My Coworker Tested Positive for COVID-19

I think this will be my last post for awhile, actually this morning I didn't plan on making this one.
Why can't you continue to post? ... :dunno:

Do you realize that corona virus isn't contagious over the internet? .. :cool:

Actually the coronavirus is so goddamn contagious that it has evolved into an entity that can infect hard drives and then jump over to humans! And all of this is because Trump eats puppies!

Jo

There are severe side effects with some of these malaria fighting drugs and they need to go through a proper approval process that will include human testing. Last thing you want is some asshole killing himself with fish tank cleaner.

Two entirely different chemical compounds. If someone is dumb enough to take fish tank cleaner they deserve the darwin award and to die. I am sure there is a "do not ingest" on the bottle. The malaria med has cured countless people.

You get covid, don't take anything. I get it I'll take the malaria med. With or without stupid FDA approval. But not fishtank cleaner, that's reserved for libs

There are severe side effects with some of these malaria fighting drugs and they need to go through a proper approval process that will include human testing. Last thing you want is some asshole killing himself with fish tank cleaner.

Two entirely different chemical compounds. If someone is dumb enough to take fish tank cleaner they deserve the darwin award and to die. I am sure there is a "do not ingest" on the bottle. The malaria med has cured countless people.

You get covid, don't take anything. I get it I'll take the malaria med. With or without stupid FDA approval. But not fishtank cleaner, that's reserved for libs

How much do you take?

I think this will be my last post for awhile, actually this morning I didn't plan on making this one.

Last week a co-worker of mine posted on facebook that she wasn't feeling well. On Friday, with persistent symptoms she went to her doctor. They tested her for the flue which came back negative. Her Doctor only had 5 Coronavirus tests available and they decided to use one on her. She said she wasn't supposed to hear back until early this week. On Sunday she got the call that she tested positive.

She does not need to be admitted to the hospital, she is now quarantined at home and not feeling well at all, weak, body aches, head ache and a fever, she's bed ridden at the moment however in good spirits. Tracing back they think it was her son who recently came back home from college and was asymptomatic however his friend back at school had a cough. She just celebrated her 50th birthday and is as far as I can tell in very good health.

For me I haven;t seen her in person since around January. Actually the last conversation I had with her was through IM where we had kind of a heated debate about the subject as she though this was over-hyped and kind of annoyed by the whole thing. She recently had a birthday party and complained with all the last minute cancellations. My take was she thought this more or less to be an old persons disease and they should just be more careful for awhile. She wasn't careful.

I hope all of you take care and I do mean ALL of you. Believe it or not we are in this together and us getting through this very much depends on the actions of our friends, neighbors and strangers. Whether you think this is a Chinese Communist plot to destroy Capitalism or you believe Donald Trump personally spoon fed each American COVID19 in the middle of the night it doesn't matter at the moment, we should have on our minds the solitary (literally) goal of getting the hell through this disaster with as many of us as possible surviving on the other side.

Has her son been tested? Seems like that would be the next step.

Stay strong and be well, all of you.

No. Since he is asymptomatic they will not test him. However since he's home he is now isolating.

Makes a lot of sense, right?

In a Rumpian sense I guess. Would be useful to know whether or not he's carrying. I'm presuming the test can show that without symptoms.

Yep, test works whether you have symptoms or not.

Despite the flaming here, if you find the wherewithal to update us here on what develops with your co-worker, it would be received with gratitude for the perspective. Good luck.

Update:

It's been one week since she has been out sick from work. As of today there is no change in her condition, she is bed ridden and quarantined from others in her house.. Until recently she hadn't been posting on social media and did so late last night because it was her birthday and also just wanting to let people know she was still alive.

I can only imagine how difficult this would be in a Manhattan apartment that may only be 500 sq. ft with multiple residents.

This board still caters to the dredges of society now willing to expend the elderly because they are cowards I see. No thanks. At some point the liberals and others on this board should consider if your participation here is actually helpful or is just gasoline used to propel their dumpster fire party.
Sorry to hear about this person getting the flu. I've seen people sick with the flu year after year, and have even had the flu myself a couple years ago. Nobody deserves to go through this. The flu sucks.

Thanks for lying about my friends illness. Means a lot.
Are you claiming that your friend's flu doesn't suck, or are you claiming that your friend deserves to go through this?

