My experience/views on black people... am I a racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
I grew up in Southern Indiana. Being born in 1965, the number of black people within 50 miles could be counted on one hand.
Not because they couldn't, but just like most rural areas in the Northern states...when blacks migrated here they didn't go to small towns.
The first black family I saw I was in junior high. There is a GM plant there, and some families out of NY and Detroit moved there when their plants closed. One of those families moved in our neighborhood. And started going to our church. As far as I knew, they had no issues here. I absolutely remember them being welcomed into the church. They had two children, one was a boy who was the same age as my middle brother. They became friends and he was at our house over the next several years 100's of times.
Then in high school a few more familes moved here and one boy fell into my group of friends and hung out till graduation.
Then we lived in a college town (Bloomington, IN) and there are of course significantly higher number of blacks there. To this day I have never once had a problem with any of them. Worked with them, friends with several of them... been to a few weddings..etc. etc. Black people here don't act any different than anyone else. And the crime committed by them are probably no higher/lower than other races here.
BUT... drive 45 minutes north to Indianapolis.... Whole - Other - Story. Drive 2 hours south to Louisville...same..2 and a half hours east to Cincy - same. In my book, according to 55 years of living - there are two sets of blacks in America. Inner-city blacks, and suburban blacks.
I have known suburban blacks most of my life, and I don't feel any different with them than any other race. PERIOD. Inner city blacks? Stay the fuck away from me. I want no part of you. When my two kids went to IUPUI Medical School in Indy... I made sure every apartment they lived in - there was as few blacks as possible. That was pretty much the only stipulation I had. And it cost a lot more for them to live there, but so be it.
My absolute attitude towards black people are no different than anyone else... give me no reason not to like you... I am fine with you. In all things. Give me a reason not to like you - bye. Just like anyone else.
But if I am in a major city and I see you with pants hanging down to your knees, a gold grill in your mouth hanging out with like individuals I am going to be sure I am not around you. I don't trust you. And the crime rates committed by them backs up my attitude 110%.
You don't deserve the free shit you get, you are a piece of garbage because you don't raise your children, you don't work and it is highly likely what money you have to buy those air Jordan shoes was not legal. And your girlfriends walking with you are loud as hell, rude, obnoxious and cuss like a drunken sailor. I have no respect for you. No time for you.
And guess what? The same goes for the shitty white trash around here as well. The meth heads, the moped/scooter riding drunken losers - they are white. I have no time for them either.
Both don't deserve what they have, let alone more from my tax dollars.

Our crime rate is lower than yours and the racist teachings you were raised with is why you think as you do. You talk about not trusting blacks but we are the ones who keep getting fucked over by whites and whites like you can't understand how blacks can't trust you. Whites have a 400 year record of criminal behavior and you post this garbage.

Our crime rate is lower than yours and the racist teachings you were raised with is why you think as you do. You talk about not trusting blacks but we are the ones who keep getting fucked over by whites and whites like you can't understand how blacks can't trust you. Whites have a 400 year record of criminal behavior and you post this garbage.
Oh you mean the racist teaching I had while my black friends hung out at my house?
Or the black families that began going to our church and were welcomed in with hospitality... that teaching?
Or the several blacks I have hired over the years?...that lesson?
Or the black friends I have right now?
Not sure what racist teachings you are referring to since you assume to know my background better than myself.

False.
You're a liar as well as a racist.

False.
You're a liar as well as a racist.
IM2 is one of the very few people I have on ignore. Only reason I saw this post is because he quoted me.
IM2 is a card carrying racist. Proof of that is all over this forum

