Muslims Integrating Well in America

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
14:28 - THINGS AMERICANS TALK ABOUT I:

Yes, there was a lot of focus on the presidential candidates in the US, but most of the time, the things they talked about were much more interesting. Here is one of them:

A Pew survey, "Muslim Americans: Middle Class and Mostly Mainstream", showed that America´s 2.4 million Muslims integrate better and hold more moderate views than Muslims in Europe. The majority is very concerned about Islamic extremism, compared to around a third in France, Germany and Spain. 5% have a favourabel view of al-Qaeda (too many of course, but 5% of any population is always nuts, nazi or Stalinist).

They like the US, say that they want to adopt American customs, and see no conflict between faith and modern society. 71% say that Americans can get ahead through hard work, which is a higher proportion than among Americans in general - probably because they have done it themselves. The number on low incomes is just 2% higher than the average, compared to around 20% in Europe.

Only 47% consider themselves Muslim first and American second (even though most of them were born elsewhere). Does that sound like a lot? Then please note that 62% of white evangelicals say that they are Christian first and American second.

Link

The research

Lets see.... Islam teaches that religion and Government should be controlled by the religious leaders..... Christians are taught that religion and Government are separate, in fact some sections of the Christian faith want nothing to do with man's government.

Islam teaches murder and war, teaches Jihad against anything the local Iman finds offensive..... Christians are taught "turn the other cheek"

Islam teaches that all must be followers and any that are not must be killed, used and then killed or FORCED to convert.... Christians seek to convert, but only with words.

Man I can see why those statistics you provided are simply shocking.......

Lets see.... Islam teaches that religion and Government should be controlled by the religious leaders..... Christians are taught

Christianity - or the people who have acted in the name of Jesus - have a long history of violence.

This study shouldn't shock anyone who know many Muslims. People are people. The fact that the American experiment is working so well is a testament to this.

Christianity - or the people who have acted in the name of Jesus - have a long history of violence.

This study shouldn't shock anyone who know many Muslims. People are people. The fact that the American experiment is working so well is a testament to this.

I guess you missed the memo around 500 years ago?

Lets see.... Islam teaches that religion and Government should be controlled by the religious leaders..... Christians are taught that religion and Government are separate, in fact some sections of the Christian faith want nothing to do with man's government.

Islam teaches murder and war, teaches Jihad against anything the local Iman finds offensive..... Christians are taught "turn the other cheek"

Islam teaches that all must be followers and any that are not must be killed, used and then killed or FORCED to convert.... Christians seek to convert, but only with words.

Man I can see why those statistics you provided are simply shocking.......

Gunny I can dig your post and I agree across the board. One area that may be miss used possibly is this word Jihad, this really means inner turmoil and we all face this type of thing no matter our religious views. Now the jihad used by these outta control nut jobs is correct by your post and that I'd agree with it. We as a nation had better wake the fuck up and understand under no circumstances will these "peace loving people" sit back and really join our life style, maybe a few but more of them will be into turning us into another muslim colony and these are truths.

Forum List

Back