My Day in photos...mostly - well, the driving part, anyway :) Dial-up death.

While it looks 'slick' I have to say, the news made Seattle sound much worse than what your pics show. Beautiful!

Oh - honestly, there were places aroudn the Sound with more than a foot of snow. :) We barely got anything. :(

But the news made it sound like anyone trying to get out of their driveway was nuts. C'mon, you are all used to snow, 12" isn't that much, heading into December. ;)

But the news made it sound like anyone trying to get out of their driveway was nuts. C'mon, you are all used to snow, 12" isn't that much, heading into December. ;)

Oh - no..we are NOT used to snow. I'd guess our annual snowfall to be about 6". Some years we get nothing. :(

And people are encouraged to stay here because we have ONE of TWO times of drivers here - that is to say, 90% are one or the other:

Those who simply cannot FATHOM getting out of the left-lane for ANY reason. These folks also cannot drive in Rain, Snow, or yes, Sun. I've heard on the radio: "...and the SUN is distracting drivers Northbound I5..."

The 2nd type of driver, far fewer in numbers, really, are the invincable driver. We have one extreme, or the other. Not enough drivers like Me and MisterBlu.

:)

Was that holly growing in the wild?

Looks like you had a fun day. :)

That's typical January for us... maybe a little more snow. Usually stays on the ground all of Jan. Nov, we occasionally get flurries; Dec, a few snowfalls; ground usually keeps a mild snowcover through jan; feb is usually wet, muddy & mushy with some flurries; then march begins the rain.

Oh - no..we are NOT used to snow. I'd guess our annual snowfall to be about 6". Some years we get nothing. :(

And people are encouraged to stay here because we have ONE of TWO times of drivers here - that is to say, 90% are one or the other:

Those who simply cannot FATHOM getting out of the left-lane for ANY reason. These folks also cannot drive in Rain, Snow, or yes, Sun. I've heard on the radio: "...and the SUN is distracting drivers Northbound I5..."

The 2nd type of driver, far fewer in numbers, really, are the invincable driver. We have one extreme, or the other. Not enough drivers like Me and MisterBlu.

:)

Ok, my mistake. I thought you were just less than CO. The news was saying that people were backing out of drives, sliding across several lanes of traffic, causing x number of pileups. I guess was warranted.

Ok, my mistake. I thought you were just less than CO. The news was saying that people were backing out of drives, sliding across several lanes of traffic, causing x number of pileups. I guess was warranted.
Just want to make it clear, thought Seattle was just a tad under snowfall for Colorado average. Shockingly seems I'm wrong, Seattle gets way more rain and warmer temps.

Just want to make it clear, thought Seattle was just a tad under snowfall for Colorado average. Shockingly seems I'm wrong, Seattle gets way more rain and warmer temps.

I thought that WA & OR have cooler temps (compared to OH) in the summer, but warmer in the winter. They are just more moderate all year long. This chart reflects "normal" low temps for regions in the US.

ushzm1a.jpg

I thought that WA & OR have cooler temps (compared to OH) in the summer, but warmer in the winter. They are just more moderate all year long. This chart reflects "normal" low temps for regions in the US.

ushzm1a.jpg

That's what I like! Learning something new every day.

Forum List

Back