I grew up in Southern Indiana. Being born in 1965, the number of black people within 50 miles could be counted on one hand.
Not because they couldn't, but just like most rural areas in the Northern states...when blacks migrated here they didn't go to small towns.
The first black family I saw I was in junior high. There is a GM plant there, and some families out of NY and Detroit moved there when their plants closed. One of those families moved in our neighborhood. And started going to our church. As far as I knew, they had no issues here. I absolutely remember them being welcomed into the church. They had two children, one was a boy who was the same age as my middle brother. They became friends and he was at our house over the next several years 100's of times.
Then in high school a few more familes moved here and one boy fell into my group of friends and hung out till graduation.
Then we lived in a college town (Bloomington, IN) and there are of course significantly higher number of blacks there. To this day I have never once had a problem with any of them. Worked with them, friends with several of them... been to a few weddings..etc. etc. Black people here don't act any different than anyone else. And the crime committed by them are probably no higher/lower than other races here.
BUT... drive 45 minutes north to Indianapolis.... Whole - Other - Story. Drive 2 hours south to Louisville...same..2 and a half hours east to Cincy - same. In my book, according to 55 years of living - there are two sets of blacks in America. Inner-city blacks, and suburban blacks.
I have known suburban blacks most of my life, and I don't feel any different with them than any other race. PERIOD. Inner city blacks? Stay the fuck away from me. I want no part of you. When my two kids went to IUPUI Medical School in Indy... I made sure every apartment they lived in - there was as few blacks as possible. That was pretty much the only stipulation I had. And it cost a lot more for them to live there, but so be it.
My absolute attitude towards black people are no different than anyone else... give me no reason not to like you... I am fine with you. In all things. Give me a reason not to like you - bye. Just like anyone else.
But if I am in a major city and I see you with pants hanging down to your knees, a gold grill in your mouth hanging out with like individuals I am going to be sure I am not around you. I don't trust you. And the crime rates committed by them backs up my attitude 110%.
You don't deserve the free shit you get, you are a piece of garbage because you don't raise your children, you don't work and it is highly likely what money you have to buy those air Jordan shoes was not legal. And your girlfriends walking with you are loud as hell, rude, obnoxious and cuss like a drunken sailor. I have no respect for you. No time for you.
And guess what? The same goes for the shitty white trash around here as well. The meth heads, the moped/scooter riding drunken losers - they are white. I have no time for them either.

I don't think that I found anything inherently "racist" in your opinions. At the same time no white person is obligated to defend their opinions simply because the masses don't like it. You don't owe people an explanation.

No your crime rate is not lower; it is much higher per capita.

What you have described here, in this excellent series of anecdotes, is known as The American Experience. Myself? I grew up between over one thousand acres of forested land in Northern Maryland and a town of less than two thousand souls in Southern Pennsylvania. Out there in the forested valleys, on my grandfather's remote property, I encountered few black folks. However, my great grandmother, a Native American, knew a black family who came around the property (she lived with her son, my grandfather) on a regular basis. Whenever they would arrive, most often on a Sunday afternoon, she would loudly exclaim, "the darkies are here!" There was of course nothing racist about that statement, as she would then proceed to invite them in to share Sunday dinner before the black father would help my grandfather with whatever tasks needed doing on his land, depending on the time of year.

There we no black folk living in the small Pennsylvania town I also grew up in. At least, not until the late 80's and my high school years. There were, however, both a Cambodian family (a huge one) and a couple of Iranian immigrant families. They blended right in.

In short, my experience is very similar to the OP's. I have served with black folks in the Army, the Reserves and the ARNG for nearly thirty years. Guess what? They're just like people of any other ethnicity or culture. Big surprise, right? Some black folk are easy to get along with; with others you have to work for it, for a good relationship or friendship and with others still, there are assholes among them who aren't worth the time. Same as with white folk, Asians, and everyone else.

All of that being said, the urban black youth of a certain disposition who does not escape and never will that culture of inner-city violence is to be approached cautiously or avoided outright. Again, there's nothing racist about the preceding statement. Bad culture is bad culture no matter what "race" participates in or perpetuates it.

Bottom line, and it should go without saying, all people are individuals, unique universes unto themselves. Get to know some of them and sometimes, just sometimes this mystical, "magical" trick happens called friendship.

You keep mentioning the 400 year record, which is bullshit because not all whites are or were criminals.

If you have to ask if you're a racist you most definitely are.

You say your a racist??? shock/horror!
Then go on to explain your not, - but hate people with problems - 'down and outs!'

There's only ONE group that can help blacks fix their problems, and that's THEMSELVES. No amount rioting, or looting, or burning down businesses, or getting rid of the cops, or hating whitey is going to FIX, ANYTHING, for blacks. To the contrary, it will only make things worse.

They need to start upholding successful blacks as their role models instead of trashing them as Uncle Toms and sell outs. They need to stop worshiping the thug culture, the gangs, the rappers, and every other low life piece of shit as something to aspire to.

Can you imagine what blacks MIGHT accomplish if they put as much effort into LEARNING and trying to make things BETTER as they did RIOTING, LOOTING, BURNING, HATING, RACE PIMPING and TEARING DOWN?

It's not up to white people to fix blacks problems. It's not up to any race. Only BLACKS can fix blacks problems.

