My COVID Story

We were injured in auto accident in Florida while DeSantis claimed everything was great in August. He lied & many died.

We could not get treatment for injuries because all hospitals in Tampa area were turning away ambulances or making them wait 8 hours to unload. Ambulances could not respond to emergencies because they were all full waiting in lines at hospitals.

That is not supposed to be possible.
FEMA has lots of emergency medical facilities it can deploy when asked, and no one so far has ever asked for any.

UPDATE:
Finally admitted into a hospital with COVID Pneumonia spread to 3/4 of my lungs. Infectious Disease doctor, MD, and other doctor is going over all the records to come up with a way ahead due to antibiotic / steroid-resistant COVID Pneumonia. Compromised Immune system due to MS is causing problems. Stronger meds this afternoon did result in a little improvement.

This is COVID, not Delta or Omicron.This is also after being fully vaccinated.

I still believe getting vaccinated should be a personal choice because the vaccine is not one-size-fits-all, and there are significant risks to a small percent of people. If you find yourself ending up one the people in that small percent it does not feel like such a small percent after all.

Getting the vaccine, after talking to my doctor, was a no-brainer, no hesitation. For me, the vaccines will probably keep me off of a ventilator, even save my life.

Low on oxygen and energy fighting this off, so not able to be on much.

Wanted to thank everyone for thoughts / prayers. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy. Do miss the lively discussions but will be back... For all the heated discussions at times, I may not agree with everyone, but I neither hate anyone nor wish anyone ill. Just the opposite.

Talk to you guys later...
Waiting for another update easyt65!

Hope you are doing better!

Please give it a good fight! Fight with all you got! You can beat this!

Care

Waiting for another update easyt65!

Hope you are doing better!

Please give it a good fight! Fight with all you got! You can beat this!

Care

Antibiotics can't help because the problem attacking the lungs is your own immune system, the cytokine storm.
Cortical steroids are to reduce immune system over response, but if one does not work, there are many others.
Things like Quinine, Ivermectin, Remdesivir, and other immuno suppressants also work on some people.

On 13 January I was diagnosed with COVID-19, despite having had all the vaccines.

I was taken to the local hospital by my daughter where the doctor ordered a CT scan, told me he thought my vitals looked fairly good, and he sent me home without and meds.

I was taken back to the ER on 20 January as I was having trouble breathing. The same ER doctor was there. Upon seeing me he asked what I was doing back. He said I needed to stay in bed and 'tough it out' before sending me home, again without meds.

Last, after stopping breathing 4 separate times my daughter brought me back to the ER. In the room I was wheezing and could no keep my eyes open. I was lying down on the bed when the same DOC walked in, saw me, and told me to get up. He had me do a CT scan.

After the scan he asked me if I had finished the antibiotics I had been given for my COVID PNEUMONIA.....'UM, WHAT pneumonia?!'

The doc then told me they had found the 'ground glass' tell-tale sign of COVID PNEUMONIA on the 13th , before discharging me again.

Because it had been more than a week I was now ineligible for monoclonal antibodies and would not give me ivermectin or other therapeutics. In fact, knowing I had covid pneumonia he said he wasn't going to give me anything.

He then walked out of the room. Right outside the door I heard him tell my nurse to start the discharge paperwork, that he would come back to see me in 30 minutes and would send me home again

I put my jacket own, stepped out of the room, and left.

Finally, today, coughing, pain in lungs (burning), cramping, and an oxygen level at 85%, my daughter took me to an Urgent Care facility. Within 5 minutes they had multiple IV antibiotics and breathing treatments going on, blood being drawn.

I was told my O2 was still dropping and if I had not come in I was headed for a ventilator.

The vaccines do not prevent anyone from getting sick, especially with a compromised immune system like mine. They are supposed to lessen the effects. Thank goodness I got fully vaccinated. If this was 'lessening the effects' of COVID, I would hate to think what the full force of the effects would have been.

As Omicron sweeps across our community / state - 6 people in my household (wife, kids, grandkids) have the virus. In all sincerity, I hope you all stay healthy and take care. Don't let any doctor get away with CHOOSING not to treat you if you are sick. God bless, & STAY SAFE.

Sorry to hear your story that sucks.

