Muslim immigrants

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Should we be letting thousands of Iraqi and other Muslim immigrants into our country? The Bush administration is going greatly expand the number of Iraqi immigrants with plans to let in about 7,000 Iraqi refugees. Could this just be asking for more trouble? Shouldn't we limit the number of Muslim immigrants to our country?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ay_be_allowed_into_US/articleshow/1625416.cms

From an Australian report:
LIFE can become untenable when the Muslim population of a non-Muslim country reaches about 10 per cent, as shown by France, a Jewish expert on Islam says.
The Australian Jewish News yesterday quoted Raphael Israeli as saying Australia should cap Muslim immigration or risk being swamped by Indonesians.
Professor Israeli told the Herald that was a misunderstanding. But he said: "When the Muslim population gets to a critical mass you have problems. That is a general rule, so if it applies everywhere it applies in Australia."
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...ustralia-warned/2007/02/15/1171405374552.html

Australia is also telling their immigrants to blend in. It's a refreshing approach I think America should follow:
The change in rhetoric is quite profound. This week Howard laid out the new deal for intending settlers, telling them that the path was 'you come to this country, you embrace its customs, its values, its language, you become a citizen'.

Multiculturalism, the doctrine that immigrants be encouraged to retain their culture, language and religion, is officially an orphan. Prime Minister John Howard now has a department of immigration and citizenship, formerly the department of immigration and multicultural affairs.

The opposition Labor Party has also shifted ground. What the main rivals at a general election later this year have to say on the integration is now virtually identical.

'People are understandably going to retain a place in their heart for their home culture and we don't discourage that in any way,' Howard said when announcing the ministry name change. 'But the premium must be upon...the integration of people into the Australian family.'

http://www.rxpgnews.com/australia-nz/Australia-tell-immigrants-to-blend-in_13848.shtml

Wheww..(breath)..That's a tricky question.

One thing..is our imigration laws could be alot more strict.It's amazing how many of 1000's come in each day already as it is...illegal...Mexico..and other Central American Countries.

It's so plain to see that our goverment officials don't seem to say anything about it..or do anything about it..Maybe it's because that's how really touchy this subject is to some.

The Mexican version is way different(more seeking work..a future)..than a religous version..This is a simple question you asked..but it runs so deep.

A majority over the last 2 decades have been many seeking entry due to religious persecution...that was an easy way in....

These Iraqi's may fit in that category whether fleeing Sunni's..or Shiit hostilties.

I read an article today..that a group of young Iraqi's were turned back in Turkey..at the airport seeking safety in Sweeden.They certainly were not going there to cause trouble..but hope for a new life.

I know how I feel..and got an idea how most Americans feel..One thing is fear..Not actualy scared...but being careful..Better to keep 10 out..than have a bad apple get in.

The day America prohibited/restricted Muslims from gaining citizenship...would be a pretty scary day.It would show how ugly the world has goton...It would reflect maybe some..or alot of the true feelings in this country..I don't know the answer to that.

If that day did come...I can just imagine now how terrible things would be that lead up to that.

What's sad is it's a radical type thinking Muslim that will talk one into suicide..for the glory etc...

The Christian religion was once capable of that..and could easily be again..We go back a long ways with the the boys in the Middle East..From the crusades...to when the sun never set on the Brittish Empire..etc....Oil..Israel...to the days when we ran the show in Iran.

If this is how most Americans experiences were with that happening over here....We'd have alot more Preacher Pauls being radical.

I think your average non-Muslim European..or Australian..or even a guy from the U.K. feels pretty much the same about Bush...as Mohamad Datwi in a small village in southern Iran would be..(smile)...and maybe possible Mohamad would be more curtious here than the Dundee guy from Australia.

The most sad thing is...we all reason & think things through...but if we had another terrorist attck tomorow...This reasoning I said...would go in one ear..and out the other.Including myself...I'm human..and my blood gets hot too.

It would be out of fear we prohibited/limited Muslims...not hatred.

After 911 I would of gave a thumbs up....but when I think deep on it..as I am now..I try to talk myself out of thinking it would ever be a good idea to do that...It would be.....well like no sunshine ever again..Just gray skies.

I do know how we all feel...I also wish I'd see more Muslim Leaders talk on peace..and this suicide attack type nonsense.I think we have a somewhat of a population of Muslims here in the U.S. already...We have not had alot of problems that I'm aware of....

We can't let ourselves be the worst enemy to us...not let our weaknesses rule over our reasoning.

There could be worse countries we'd want 7000 refugees from.The whole thing to this...shows how his.."Operation Iraqi Freedom" is going/went...Maybe other countries are thinking we should of taken 70,000...maybe 700,000.

Other countries are paying up the arse for our big mishap in Iraq...Is that fair to them?...How many refuges fled to Syria?..Iran?..Turkey?

