My dad died and I can't handle it.

Thanks guys I am a stubborn person, I hate asking for help, but tomorrow or Saturday I am going into detox at two different places, I have been drinking gallons of whiskey, my blood alcohol level must be off the charts

I just hate asking for help.

And you can't flame me because I don't give a fuck..

I lost my 93 year old dad just 4 weeks ago, I hurts, but then I remember the memories, good and bad with him. Some long forgotten memories comes out at a time like this to be cherished, it is all I have now of him, but I am at peace with him and with myself. Will have a memorial of him next spring.

I lost my 87 year old Mother 5 years ago, celebrated her life at the memorial a couple months later, have a nice mini movie of her life, something to hold onto for years to come.

It is part of life circle we all live in, the losses are always going to happen sooner or later. Go celebrate his life, respect him by living your life well in the days ahead, I am sure he would like that in his children.

Go take care of yourself, remember you are a living representation of his success as a father, don't think anything less of him or yourself as you recover and live well.
But ......

But.. ...

I tried, he died and the last thing he said to me you are written out of my will..

So to me it's like I never had any family at all, it was all a lie.
Get off the pity pot and own your life decisions.

Old people get grumpy and do or say dumb shit.

Mine died a few weeks ago.

It WILL be okay...... just hang in there.

It's like everyone dies except me..

I keep waking up to a night mare.
I go to bed every night hoping I am taken in my sleep. Every morning, I am Chief Dan George in Little Big Man, asking "am I still in this world?" and once my brain awakes, I do the "ugh" too.
I'm ready to go anytime He calls me. But I won't go uninvited. Pretty sure He will frown on me arriving at the gate asking where to put my toothbrush.

So....keep on keeping on is my advice. It sucks, but yer here still, for a reason.

I don't know what to do, I am pissed off, I am well educated I am fluent in Spanish, polish and japanese a little german

I know the bible like hell

But this I can't handle

My ears are ringing
Yer ears are ringing because your brain is trying to repair itself. That is what the ringing means. You are poisoning yourself with booze and whatever else you are doing. Instead of focusing on your dad, the past, his last mean words to you, and negative shit...muse on what your purpose here is. I question mine all the time, but if I hadn't been sent to Paradise, I would never have be able to save Anne. Was that my purpose? No clue. So now I am here in this shitty convalescent apt complex with 80 and 90 year old people who constantly complain about their ailments but....I was sent here too. Not sure why. Was it because betty got lost again and I had to push her and her walker to her apartment? Was it because sheryl fucked up her 85 year old back and needed someone to give her 15 year old poodle a bath? Perhaps because Deana needed some funds to get her old dog to the vet because that is the only family she has? I seem to be the only strong one around here not in a wheelchair or walker. Im here because I was sent here. I may not like it, but I'm sure I'm supposed to be here for however long He wants me here.

What is YOUR purpose? You said you have money. You speak languages. Go to Germany. Offer yourself as an interpreter. Maybe volunteer at an old folks home where they are all Japanese? Why are you here? You don't know, but you are here for a reason. Find it.

btw..bitchin and naggin and ventin is fine. I do it all the time. So rant away. You are heard, and that is all that matters.

Mine died a few weeks ago.

It WILL be okay...... just hang in there.

It's like everyone dies except me..

I keep waking up to a night mare.
I go to bed every night hoping I am taken in my sleep. Every morning, I am Chief Dan George in Little Big Man, asking "am I still in this world?" and once my brain awakes, I do the "ugh" too.
I'm ready to go anytime He calls me. But I won't go uninvited. Pretty sure He will frown on me arriving at the gate asking where to put my toothbrush.

So....keep on keeping on is my advice. It sucks, but yer here still, for a reason.

My wife died 12 years ago

I have been sitting in a hotel room for three weeks thinking about suicide, I have a lot of money.

Please some one tell me it will be ok
Hey, I cant feel what you feeling because I don't have a wife or a husband. Hell, if I even have a bf. Anyway, I had been there. When suicide feels like the only exit but trusts me, it's not. It may look enticing and what not. BUT ITS NOT! You deserve a shot at life again. You will be okay but you gotta help yourself in this phase. Jst, idk eat. Chocolate, drink, or indulge in something that seems to be healing. Just don't give up. Please!

I have been sitting in a hotel room for three weeks thinking about suicide, I have a lot of money.

Life is full of ups and downs, but the downs never last forever. Ive had occasions in my life where things were very dark, but every one of those situations got better after time. In one year, you wont feel anything like the way you feel today and you will be thankful that you continued life.

I will never forget when my dad passed away, I had got a phone call in the middle of the night announcing his death and I too drank a lot almost a whole Grand Marnier bottle to drown my grief, I don’t normally drink, but my heart was torn to a thousand pieces but I came to terms with the fact that my father loved Christmas lights, the light of a candle and I thought of him and to remember him how much of good papa he was at those moments when I saw the lights and I took this strength in this way hold down to something that has to do with your dad and I also wrote that also helped me .

For my Beloved Papa

Past moment, by your side
Knowing you and giving me everything
Flowers on your grave
Now you’ve become a shadow

No one can replace you
And I only love you
The absence of your voice and your advice
I always think of you when I wake up

Path Travelled on Specific Dates
To remember knowing you
One is the darkest
Thinking about you, on that street where you lived

Who has your name now
Father, I write his verses for you
Nothing is like before
Everything is lost but not the memories of the past .

I have had a rough life and a lot of tragedies, and have been down over many a disappointing thing in life.

Hold on and finish the race. Jesus is not going to delay His return for much longer and there is a great reward for those who have patience and endure until The End, and this is above and beyond the reunion you will have with your loved ones, who only sleep in The Lord, and whose spirits did not perish but are alive with Christ and whose bodies will be resurrected to Eternal Life with an Eternal Body which you also will receive upon the return of Christ for His Sheep.

Hold fast, that is all you are required to do. Believe in Christ as He believed in you so much, that He Voluntarily laid His Life down so that He could Rescue you and bring you home in to the Everlasting Loving Arms of your Father in Heaven.

Maybe if more people got to witness what a real hard time looks like they'd quit handing out pity so freely.
I've seen three year old orphans sleeping on the street with no home, no family, and not knowing where the next meal is coming from. Call me when you have it that bad. Till then stop your whining, pissing and moaning then realize and be thankful for how good you've got it.

I am telling you God is real.
He is.

I'm sorry about your dad. I lost mine on Valentine's Day. I fed him his last meal and watched him draw his last breath and felt his pulse fade away.

I'm also sorry to hear about your wife. That's rough.

It is good you are seeking help and giving up the drink. Life will get better without it.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I'm sorry to hear about your father. Please, call someone, be it a loved one or a professional, and get some help. Sometimes we all need a little, and this sounds like your time.

Thanks, like I said I am a stubborn bastard, I always want to know how I can out drink my wife, my cousin, my best friend and still live 12 years later.

I was purposely trying to destroy my life.

Because I wanted to see if fate was real
What you choose to do with your life is your business. I can honestly say I don’t care.

Making a permanent decision on temporary feelings will enshrine you as an idiot for eternity. Keep that in mind.

Forum List

Back