My birthplace in 1902

Nice video from 1902 (digitally remastered). It shows Elberfeld in Wuppertal, West Germany.

My birthplace and hometown (Cherokee, Iowa) was a railroad town. This photo is circa 1903, I believe.

1598030450949.png

Nice film, I was there two years ago and went on the train depicted. Recognised some of the buildings which obviously are still there. Sadly the place is a bit overrun by drunken Americans on stag parties, molesting the local girls. Bloody migrants.
Last time I was there the place was crowded by Turks. I sat in McDonalds at a window and not a single German passed by.

Nice film, I was there two years ago and went on the train depicted. Recognised some of the buildings which obviously are still there. Sadly the place is a bit overrun by drunken Americans on stag parties, molesting the local girls. Bloody migrants.
Last time I was there the place was crowded by Turks. I sat in McDonalds at a window and not a single German passed by.
Two years ago there weren't many Turks in Wuppertal, or any other Muslims. I mainly saw Germans and bizarrely, Americans. To be fair, I was only there for a few days, before I left to drive down the Rhine valley to Bacharach. Happy days.

Two years ago there weren't many Turks in Wuppertal, or any other Muslims. I mainly saw Germans and bizarrely, Americans. To be fair, I was only there for a few days, before I left to drive down the Rhine valley to Bacharach. Happy days.
I guess it depends on where you are in the city.

Forum List

Back