We are very fortunate we don't border Iraq...we'd have well over a million on our doorstep....Do we have a responsibility to these people?...In a way we do...and the rest of the world wants nothing to do with this mess...

We're lucky these countries that are taking the brunt of all these refugees...don't send us the bill.

These 7000 people are more than likely a marketing stunt for the Bush Administration....There will be balloons..and Teddy Bears waiting for them at the airports...while 1000's are turned away from other borders each day...spending every dime to get there.

If all we can help..is 7000 Iraqi's...we better do it...Cause we certainly are not accomplishing that over there even with 700.

Good post!!....and gives us all alot of soup for thought...(smile)

Creek, off topic. I've been reading real quick, so I do miss alot. Are you 'Creek' as in Native American Tribe? Or are you in Australia, dealing with water shortages? I'm so confused...

I have long hair now..(smile)...It use to be short...So my avatar does give one the impression...along with my handle that I may be Native American..(giggled)...(smile).

No...not Native American..My heritage is from Denmark..So that explains the long hair..:)

No I'm not in Australia...there immigration is to strict...hahahaha..:)

I live in a cabin...in the middle of the woods that's close to the B.W.C.A by the Canadian Border...and not feeling the effects here from Australia...not yet anyways...I did feel this last cold snap though... down to my privates.That's how cold it was..(smile)

I watch water levels like a hawk..Being I loved gardening at one time...and also all the lakes we have here(water levels)...Then am old enough to remember the rains we use to have....I've read alot on what Australia is going through...I'd be so bumbed to that degree....

Hope this cleared things up...:)

I have long hair now..(smile)...It use to be short...So my avatar does give one the impression...along with my handle that I may be Native American..(giggled)...(smile).

No...not Native American..My heritage is from Denmark..So that explains the long hair..:)

No I'm not in Australia...there immigration is to strict...hahahaha..:)

I live in a cabin...in the middle of the woods that's close to the B.W.C.A by the Canadian Border...and not feeling the effects here from Australia...not yet anyways...I did feel this last cold snap though... down to my privates.That's how cold it was..(smile)

I watch water levels like a hawk..Being I loved gardening at one time...and also all the lakes we have here(water levels)...Then am old enough to remember the rains we use to have....I've read alot on what Australia is going through...I'd be so bumbed to that degree....

Hope this cleared things up...:)

Well, yeah it did, of course I was wrong on all counts. But I'm used to that! LOL!

We have a moral responsibility to rescue the Iraqis who are or will be marked for death by death squads and terror groups for their assistance to the US. Folks like George Packer put the number at around 10-15 thousand.

Our Muslim immigrants are by and large exceptional citizens. I am certain Iraqis will also be.

The problem with 7000 Muslims is that within 20 years they will be 70,000 Muslims because the Muslims breed out of control. It's their policy to do so. I visit Sri Lanka regularly and each time I go there I see more Muslims and more of them dressed in burkhas. I went to check into my hotel and there was one dude with four broads and 20 prayer rugrats behind him. It was disgusting. People don't stop to consider breeding when they let individuals into a country.

This is the problem with political correctness, it's warped when it's applied extremely.

Legal immigrants are fine, but there are "special" problems that come with Muslims that practice Islam:

Sudden Jihad Syndrome
By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Friday, February 16, 2007 4:20 PM PST

Terror: It looks like the Muslim teen who opened fire on shoppers in a Salt Lake City mall is yet another case of "sudden jihad syndrome," a condition in which normal-appearing American Muslims abruptly turn violent.

Taken together, this and other cases add up to an invisible jihad inside America. But don't tell that to the FBI. The politically correct bureau does everything it can to avoid recognizing the obvious Islamic factor in these heinous crimes.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=256521423294106

If you squint your eyes enough, you can blur your vision and set off the curb and get run over by a bus. Just saying.

This is the problem with political correctness, it's warped when it's applied extremely.

Legal immigrants are fine, but there are "special" problems that come with Muslims that practice Islam:

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=256521423294106

If you squint your eyes enough, you can blur your vision and set off the curb and get run over by a bus. Just saying.

WHY don't "you people" turn up your listening ears?

UnAmericanYou has NAILED this thing.

Why is it, that WE have to recognize the "special" problems?

I want to see some others recognize what WE have been going through.

This world has turned, and the "worm" is in its feasting cycle.:(

Is it right to allow immigration of one group of people who pose a distinct threat to another group?

