‘My co-workers mock me for wearing a mask — is this workplace harassment?’

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
1660732254453.jpeg

I wear a mask in the office and my colleagues are always teasing me. They think it’s funny but it makes me very uncomfortable. I feel this has become a hostile work environment but my boss says to just lighten up — that no one is threatening me, making inappropriate advances or discriminating against me. What should I do?

If someone came to work dressed as a dog or a hooker are comments appropriate?

View attachment 683624
I wear a mask in the office and my colleagues are always teasing me. They think it’s funny but it makes me very uncomfortable. I feel this has become a hostile work environment but my boss says to just lighten up — that no one is threatening me, making inappropriate advances or discriminating against me. What should I do?

After two years of mocking and harassing people for not wearing masks, you ask this?

I don't want to misjudge you. Please post all the times you complained about that harassment of the maskless.

PS: if you were satirizing liberals with that post and I missed it, apologies.

Yes, on second reading I saw that. Fun fact: Past sixty, but before 7:00 AM, it turns out I'm not as sharp as I once was . . .

Your first post was not that far off though.

The same people that spent 2 years whining that wearing a mask should be a personal choice now mock people for making that personal choice.

Thus it the country we live in today

View attachment 683624

Why would anyone care if another person is wearing a mask? I have to think this person is exagerrating or they are working in a vocation populated by young people.

After two years of mocking and harassing people for not wearing masks, you ask this?

I don't want to misjudge you. Please post all the times you complained about that harassment of the maskless.

PS: if you were satirizing liberals with that post and I missed it, apologies.

Looks like this is from a workplace advice column in the NY post

Why would anyone care if another person is wearing a mask? I have to think this person is exagerrting or they are working in a vocation populated by young people.
Most mask wearers are self righteous demigods who think they are holier than thou. Someone probably was staring at the mask (which probably said ‘Fuck Trump’) and another coworker asked if they could take the mask off so they’d stop mumbling.

Why would anyone care if another person is wearing a mask? I have to think this person is exagerrating or they are working in a vocation populated by young people.

Maybe it is young people. Maybe those young people were told they had to wear a mask while playing basketball, or they had to wear masks while playing instruments and other absurdities. Maybe they were told they were trying to "kill grandma" and all the other stupid, mind-numbingly unscientific stuff that went around.

I'm not condoning it. But neither did I condone people being harassed when they weren't wearing masks two years ago.

View attachment 683624

Eventually he'll be killed by the science deniers who refuse to keep masking

He needs a booster

Which is extremely safe

The cause of death is not known, but his family said he was found in his US apartment

The same people that spent 2 years whining that wearing a mask should be a personal choice now mock people for making that personal choice.

Maskers didn't just vilify non-maskers, they demonized them. Called them murderers and said they should be out in concentration camps. I have zero sympathy for maskers who get picked on a little.

Mock them, yes. Calling for power of law/mandates to penalize them and or unemploy them, hell no!

Making fun of someone is in fact harassment,c which is punishable by law. Technically the worker being teased could put the workplace in chaos, as it should be. Although this is fake nonetheless normal people don't care one way or the other. Only an idiot would make fun of a mask or no mask. Ones personal needs come back at before workplace rules.

Call us when we can get Mask Cultists fired from their jobs or refused to enter a business.

View attachment 683624

frankly i don’t think anyone should be mocking someone if they feel comfortable wearing a mask to work.

We are still dealing with the xiden pandemic of variants were we have seen record numbers of people die. He has done nothing. If it makes the. feel better…go for it

frankly i don’t think anyone should be mocking someone if they feel comfortable wearing a mask to work.

We are still dealing with the xiden pandemic of variants were we have seen record numbers of people die. He has done nothing. If it makes the. feel better…go for it
What if your boss varied a security blanket around all day while sucking his thumb?

Call us when we can get Mask Cultists fired from their jobs or refused to enter a business.

A mask requirement to enter a business is no different than a "shirt and shoes" requirement or like one of the courses I sometimes go to which require collared shirt and a belt.

Forum List

Back