead, and pray for the VERY GOOD HEALTH and the VERY LONG LIFE of President Obama. And yes, I'm serious and yes I mean every word of that.

I join with anyone who seeks that this President's time in Office be limited to just the first term, and that his minions in Congress be winnowed by the natural selection of voters to throw out the idiots.

But as much as we may loath President Obama's politics and his Official acts as President, I see no good reason to pray for his premature passing. In fact, I find that repulsive. I believe most conservatives would agree with my view.

I'm happy to let God judge when it is Obama's time to meet his Maker.

Don't be ignorant CG. Of course they won't quote the whole thing as to not be obvious about it. However, anyone who knows the bible knows that when you read verses, you're suppose to take them in full context.

For example, when people are quoting the 10 commandments, much of the time they are failing to recognize that the same book they quote from has a death sentence for not following such rules.

I'm not ignorant. I just happen to like accuracy. IF it was a death threat - or a prayer for his death.... it would quote both 8 and 9. It does not. I think some people just like to read shit into other shit that just isn't there. People do it all the time. I negged someone today for doing it to me. I say what I mean and I mean what I say. I don't need some ignorant shithead translating my shit.

And, I don't need someone who clearly does not know how to read the bible to tell me what it does or does not mean.

You're being too literal. I didn't realize you were a fundamentalist. I'm sure there are people in the US who want Obama dead, but I doubt the people who created the bumper sticker are part of this camp. It's just a simple statement from one verse. If you choose to read more into it, that's your problem. Calling others ignorant in this case is just silly, but I also realize that you'll argue this to death so I'll just leave it at that.

New Topics

Forum List

Back