must juan pablo be destroyed? gay comments

No. He did exactly what he was supposed to do and so did the network. Heck, he didn't even need to apologize if the network put out a statement that his views are not those of the network. Done deal. A&E could learn from this.

Double standard. If he had said the opposite, it would have been okay because he's allowed to have an opinion.

He later said "Everyone knows English is my second language and my vocabulary is not as broad as it is in Spanish and, because of this, sometimes I use the wrong words to express myself."

Double standard. If he had said the opposite, it would have been okay because he's allowed to have an opinion.

He later said "Everyone knows English is my second language and my vocabulary is not as broad as it is in Spanish and, because of this, sometimes I use the wrong words to express myself."

What's the double standard?

I don't care what people say on tv or in other media. More concerned what people say standing right in front of me. On tv I assume they're either acting, or doing it for effect. In this instance though, blaming inadequate language is utter nonsense. Flubbing a word or phrase is one thing, but expressing a full thought and rationale is a deliberate act.

Last edited:

What's the double standard?

"If he had said the opposite, it would have been okay because he's allowed to have an opinion."

If someone says gays are "nasty," that person must be a nut and deserves to be made fun of.

If someone says gays are "great," that person is stating an opinion and should be left alone.

People have different opinions on just about everything. It might be based on total ignorance, but it's still an opinion.

In this case I think the "I misspoke" defense is okay.

After all, as an Hispanic Juan P has both diversity and inclusion cred working in his favor, so that should make him just a partial homophobe at best.

In this case I think the "I misspoke" defense is okay.

After all, as an Hispanic Juan P has both diversity and inclusion cred working in his favor, so that should make him just a partial homophobe at best.

"no habla ingles" works most of the time. However, Im sure he knew what he was saying. Now, if he was from the south and had a beard it would be another story.

Forum List

Back