Jews jeopardized by Muslim immigration
Posted: February 16, 2007

Following Sept. 11, immigration from Muslim countries tapered off, but, as the New York Times enthused, it has rebounded with a vengeance: "In 2005, more people from Muslim countries became legal permanent United States residents … than in any year in the previous two decades." Although Bush is unlikely to allow millions of displaced Iraqis the prerogatives he bestows on illegal Mexicans, the reality is that he is responsible for rendering a Muslim country uninhabitable. This makes it harder for the U.S. to reject Iraqi immigrants and asylum seekers. Starting this year, up to 20,000 Iraqis will be granted asylum in the U.S. They will join close to 100,000 "Muslim from countries in the Middle East, North Africa and Asia," who arrived in 2005.

Immigration (and the war in Iraq) ought to be the most crucial question in the 2008 election. It is the issue that will ultimately decide whether American values and institutions endure. Unfortunately, it's a debate American Jews can put off no longer, although it's too late for their European, British and Canadian brethren. To speak plainly: A gathering danger threatens the Jews of America – to whom George Washington promised peace and goodwill in a 1790 address to a synagogue congregation in Newport, R.I.

American Jewry has "lived up to the standard asked of them by Washington," observed philosopher David Conway in his inquiry into the "Place of Nations in Classical Liberalism." But "The stock of Abraham," which has flourished in the New World – producing uniquely entrepreneurial, creative and philanthropic citizens – is now threatened by what it perversely promotes: mass immigration. And in particular, immigration from Muslim countries, where anti-Semitism and extremism are imbibed with mother's milk.

Before 1965, immigration to the U.S. occurred in manageable ebbs and flows, ensuring the new arrivals were thoroughly assimilated and integrated. Multiculturalism was unheard of. In 1965, without voter approval, the U.S. Congress replaced the national-origin immigration criterion, which ensured newcomers reinforced the historical majority, with a multicultural, egalitarian quota system, which divided visas between nations with an emphasis on mass importation of people from the Third World. The new influx was no longer expected to acculturate to liberal democratic Judeo-Christian values. With family reunification superseding economic or cultural requirements, every qualified immigrant would henceforth hold an entry ticket for his entire tribe.

Stephen Steinlight of the Center for Immigration Studies – in "High Noon to Midnight: Does Current Immigration Policy Doom American Jewry?" – courageously (for it runs counter to the views of most of his fellow American Jews) highlights the bizarre situation where entire villages from rural Mexico and the West Bank in Israel have U.S. citizenship. How so? One member qualifies and then imports the entire town. In addition to having huge extended families, Muslims and Mexicans share an anti-Americanism, a tendency to crab about historical grievance and cling to a militant distinctiveness, and a predilection for aggressive identity politics (which the New York Times finds "strikingly positive"). Second only to Latinos, the relatively new (roughly 30-year-old) Muslim community is the most anti-Semitic community in the U.S., its members harboring the greatest propensity to act on their hatred.

Although Jews don't benefit in the least from open-door immigration, having long since settled in the U.S., Israel, and other First World countries, the liberal Jewish community has continued to generously support this policy.

In Canada, Muslims now greatly outnumber Jews. In Europe, what remains of a Jewry devastated by the Holocaust comes under daily assaults and threats, mostly from the 20-million-strong Muslim community. American Jewry is next. Although taqiyya-talking Muslim organizations (almost all radical) inflate the numbers, there are still only, approximately, 2 to 3 million Muslims in America to 5.3 million Jews. But mass immigration is rapidly changing that.

Allusions to the rise of a "new anti-Semitism" are misleading, because the violent assaults on Jews and their property in Europe, England and Canada are nourished by an old hatred rooted in the Quran and in anti-infidel Islamic laws. Remember, Muslims invented the yellow rag with which the Nazis tagged Jews. The ghetto, "mellah" in Arabic, was a Muslim-devised gated community for the Jews of the Maghrib back in the 15th century. Not for naught did Maimonides, the 12th century Jewish philosopher and physician, write about the Arabs, "Never did a nation molest, degrade, debase and hate us as much as they."

As Steinlight points out, "It is virtually impossible to be reared in classical Islam and not be educated to hate Jews – based on a literalist reading of the Quran, where many of the Suras concerning Jews are monstrously hateful, murderous, [and] terrifying. … These texts also regard Jews as a spiritually fraudulent entity – all the prophets and great figures of the Hebrew Bible, according to Islamic teaching, were Muslims, not Jews. … With the exception of a tiny group of courageous American Muslims … who have spoken out and condemned … anti-Semitism, the 'Muslim Street' in the U.S. has yet to show its disapproval of this philosophical and political agenda."

Ted Kennedy, the architect of the lemming's lunacy that is American immigration policy, has hammered the administration for its apathy: "We can no longer ignore the plight of millions of [Iraqi] people. … America must respond." And so should American Jews! So far, however, the exponential growth of the Muslim community through immigration has failed to rally Jewish leaders. Listening to Abe Foxman, you would think that the chief dangers to Jewish continuity are marauding Mormons (who convert dead Jews) or Mel Gibson.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54278

Forum List

Back