My corvettes!!

It actually had a few issues I had to take care of. But its all good now. Any 30 year old car, even if it only has really low miles, is going to have some minor things to take care of.

The Bose Gold radio system had to have a few repairs. It works awesomely now and sounds amazing for a 30 year old set up.

The cruise didn't work. I diagnosed that and got it fixed

And the air bag light was on. Common on the 90 model. I researched it and fixed it as well.

Now the car is perfect.

There will be good days and bad days.

I've got a '90 among my clutter in Quasar Blue Metallic. 1 of only 474 that came in that color.

3_0580e6d9c5f26ebf7e05ff0437527e.jpg

13_28892c651e41ca6fe531dcc5663751dbbbc3f3b8.jpeg

21_e500182cd0ac0fdb4f1b97b20aaa229287811804.jpeg

14_8186307f03f56c69a17b865653bd5032c312e394.jpeg

I saw that you had the yellow C5 up for sale. I'm surprised nobody made an offer on it yet, to be honest. You're a little high on it, but not so high that you shouldn't get a reasonable offer if you hold out.

Anyway. You'll likely find the C4 way more fun to drive. To me the C5 feels too much like driving a Miata. The C4 is a good mix of sports car and muscle car.

I saw that you had the yellow C5 up for sale. I'm surprised nobody made an offer on it yet, to be honest. You're a little high on it, but not so high that you shouldn't get a reasonable offer if you hold out.

Anyway. You'll likely find the C4 way more fun to drive. To me the C5 feels too much like driving a Miata. The C4 is a good mix of sports car and muscle car.
I had one offer. I just couldn't bring myself to take less than Im asking. I dont think im high at all. So I will just keep it. I may try Bring a Trailer in the spring if I decide I really want to get rid of it.

I like the C4 because its completely stock. Im older now. 51. So my days of wanting to be fast and loud are behind me. The C5 exhaust is just a little loud for my current taste.

And Your C4 is beautiful. I LOVE that color. My next one will be blue.

I had one offer. I just couldn't bring myself to take less than Im asking. I dont think im high at all. So I will just keep it. I may try Bring a Trailer in the spring if I decide I really want to get rid of it.

I like the C4 because its completely stock. Im older now. 51. So my days of wanting to be fast and loud are behind me. The C5 exhaust is just a little loud for my current taste.

I’m older than you, but I still want to go fast. Loud isn’t that important but the sound of an old big block V8 revving up, is addicting.

I’m older than you, but I still want to go fast. Loud isn’t that important but the sound of an old big block V8 revving up, is addicting.
Yeah. My C5 has the twin turbos mounted in the rear. So I had to remove the cats from the exhaust because I didn't want any of that material to end up going through the turbos. So for that reason, its just a little louder than I want.

The cats really helped with the noise. They were like mufflers. But with boost, that material could destroy the turbos and thats a chance I didn't want to take. Its really not THAT bad.....im just over loud exhausts. I have had them for years because im just a crazy enthusiast. So now I have the best of both worlds. FAST and LOUD......and completely STOCK if I just want to cruise or take the wife to dinner.

if I were ready for that last HOORAH....dream car......this one would be in serious consideration....

I'm right there with you. I mainly only cruise the up and down, winding back roads. Those are big fun to drive in a C4 and I rarely go over the speed limit anyway. There's just no need.

But that was just me talking when I said about being high on it. I was just saying that I personally wouldn't spend that much on a C5. And I'd normally keep that opinion to myself when around the regulars on the other board where so many vettes are bought and sold as people get bored with them or just want something different or whatever. But...others will, if they like it. I've seen it too many times to say otherwise. There's a very good market for used C5s. And I saw the original listing when you bought it a couple of years ago, so I know what it looks like under the hood and under the car. It's in real good shape and has clearly been taken care of. There's no doubt that it'll sell, if that's what you end up deciding on doing.

I'd thought about picking up a C3 to tinker around with. Then thought about a 2013 C6. But the more I think about it, I think I'd rather put the money toward moving some place tropical and put more toys off until later. I'm tired of the east coast. Beyond the fact that it's too cold, it's getting to the point that every time I go out some place any more I feel like choking the ever living shit out of the obnoxious jerkoffs who populate much of it. Seems to be getting worse by the day as society crumbles.

I'm right there with you. I mainly only cruise the up and down, winding back roads. Those are big fun to drive in a C4 and I rarely go over the speed limit anyway. There's just no need.