Last week a co-worker of mine posted on facebook that she wasn't feeling well. On Friday, with persistent symptoms she went to her doctor. They tested her for the flue which came back negative. Her Doctor only had 5 Coronavirus tests available and they decided to use one on her. She said she wasn't supposed to hear back until early this week. On Sunday she got the call that she tested positive.

She does not need to be admitted to the hospital, she is now quarantined at home and not feeling well at all, weak, body aches, head ache and a fever, she's bed ridden at the moment however in good spirits. Tracing back they think it was her son who recently came back home from college and was asymptomatic however his friend back at school had a cough. She just celebrated her 50th birthday and is as far as I can tell in very good health.

For me I haven;t seen her in person since around January. Actually the last conversation I had with her was through IM where we had kind of a heated debate about the subject as she though this was over-hyped and kind of annoyed by the whole thing. She recently had a birthday party and complained with all the last minute cancellations. My take was she thought this more or less to be an old persons disease and they should just be more careful for awhile. She wasn't careful.

I hope all of you take care and I do mean ALL of you. Believe it or not we are in this together and us getting through this very much depends on the actions of our friends, neighbors and strangers. Whether you think this is a Chinese Communist plot to destroy Capitalism or you believe Donald Trump personally spoon fed each American COVID19 in the middle of the night it doesn't matter at the moment, we should have on our minds the solitary (literally) goal of getting the hell through this disaster with as many of us as possible surviving on the other side.

No. Since he is asymptomatic they will not test him. However since he's home he is now isolating.

In a Rumpian sense I guess. Would be useful to know whether or not he's carrying. I'm presuming the test can show that without symptoms.

Despite the flaming here, if you find the wherewithal to update us here on what develops with your co-worker, it would be received with gratitude for the perspective. Good luck.

Update:

It's been one week since she has been out sick from work. As of today there is no change in her condition, she is bed ridden and quarantined from others in her house.. Until recently she hadn't been posting on social media and did so late last night because it was her birthday and also just wanting to let people know she was still alive.

I can only imagine how difficult this would be in a Manhattan apartment that may only be 500 sq. ft with multiple residents.

This board still caters to the dredges of society now willing to expend the elderly because they are cowards I see. No thanks. At some point the liberals and others on this board should consider if your participation here is actually helpful or is just gasoline used to propel their dumpster fire party.
Sorry to hear about this person getting the flu. I've seen people sick with the flu year after year, and have even had the flu myself a couple years ago. Nobody deserves to go through this. The flu sucks.

Thanks for lying about my friends illness. Means a lot.
Are you claiming that your friend's flu doesn't suck, or are you claiming that your friend deserves to go through this?

I'm not the one making baseless claims. She had the flue earlier this year and didn't miss a step. COVID-19 knocked her down and put her in bed for what is going on a week now and for which she has to limit her exposures to her own family.

What is the point that you want to play this stupid little game about someone I know who caught a pandemic? I get it, you don't take it seriously. Move on.

Fun fact.

The United States is about 4.25% of the worlds population. Yesterday we accounted for over 28% of all new COVID-19 cases.

Fun fact.

The United States is about 4.25% of the worlds population. Yesterday we accounted for over 28% of all new COVID-19 cases.
Funer Fact:
Italy is .08% of the world's population
Italy accounts for 32% of all deaths

Fun fact.

Funer Fact:

Italy is actually closer to .8, not .08%, just to be accurate.

Do you think comparing the United States to the single most devastated country (and one that also didn't act quick enough) and coming out ahead isn't anything but obvious? You're also not looking at trends. Italy for the most part was a couple of weeks ahead and they still are struggling today. However we are beginning to overtake them on almost every stat. We are now diagnosing almost 3 times as many people per day as Italy, in two weeks a percentage of that (a percentage that is now increasing over time) will die.

We do share something in common with Italy and that is our neighboring countries (especially in our case) are not seeing anywhere near the same numbers as we are.

Anyway, I don't really see the purpose of cherry picking Italy except to obfuscate. Our numbers are climbing and unfortunately due to a lack of planning and taking action we are now paying a price regardless if another country is guilty of the same mistakes.

Italy is actually closer to .8, not .08%, just to be accurate
You are right on this part of your post.

Point is, we are doing FAR better than any other country. Thank you President Trump.

Italy's mortality rate is about 12%!!!!

I guess they regret their encouragement to "hug a Chinaman"

Last edited:
Italy is actually closer to .8, not .08%, just to be accurate
You are right on this part of your post.

Point is, we are doing FAR better than any other country. Thank you President Trump.

Italy's mortality rate is about 10%!!!!

