Mutiny! Navy secretary backs SEAL's expulsion review

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Rebellion in the ranks? Looks like another job opening soon!

Exclusive: U.S. Navy secretary backs SEAL's expulsion review, despite Trump objection

Here's the thing--The President is the Commander-in-chief--and he can do what he wants..but the opinion of your peers is important in the SEALS..and a slap in the face by a review board..no matter Trump's actions after--would be a slap in the face to both Gallagher...and Trump.

"U.S. Navy Secretary Richard Spencer said on Friday a Navy SEAL convicted of battlefield misconduct should face a board of peers weighing whether to oust him from the elite force, despite President Donald Trump's assertion that he not be expelled.
"I believe the process matters for good order and discipline," Spencer told Reuters, weighing in on a confrontation between Trump and senior Navy officials over the outcome of a high-profile war-crimes case.
A military jury in July convicted Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher of illegally posing for pictures with the corpse of an Islamic State fighter but acquitted him of murder in the detainee's death. Gallagher also was cleared of charges that he deliberately fired on unarmed civilians.
Although spared a prison sentence, he was demoted in rank and pay grade for his conviction, which stemmed from a 2017 deployment in Iraq.
Last Friday, Trump intervened in the case, ordering the Navy to restore Gallagher's rank and pay and clearing the way for him to retire on a full pension.
But Navy brass notified Gallagher, 40, on Tuesday that a five-member panel of fellow Navy commandos would convene on Dec. 2 to review his case and recommend whether he is fit to remain in the SEALs.
A decision as to whether Gallagher is ejected from the SEALs, stripping him of his special warfare Trident Pin, ultimately rests with the Navy's personnel command in Washington. Gallagher would retain his rank but be assigned to other duty, though his lawyer has said he will be eligible to retire soon.
On Thursday, Trump lashed out at the proceedings, declaring on Twitter: "The Navy will NOT be taking away Warfighter and Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher's Trident Pin. This case was handled very badly from the beginning. Get back to business!""

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Obama did a lot of damage to this country in many ways. Purging the upper leadership of the military of the men with balls and replacing them with pussies, queers, affirmative action shitheads, transsexuals and Libtards is one of the worst things.

Thanks goodness Trump has the courage to do the right thing.

Just an informational note..the SecNavy is a civilian and is not in the military chain of command.
The officers involved are definitely active duty, and the SecNavy (while NOT active duty) can be fired...

But tell the SecNavy not to worry... According to Vindman, Ukraine is hiring!!!

Just an informational note..the SecNavy is a civilian and is not in the military chain of command.
The officers involved are definitely active duty, and the SecNavy (while NOT active duty) can be fired...

Here's the thing...there's a reason for peer review--only those who have been there..at the pointy end..are competent to judge---and if they have issues..not that I'm saying they do--it means something. Not in law..or to Gallagher's pension...but to his rep--if a President who has never served...must continue to ride to his rescue...even in the face of his peer's disapproval--well--that says a lot.

You see, your opinion..my opinion--even the President's opinion..means little to those who serve...but the opinion of their brothers and sisters-in arms--means quite a bit. IMO.

there is the chain of command--NOT the military chain of command
I think he is:
...the POTUS is not in the military [ a civilian ] --but he's definitely the top man who gives the orders
I was in the USMC --we had to know the chain of command

maintaining a civilian status
Navy Chain Of Command
Learn About the Navy Chain of Command and How It's Organized
Commander-in-chief - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Here's the thing...there's a reason for peer review--only those who have been there..at the pointy end..are competent to judge---and if they have issues..not that I'm saying they do--it means something. Not in law..or to Gallagher's pension...but to his rep--if a President who has never served...must continue to ride to his rescue...even in the face of his peer's disapproval--well--that says a lot.

You see, your opinion..my opinion--even the President's opinion..means little to those who serve...but the opinion of their brothers and sisters-in arms--means quite a bit. IMO.
So thanks for saying your opinion doesn't matter...

As a vet, I can respect that...

I think he is:
Navy Chain Of Command
Well, fair enough--I meant serving military..rather than the political elements. The President is commander in chief..but the Vice President..in NOT the vice commander in chief..now is he? LOL! More of a CiC in waiting...but you are correct--even if some of the political elements are more honorary...everyone kisses the SecNav's ass--and he rates a salute...but whether his orders would be lawful--when given to the Captain of a ship in wartime..during combat--would be a legal sinkhole.

LOL..fuck off dipshit! I spent 6 years in the Navy...so kiss my ass. I do recall saying YOUR opinion means little as well..and now..even less than that.

I think he is:
Navy Chain Of Command
Well, fair enough--I meant serving military..rather than the political elements. The President is commander in chief..but the Vice President..in NOT the vice commander in chief..now is he? LOL! More of a CiC in waiting...but you are correct--even if some of the political elements are more honorary...everyone kisses the SecNav's ass--and he rates a salute...but whether his orders would be lawful--when given to the Captain of a ship in wartime..during combat--would be a legal sinkhole.
the VP is in the chain of command

I think he is:
Navy Chain Of Command
...not ''vice'' = they are called ''deputy commanders''/chief of staff/second in command/etc

I think he is:
Navy Chain Of Command
***yawn*** stuck on this are you? It's not as cut and dried as you might think...but no matter. I was speaking of serving officers--of which he is not...

Any comment on the OP? Just curious...I know I'll be sorry I asked...LOL!

I think he is:
Navy Chain Of Command

Only people in the Navy (Marines) understand this.
After all we are talking about people who wear their headgear indoors and salute without wearing headgear.

LOL..fuck off dipshit! I spent 6 years in the Navy...so kiss my ass. I do recall saying YOUR opinion means little as well..and now..even less than that.
So you spent 6 years in the Navy, and don't understand the chain of command???

The CinC gives the orders, and the SecNavy (and the commanders) carry them out...

If they refuse, they do it at their own peril (according to the UCMJ, for service members)...

I think he is:
Navy Chain Of Command
***yawn*** stuck on this are you? It's not as cut and dried as you might think...but no matter. I was speaking of serving officers--of which he is not...

Any comment on the OP? Just curious...I know I'll be sorry I asked...LOL!
your post:
..you can't admit you are wrong...yes, it is cut and dried ..you were talking about the CHAIN OF COMMAND

I think he is:
Navy Chain Of Command
...not ''vice'' = they are called ''deputy commanders''/chief of staff/second in command/etc
Now you're off the deep end..never served eh? The Vice-President is addressed as Mr. Vice-President--and he gives no orders..unless the President is dead or unavailable..in which case is is acting CiC.

Forum List

Back