But that was just me talking when I said about being high on it. I was just saying that I personally wouldn't spend that much on a C5. And I'd normally keep that opinion to myself when around the regulars on the other board where so many vettes are bought and sold as people get bored with them or just want something different or whatever. But...others will, if they like it. I've seen it too many times to say otherwise. There's a very good market for used C5s. And I saw the original listing when you bought it a couple of years ago, so I know what it looks like under the hood and under the car. It's in real good shape and has clearly been taken care of. There's no doubt that it'll sell, if that's what you end up deciding on doing.

I'd thought about picking up a C3 to tinker around with. Then thought about a 2013 C6. But the more I think about it, I think I'd rather put the money toward moving some place tropical and put more toys off until later. I'm tired of the east coast. Beyond the fact that it's too cold, it's gettng to the point that every time I go out some place any more I feel like choking the ever living shit out of the obnoxious jerkoffs who populate much of it. Seems to be getting worse by the day.

I got rid of my C6 Z06 a year before I bought the C5 because I didn't want a big car note. That C6Z was an absolutely amazing car.....but 600.00 a month gets old quick.

So the C5 is paid for. I did take out a small loan on the C4. I had mostly cash but borrowed a few grand. Ill have it paid for by the end of the year.

Nice OP!.... Here's my 2003 anniversary Z06 C5. 405hp, 6 speed manual, all the anniversary goodies, 46K. Electron blue.

Seally, multiple vehicles get discounted. Vette cost me $300 additional a year, no more than my 1 ton Ford or wifes Toyota.

GQlY3fH.jpg

DzJUuvf.jpg
0Gt6PdC.jpg

83xjNMq.jpg

Always liked your C5, Shawnee. That's a sweet Z06. Especially with the hard top.

if I were ready for that last HOORAH....dream car......this one would be in serious consideration....

That is a beauty. Love that year too.

I drag raced a 1968 427 back in the day. The old guy driving (younger than me now) laughed at us, when I suggested we give a go. I had my 1968 Dodge Charger 440 automatic, with four of us in the car. Needless to say, he blew my doors off.

Nice OP!.... Here's my 2003 anniversary Z06 C5. 405hp, 6 speed manual, all the anniversary goodies, 46K. Electron blue.

Seally, multiple vehicles get discounted. Vette cost me $300 additional a year, no more than my 1 ton Ford or wifes Toyota.

GQlY3fH.jpg

DzJUuvf.jpg
0Gt6PdC.jpg

83xjNMq.jpg
Killer ride.........EB is another STELLAR color from GM.

Nice.

I have owned a string of high performance cars and motorcycles (nothing like the Vette's shown above), but the older I get the less I pine for cars that are so fast you have to restrain yourself when driving them.

The better thrills, I think, are with cars that you can beat the shit out of while remaining at sane (though illegal) speeds. I'm talking about Miata's, turbo Camaro's and Mustang's, hot hatches, and old Z3's.

I concur with the correspondent above who mentioned the C3 - best of all Corvettes in my opinion. I wouldn't own a C8. A sports car with a slush box is going too far; I don't care how good the slush box is, that ain't driving.

I have owned a string of high performance cars and motorcycles (nothing like the Vette's shown above), but the older I get the less I pine for cars that are so fast you have to restrain yourself when driving them.

The better thrills, I think, are with cars that you can beat the shit out of while remaining at sane (though illegal) speeds. I'm talking about Miata's, turbo Camaro's and Mustang's, hot hatches, and old Z3's.

I concur with the correspondent above who mentioned the C3 - best of all Corvettes in my opinion. I wouldn't own a C8. A sports car with a slush box is going too far; I don't care how good the slush box is, that ain't driving.
The upcoming C8 Z06 is going to be an unreal car. At first I didn't care for the looks of the C8 but its growing on me.

The naturally aspirated, flat plane crank, 640 hp engine makes me all warm and fuzzy!!!

So much truth to this.

There's something to be said about the drive. Actually there's everything to be said about it, if you ask me. You're right. It just ain't driving.

I'm not a fan of the paddle nonsense on the steering wheel either.

Oh yeah, not far from Corvette museum, maybe 65 mi. Then there is the motorsports track. Wooo hoooo! 3.12 mi think it is, many cool spots. I got 63-65 laps. 5 or 6 at a shot. Even just 5 laps, 16 mi, at that concentration and speed gives one a good idea what a long race would be like. We couldn't go full nuts, follow Mobil 1 pro drivers around. But on a straight? Try to catch or follow them.

Forum List

Back