I recently got omnicron myself fully recovered and had no symptoms I am fully vaccinated and boosted, It was a breeze for me. No symptoms at all, not even a cough. Jogging 3 times a week with no shortness of breath, felt great. Only knew had it because of a positive PCR test at work. I worked out in my home gym during my isolation period running on a treadmill, lifting heavy weights, doing a stationary bike while I watched movies. No shortness of breath, felt 100% as good as I did before omnicron. Absolutely zero symptoms, I didn't even have a cough lol. The jabs seemed to work for me :)

On 13 January I was diagnosed with COVID-19, despite having had all the vaccines.

I was taken to the local hospital by my daughter where the doctor ordered a CT scan, told me he thought my vitals looked fairly good, and he sent me home without and meds.

I was taken back to the ER on 20 January as I was having trouble breathing. The same ER doctor was there. Upon seeing me he asked what I was doing back. He said I needed to stay in bed and 'tough it out' before sending me home, again without meds.

Last, after stopping breathing 4 separate times my daughter brought me back to the ER. In the room I was wheezing and could no keep my eyes open. I was lying down on the bed when the same DOC walked in, saw me, and told me to get up. He had me do a CT scan.

After the scan he asked me if I had finished the antibiotics I had been given for my COVID PNEUMONIA.....'UM, WHAT pneumonia?!'

The doc then told me they had found the 'ground glass' tell-tale sign of COVID PNEUMONIA on the 13th , before discharging me again.

Because it had been more than a week I was now ineligible for monoclonal antibodies and would not give me ivermectin or other therapeutics. In fact, knowing I had covid pneumonia he said he wasn't going to give me anything.

He then walked out of the room. Right outside the door I heard him tell my nurse to start the discharge paperwork, that he would come back to see me in 30 minutes and would send me home again

I put my jacket own, stepped out of the room, and left.

Finally, today, coughing, pain in lungs (burning), cramping, and an oxygen level at 85%, my daughter took me to an Urgent Care facility. Within 5 minutes they had multiple IV antibiotics and breathing treatments going on, blood being drawn.

I was told my O2 was still dropping and if I had not come in I was headed for a ventilator.

The vaccines do not prevent anyone from getting sick, especially with a compromised immune system like mine. They are supposed to lessen the effects. Thank goodness I got fully vaccinated. If this was 'lessening the effects' of COVID, I would hate to think what the full force of the effects would have been.

As Omicron sweeps across our community / state - 6 people in my household (wife, kids, grandkids) have the virus. In all sincerity, I hope you all stay healthy and take care. Don't let any doctor get away with CHOOSING not to treat you if you are sick. God bless, & STAY SAFE.

Hope you make a complete recovery.

CHECKING IN:

After being admitted into and being kept in the hospital for a week with COVID Pneumonia in 2/3rds of both my lungs, Hypoxic Respiratory Failure, and elevated markers for both heart issues and blood clots, I was assessed as being stable enough to be released to go home to continue recovery.

I am at home on an oxygen concentrator, nebulizer, and have in-home nursing visits for now. 1/3rd of both my (lower) lungs still contain Pneumonia, the 'broken ground glass' tell-tale signs of COVID Pneumonia. I have been designated as a 'Long Hauler', meaning full recovery may take as long as 6 - 9 months. I may be able to go back to work as early as 9 March, based on progress, but will most probably still be on oxygen for months. I'm also told my Multiple Sclerosis is slowing down recovery.

Considering in what condition I was admitted into the hospital, believing I would be put on a respirator within hours rather than days, the fact that I am recovering at home now is freaking AWESOME, pretty much a miracle pulled off by an incredible medical team here in our area from all over the country, not just local.

And remember, the vaccines I got were not supposed to prevent me from getting COVID but TO MAKE SYMPTOMS WEAKER / LESSENED. I hate to think how much worse this could have been without the vaccines.

I am extremely weak - anything I do zaps my energy and wipes me out ... so I am not going to be extremely active on the board for a bit. I just wanted to give everyone an update ... I have missed you guys. :p

Oh, I wanted to pass on to everyone the news from a new study that's out:

Scientists and medical staff have discovered, especially for 'Long Haulers' but also for all COVID-positive patients, that 50mg a day of diphenhydramie - over-the-counter BENADRYL antihistamine - helps 'long hauler' exhaustion and brain fog over 6 - 9 months. It has shown to eliminate 90% of lingering long-term symptoms. Immediate use of 50mg daily of diphenhydramine upon getting COVID has proven to help short-term virus symptoms as well.