I guess they regret their encouragement to "hug a Chinaman"

We're doing far better than any other country simply isn't true. We are responsible for 28% of all new cases yesterday and we aren't anywhere near 28% of the world population.

Yes, Italy is bad. That you have to compare us to them (and their headstart), just to make it seem like we're doing fine is a little troubling.

Update:

Do you know if she is getting any anti-malaria treatment or anything that is mitigating the symptoms?

Seems she will be fine as will most people -- your story has convinced me even more that we need to open this economy back up....its basically a flu.....economies don't shut down over a flu

Chloroquine is NOT APPROVED for Coronavirus. Don't spread that shit. People have already died from that mythology.
Correction. Chloroquine is not approved in the great satan Inc--NLC ----for "treating" the virus. HOWEVER the vaccines will be, immediately
Heres the NLC part
No Pharma Liability? No Vaccine Mandates - NVIC Newsletter

Where the United States is going to get into trouble is not the mortality rate. Though lately that has been ticking upward as it was around 1.3%, it's now about 1.5%. Our problem is that 1.5% is going to be taken out of a rather large number of people compared to anyone else. I fear we'll more than likely catch up to and surpass Italy's death count and it's not really going to be close.

This is why it's pointless to open up our country at this point. First off, Trump doesn't have much power to do that since it's local and state authorities in control. Most (the sane ones anyway) are going to see the numbers keep rising and aren't going to want to go to Disney Land, see a movie or enjoy a concert, let alone get on a plane. However undoubtedly Trump endorsing an irrelevant date will cause many yahoos to throw their own backyard parties and before you know it the rate of transmission and death will increase even more. It's a really fucked up catch 22 but that's where we are.

Update:

Do you know if she is getting any anti-malaria treatment or anything that is mitigating the symptoms?

Seems she will be fine as will most people -- your story has convinced me even more that we need to open this economy back up....its basically a flu.....economies don't shut down over a flu

Chloroquine is NOT APPROVED for Coronavirus. Don't spread that shit. People have already died from that mythology.
Correction. Chloroquine is not approved in the great satan Inc--NLC ----for "treating" the virus. HOWEVER the vaccines will be, immediately
Heres the NLC part
No Pharma Liability? No Vaccine Mandates - NVIC Newsletter

That's what I just said.

Where the United States is going to get into trouble is not the mortality rate. Though lately that has been ticking upward as it was around 1.3%, it's now about 1.5%. Our problem is that 1.5% is going to be taken out of a rather large number of people compared to anyone else. I fear we'll more than likely catch up to and surpass Italy's death count and it's not really going to be close.

This is why it's pointless to open up our country at this point. First off, Trump doesn't have much power to do that since it's local and state authorities in control. Most (the sane ones anyway) are going to see the numbers keep rising and aren't going to want to go to Disney Land, see a movie or enjoy a concert, let alone get on a plane. However undoubtedly Trump endorsing an irrelevant date will cause many yahoos to throw their own backyard parties and before you know it the rate of transmission and death will increase even more. It's a really fucked up catch 22 but that's where we are.

Exactly. Contagious viruses don't care, they'll take any vessel that presents, irrespective of why they presented. This is the sort of thing that literally requires universal cooperation. If 99 out of a hundred take precautions, all it takes is the 100th to spoil the whole soup.

Exactly. Contagious viruses don't care, they'll take any vessel that presents, irrespective of why they presented. This is the sort of thing that literally requires universal cooperation. If 99 out of a hundred take precautions, all it takes is the 100th to spoil the whole soup.

Well, consider the soup inedible at this point in time. People regardless of their politics are really fucking this up.

Funer Fact:

Another fun fact. KY population 4.47mil. 2 deaths, 248 cases of whatever. .018% of the population. Dem gov shuts everything down, all govt offices, everything he has control of. Take out only, churches closed, no events....

Update:

EDIT: For the record she is in Arizona

You mean the DREGS of society.

This is a dredge:

1585346416480.png

These are DREGS:

1585346456426.png

Fun fact.

Those third world nations are not travelers. I know this is bad, but it was long overdue. And it may be another conspiracy to create global government.

Funer Fact:

Another fun fact. KY population 4.47mil. 2 deaths, 248 cases of whatever. .018% of the population. Dem gov shuts everything down, all govt offices, everything he has control of. Take out only, churches closed, no events....

Seems to be working then. What's your point?

If you get that far by all means essplain to the class wtf his political party has to do with protecting his state.

New Topics

Forum List

Back