Must-see TV

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
What do you watch all season and miss when it's gone?

October of last year until May of this year saw me writing TV show synopses for a living. Good news was, it helped pay the bills. Bad news was, I got addicted to more than a few of the shows I was writing up.

I'm going to do a top 3, in no particular order. You can list as many or as few as you like but it'd be swell if you didn't drop by just to insult me.

1. Shameless (US, SHO) AMAZING show. I'll stick a clip at the end, just to show you how amazing.
2. Game of Thrones (HBO) I gave up recapping for my actual job, so right now I'm catching up (since we can now afford cable. Thanks, new job!)
3. Mad Men (AMC) But I am currently mad at them for hoovering up the entire AMC budget, thereby costing Breaking Bad and Walking Dead some much-needed revenue.

This year, I add Castle. I'm surrounded by Nathan Filllon lovers, so I figure it's time. And I'm sort of asking what y'all like so I might add some new shows (especially as it's a long wait for the above three).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykUTh9cVuJs]Shameless US | Fiona's Speech to Monica - YouTube[/ame]

narrow it to 3?

hmmm

i love hells kitchen, most cooking shows

i am big on broadwalk empire....

dexter and true blood are losing their edge

never misssed game of thrones

never seen mad men

now trash tv....i love jerseylicious

but dont have style.....i do get it now on bravo

classic movies...are my love...and i am not talking jaws....lol

i try to watch a couple a day...today.....all through the night...bogart, lorre

• Banned
narrow it to 3?

hmmm

i love hells kitchen, most cooking shows

i am big on broadwalk empire....

dexter and true blood are losing their edge

never misssed game of thrones

never seen mad men

now trash tv....i love jerseylicious

but dont have style.....i do get it now on bravo

classic movies...are my love...and i am not talking jaws....lol

i try to watch a couple a day...today.....all through the night...bogart, lorre

Boardwalk Empire is AMAZING. Steve Buscemi deserves awards. That's another one I gave up because I didn't have enough time. It's a very dense show, one hour episode took the better part of two hours to recap, but I only got paid $8/show, so I gave it up.

I have always been a Dr. Who fan.
I started watching in in the 70's when it came on pbs.
And watch it now on America BBC.

The minute I have anything on a 'must see tv' list, I know I'm a lost cause. Quite often, other than the news, I go though a whole week without watching jack shit.

We finally just cancelled out TV about 3 weeks ago...screw it.
I was paying over $100 a month for 400 channels, of which, we watched about 5.
When I learned that I couldn't get cable news channels without paying at least $70 after the initial plan - I went looking for online options.
I found more choices than EVER - and it great quality. Practically all of them free.

We are watching "Game of Thrones" episodes right now. Takes about 8 minutes to download a 480p version.
I get Foxnews/CNN streaming HD for nothing.

Screw the providers. I stopped being willing to pay for several hundred crap stations for the handful that I want.

Forum List

Back