I hope this helps anyone out there who has COVID or knows anyone who has it.

Take care of yourselves, stay safe and I look forward to getting back to talking to you guys soon. God bless....

....and keep saving the world.

;)

CHECKING IN:

After being admitted into and being kept in the hospital for a week with COVID Pneumonia in 2/3rds of both my lungs, Hypoxic Respiratory Failure, and elevated markers for both heart issues and blood clots, I was assessed as being stable enough to be released to go home to continue recovery.

I am at home on an oxygen concentrator, nebulizer, and have in-home nursing visits for now. 1/3rd of both my (lower) lungs still contain Pneumonia, the 'broken ground glass' tell-tale signs of COVID Pneumonia. I have been designated as a 'Long Hauler', meaning full recovery may take as long as 6 - 9 months. I may be able to go back to work as early as 9 March, based on progress, but will most probably still be on oxygen for months. I'm also told my Multiple Sclerosis is slowing down recovery.

Considering in what condition I was admitted into the hospital, believing I would be put on a respirator within hours rather than days, the fact that I am recovering at home now is freaking AWESOME, pretty much a miracle pulled off by an incredible medical team here in our area from all over the country, not just local.

And remember, the vaccines I got were not supposed to prevent me from getting COVID but TO MAKE SYMPTOMS WEAKER / LESSENED. I hate to think how much worse this could have been without the vaccines.

I am extremely weak - anything I do zaps my energy and wipes me out ... so I am not going to be extremely active on the board for a bit. I just wanted to give everyone an update ... I have missed you guys. :p

Scientists and medical staff have discovered, especially for 'Long Haulers' but also for all COVID-positive patients, that 50mg a day of diphenhydramie - over-the-counter BENADRYL antihistamine - helps 'long hauler' exhaustion and brain fog over 6 - 9 months. It has shown to eliminate 90% of lingering long-term symptoms. Immediate use of 50mg daily of diphenhydramine upon getting COVID has proven to help short-term virus symptoms as well.

Take care of yourselves, stay safe and I look forward to getting back to talking to you guys soon. God bless....

;)
YAY!!! Thank God you made it! I'm exhausted from praying for you 24/7 and worrying about you!

Hurry back to post your B.S. again, so I can argue with you and call you all kinds of not so nice things!!! :D

Care

CHECKING IN:

;)
So glad to hear you are among the living…but what a journey!

...Jesus

CHECKING IN:

Greetings all beloved (and missed) board members....I am alive and doing better.

(ATTEMPTED) Short Recap
- Hospitalized with COVID Double Pneumonia
- Dodged the Respirator
- Had a mini-stroke
- Resulting MS flare-up causing large new lesion on my brain
--Aggresdive treatments withsteroids and new 'miracle drug'
- Diagnosed as 'Long Haul' COVID
- Lung treatments daily
-- Pneumonia and inflamation finally gone; COVID lung scarring still there (may be a 'souvenir' I get to keep
- Weekly rehab

Getting stronger, better, and missed you guys. Will be on and off as much as I can...

...and by the looks of the news I need to be. I go away for 2-3 months and everything goes to hell in a hand basket... :p

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers...this has been a long, hard road but there is definitely light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, growing bigger and brighter...

God is good!

Excellent dude! We were worried about you. Thanks for the update.

Just a quick test:

Does this pic still make you retch uncontrollably?

hillary-clinton-1.jpg

If so, you're good to go, well on your way to a full recovery.

Sounds like you had an incompetent doctor. I would have been fuming. This is why i always seek a second opinion and a third if need be. Eventually you'll find a doctor who is competent. And yes, it's a good thing you got vaccinated, or you'd likely be on a ventilator, and 6 feet under not long after. I wonder if you got delta or omicron.

You and the Biden regime and their media need to stop telling the lie that vaccinated people can't get or spread Covid. That lie has killed many, many thousands of people.

Forum List

Back