Last edited:

Do you realize just how absolutely MORONIC and HOLLOW hearing one of you RACE PIMPS call someone racist is now? No, you don't. You're too STUPID. You're too full of HATE and you think calling someone a RAAAYYYYYYCCIIIISSST still has some sort of impact.

Well I got news for ya skippy, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK WHO YOU CALL RACIST ANYMORE. You and your kind have WORN THAT WORD OUT by untold multiple factors. Now you just sound STUPID.

I like WHITE BREAD and WHITE MILK... so... I'M A RACIST... :lol:

Then go on to explain your not, - but hate people with problems - 'down and outs!'
Eh? I said i was a racist? So yeah... go ahead and quote that will you?
My OP was an easy to understand post that surely shows I am NOT a racist. Equal opportunity for good thoughts and bad for any race

There's a racist in this thread, for sure. Find a mirror, find the racist.

What you have described here, in this excellent series of anecdotes, is known as The American Experience. Myself? I grew up between over one thousand acres of forested land in Northern Maryland and a town of less than two thousand souls in Southern Pennsylvania. Out there in the forested valleys, on my grandfather's remote property, I encountered few black folks. However, my great grandmother, a Native American, knew a black family who came around the property (she lived with her son, my grandfather) on a regular basis. Whenever they would arrive, most often on a Sunday afternoon, she would loudly exclaim, "the darkies are here!" There was of course nothing racist about that statement, as she would then proceed to invite them in to share Sunday dinner before the black father would help my grandfather with whatever tasks needed doing on his land, depending on the time of year.

There we no black folk living in the small Pennsylvania town I also grew up in. At least, not until the late 80's and my high school years. There were, however, both a Cambodian family (a huge one) and a couple of Iranian immigrant families. They blended right in.

In short, my experience is very similar to the OP's. I have served with black folks in the Army, the Reserves and the ARNG for nearly thirty years. Guess what? They're just like people of any other ethnicity or culture. Big surprise, right? Some black folk are easy to get along with; with others you have to work for it, for a good relationship or friendship and with others still, there are assholes among them who aren't worth the time. Same as with white folk, Asians, and everyone else.

All of that being said, the urban black youth of a certain disposition who does not escape and never will that culture of inner-city violence is to be approached cautiously or avoided outright. Again, there's nothing racist about the preceding statement. Bad culture is bad culture no matter what "race" participates in or perpetuates it.

Bottom line, and it should go without saying, all people are individuals, unique universes unto themselves. Get to know some of them and sometimes, just sometimes this mystical, "magical" trick happens called friendship.
My family is very mixed, all different colors. I am generally regarded as the mean old bastard of the group, and once when one of my cousins was getting concerned about the behavior of his teenager, he called me over at a cookout and gave me a scenario, and asked what I would do, all in front of his son. I gave an honest response and frankly scared the shit out of the young man.
I understand he was trying to show the boy something, but I'm not sure how I feel about being portrayed as some peckerwood boogeyman.

Do you realize just how absolutely MORONIC and HOLLOW hearing one of you RACE PIMPS call someone racist is now? No, you don't. You're too STUPID. You're too full of HATE and you think calling someone a RAAAYYYYYYCCIIIISSST still has some sort of impact.

Well I got news for ya skippy, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK WHO YOU CALL RACIST ANYMORE. You and your kind have WORN THAT WORD OUT by untold multiple factors. Now you just sound STUPID.

I like WHITE BREAD and WHITE MILK... so... I'M A RACIST... :lol:
Now youre being a drama queen. He asked a question I gave him an answer. Youre a racist. If you dont like that then too bad. Not much you can do about it.

When the neighborhood I lived in started to change, then changed the crime rate increased from when it started. Robberies, Assaults, Murders, the usual from most every other neighborhood that changed. The white teenagers kept some of the black teenagers at bay for a while. That kept older people a bit safer. Then as most families moved away the crime increased. my parents stayed for at least a decade. And the black kids eyeing her and up making nasty comments increased. Until waiting for a bus to go to work she was attacked for her purse. She didn't get hurt. But they put the home up for sale. Like many people having to get a new mortgage at an older age. The person that got the house of course had a special loan for minorities under Fair Housing. My Father at the time even helped with any issues with the house. 5 years later there was a murder in the same house that I grew up in. Murders are more common there today and it is considered a Black working class area. I guess it is what each of us are willing to put up with. That is unacceptable. And there are many working class men and women there who should stop this. But they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back