Must-pass defense policy legislation hit a fresh snag as GOP blocked the bill, with no clear path to resolving a partisan dispute over amendments

So, the way I understand it, the hold up is not about what is in it, but what riders for sanction should be added to it, so the riders have become a poison pill, just to keep it from being passed. Typical :spank:

In case any of the partisans around here on either side, actually give a damn what's actually in it, here is a link to it. It's about 40 pages if reading scares anybody.
It does everything from set troop levels to oay for maintenance on the nuclear stockpile.

You know what it doesn't do?

Set sanctions.

Its not even clear what you are so angry about

Do you love the bill so much just, exactly as it sits that cant even discuss it without hurling insults?

I am not angry at all, what ever gave you that idea?

So calling people morons is just your usual manner of speech?

Pretty much. I call it like I see it. Not really one to mince words.

Plus you didnt answer my question

Is the bill that perfect to you?

No bill is every prefect. Sanctions for a pipeline do not belong in the NDAA. As has been pointed out the NDAA has been used by the duopoly for far too long to include things that have nothing to do with National Defense.

Then you must be pretty sure of yourself as the infallible and all-knowing Tweener

Lucky you, huh?

No, not infallible, all-knowing or a tweener....just someone with a strong opinion.

No bill is every prefect. Sanctions for a pipeline do not belong in the NDAA. As has been pointed out the NDAA has been used by the duopoly for far too long to include things that have nothing to do with National Defense.
Its how the sausage is made in the swamp

Washington will never meet your impossible standards

But there are more than 20 amendments having nothing to do with the pipeline that schumer does not want to have a vote on

He has cleverly fooled you by waiting till the last possible minute so that you will demand action NOW!

And call anyone that does not agree with you a moron

And call anyone that does not agree with you a moron

Not at all. A lot of people disagree with me and are quite intelligent.

I only call morons a moron. You know like the people that thinks the US has the right to tell other countries how to run their country

I only call morons a moron. You know like the people that thinks the US has the right to tell other countries how to run their country
You do know that the pipeline is not universally supported by the Euro’s?

Or do you?

My guess is you spent about 3 minutes studying the bill and the issues surrounding the pipeline

And that's not nearly enough time to be so sure of yourself as to be calling people names

So, the way I understand it, the hold up is not about what is in it, but what riders for sanction should be added to it, so the riders have become a poison pill, just to keep it from being passed. Typical :spank:

In case any of the partisans around here on either side, actually give a damn what's actually in it, here is a link to it. It's about 40 pages if reading scares anybody.
I'm not a Trumpie, so links which are longer than a tweet don't bother me. :D

There is nothing about the amendments in that link. I'll see if I can find something.

But here's an interesting line item in the Executive Summary which should stir some shit:

Requires defense contractors to publicly disclose employee training materials for review and identification of Critical Race Theory or similar theoretical instruction.

You do know that the pipeline is not universally supported by the Euro’s?

Or do you?

I do not care who supports it. The countries that it is going between support it, that is all that matters. What right do we have to tell a different country where they can and cannot by their NG?

Would you be ok with a different country trying to do that to us?

And it is not just this one pipeline, we do this same shit all the time.

My guess is you spent about 3 minutes studying the bill and the issues surrounding the pipeline

And you would be wrong as normal. I know all about the pipe line.

Requires defense contractors to publicly disclose employee training materials for review and identification of Critical Race Theory or similar theoretical instruction.
That is interesting

What does that have to do with equipping the troops for combat?

Would you be ok with a different country trying to do that to us?
I think they would if they could

If the germans dont have enough energy why dont they just build more of those magical windmills that we hear so much about?

To me it makes sense to limit russian influence in the region

This link contains all the amendments submitted for FY22 NDAA: H.R. 4350–National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022

Some interesting bits:

Burgess (TX), Posey (FL), Rice, Tom (SC), Hice (GA), Boebert, Lauren (CO), Balderson (OH), Davidson (OH), Van Duyne (TX) - Republican
Requires the Commission on Afghanistan to include in its report all advice or counsel provided to the President by DoD personnel or other relevant Administration advisors on the withdrawal of Armed Forces from Afghanistan.

Greene (GA), Biggs (AZ), Good (VA), Rosendale (MT), Miller, Mary (IL), Harshbarger (TN), Mooney (WV), Babin (TX) - Republican
Strikes sections (b), (d), and (g) of Section 513, language redefining the purpose of the selective service and expanding the draft to women. Keeps remaining sections of 513 on solemnity of military service, maintaining the health of the selective service system, and due process rights.

Payne, Jr. (NJ), Brown (MD) - Democrat
Prevents any veteran convicted of a felony related to the January 6 insurrection from receiving veteran funerary honors.

Roy (TX), Posey (FL), Boebert, Lauren (CO), Davidson (OH), Grothman (WI) - Republican
Prohibits federal funds from being used to require a member of the Armed Forces to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.

Roy (TX), Posey (FL), Van Duyne (TX) - Republican
Prohibits the purchase of public or private real estate located in the United States by members of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

Roy (TX), Boebert, Lauren (CO), Van Duyne (TX), Grothman (WI), Steube (FL) - Republican
Prohibits federal funds from being used to establish the position of Chief Diversity Officers or Senior Advisors for Diversity and Inclusion.

There are 860 damned amendments submitted. The ones I quoted above were in the first 60. Then I jumped to the amendment (number 631) which is the subject of this thread:

McCaul (TX), Kaptur (OH), Kinzinger (IL), Gallego (AZ), Wilson, Joe (SC), Quigley (IL), Fitzpatrick (PA), Levin, Andy (MI), Turner (OH), Cohen (TN), Pfluger (TX), Jackson Lee (TX), Meijer (MI), Harris (MD), McKinley (WV), Costa (CA), Van Duyne (TX) - Republican
Authorizes new mandatory sanctions on foreign entities and individuals responsible for the planning, construction, and operation of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline. Repeals the national interest waiver for sanctions required by existing law related to the pipeline project.

1. Xiden approved the Nord Stream 2 pipeline so Putin could sell gas to Germany.
2. That gave Putin a ton of cash to modernize his military, much of which is sitting on the Ukraine's border.
3. That's what this has to do with our military. Do you want to face a more powerful Russian military, or a less powerful Russian military?

Putin got a boatload of cash when Trump brokered a deal with OPEC+ to cut oil production and raise oil prices. Russia is a member of OPEC+. Nord Stream was mostly done while Trump was in office.

As usual you place the blame for Trump's failures on Biden.

Putin got a boatload of cash when Trump brokered a deal with OPEC+ to cut oil production and raise oil prices. Russia is a member of OPEC+. Nord Stream was mostly done while Trump was in office.

As usual you place the blame for Trump's failures on Biden.
Link please proving your 1st sentence. Sounds like a lie or TDS to me. Xiden is one disaster after another. He is always wrong. 2022 can't come fast enough.

I'm not a Trumpie, so links which are longer than a tweet don't bother me. :D

There is nothing about the amendments in that link. I'll see if I can find something.

But here's an interesting line item in the Executive Summary which should stir some shit:

Yes, I'm not a critical race training fan either.

Forum List

Back