My Collection

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
My collection so far. Been busy building flinters and have received others as gifts or bought REALLY cheap.
This doesn't include the three kits I still haven't finished, another shooting bag and a three banded southern powder horn that's on the way.
Historic Collection.jpg

Gun Rack Full.jpg

I've had repro flintlock pistols before, but never had much luck with them when the humidity gets high. Plus you have to be anal about the way the flint is trimmed and placed in the lock. I still have a can of FFFg stored in a box with the Pyrodex.

I've had repro flintlock pistols before, but never had much luck with them when the humidity gets high. Plus you have to be anal about the way the flint is trimmed and placed in the lock. I still have a can of FFFg stored in a box with the Pyrodex.
Yup, different sized locks require different sized flints, can't be too wide, too long or too short. Then you have different flints from different areas, the English flints are the best. Of course as the flint gets dull you then knap it to extend it's "life".

There are three others I'd love to add to my collection, an early Colonial fowler, an early English Doglock and an early European Matchlock. Then I can start working on my desired flintlock pistol collection........ :lol:
Now all I need is money......... Once I get a few more done I'll sell some that should pay for more...... :D

The one I'm working on now is a 1970s Hopkin & Allen Minuteman flintlock.
7121423cf86060f7838d85cf60d2c670--long-rifle-powder.jpg

Basically, looks wise it's a sow's ear and I'm turning it into a silk purse. There is WAYYYYYYY too much wood on the fore-stock (made that way) so I have a boatload to remove, maybe 30%. They're supposedly sweet shooters but really barrel heavy. I got it for a couple of hundred bucks.

My collection so far. Been busy building flinters and have received others as gifts or bought REALLY cheap.
This doesn't include the three kits I still haven't finished, another shooting bag and a three banded southern powder horn that's on the way.
View attachment 421969

View attachment 421971

Guns!!!

Clearly you are a Racist White Supremacist

:)

Last edited:
View attachment 421969

View attachment 421971

Guns!!!

Obviously...... Of course I do wonder what my Ojibwa grandfather would say to that....... :eusa_whistle:

View attachment 421969

View attachment 421971

Guns!!!

Obviously...... Of course I do wonder what my Ojibwa grandfather would say to that....... :eusa_whistle:

Blame Trump or Boooossssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

View attachment 421969

View attachment 421971

Guns!!!

Blame Trump or Boooossssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh?
Who? Never heard of em. :dunno:

View attachment 421969

View attachment 421971

Racist White Supremacist
I do hope you are teasing Ringel.

Of course.
Sorry.

Two new additions arrived today, the southern banded powder horn and a shooting bag with a Saint Lorraine Cross.
Banded Horn & Bag.jpg

Forum List

Back