Musicians Who Were Famously Fired From the Band

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting read about fired rock stars for whoever is interested.

You're in Good Company, Scott Weiland: Musicians Who Were Famously Fired From the Band

Earlier this week, rock group Stone Temple Pilots released a press release which read, "Stone Temple Pilots have announced they have officially terminated Scott Weiland."

But Weiland, a founding member and longtime lead singer of the band, doesn't quite understand how this turn of events came about. Speaking with Rolling Stone on Tuesday, one day before STP announced his termination, Weiland claimed that all was well between him and his bandmates. "No one has been fired and I haven't quit. That's all hearsay," said the rocker.

Although, after seeing the press release on Wednesday, Weiland seems to have changed his opinion. "I learned of my supposed 'termination' from Stone Temple Pilots this morning by reading about it in the press," Weiland said in a statement to Rolling Stone. "Not sure how I can be 'terminated' from a band that I founded, fronted and co-wrote many of its biggest hits, but that’s something for the lawyers to figure out."

We're not sure how that works either, but one thing is clear: The rest of the band doesn't want to play with Weiland anymore. So while the lawyer sort things out, we figured we'd take a look at other musicians who were unceremoniously booted from their groups.

Read more: You're in Good Company, Scott Weiland: Musicians Who Were Famously Fired From the Band | Fox News Magazine

Practicing Addicts in all walks of life will never understand why people don't like them and don't wanna' work with them until after they've cleaned up and sobered up.

Is he really in good company with someone who was found drowned in a swimming pool after being fired from the Rolling Stones?

Jeebus.

Before John Rich became one half of the country duo named Big & Rich, he was the bass player for the country band named Lone Star. :) :) :)

God bless you and Lone Star and Big & Rich always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Danny Whitten of Crazy Horse is another one. He was so messed up at a rehearsal that Neil Young gave him $50 and a plane ticket back to L.A. Later that night Young got a call that Whitten had died of an overdose of Valium and alcohol. The incident messed with Young's mind for years.

Ok. I was never into his music, but the gentleman from Smashing Pumpkins just out and out fired one of his band members because he wouldn't straighten out.

I thought it fabulously ballsy. And making a real statement at the time.

And didn't INXS just fire a replacement lead singer a few years back?

Oh and it was big news up here in Canuck land when Bare Naked Ladies fired their front man.

A group that became mega famous fired it's drummer Pete Best and hired Ritchie Starkey around 1960. Recognize the group?

A group that became mega famous fired it's drummer Pete Best and hired Ritchie Starkey around 1960. Recognize the group?

The Beatles?

That's it. I bet Best was not happy when the quirky little Fab Four including Ringo Star morphed into an industry that rivaled the income of most small countries. Ringo and Paul are still creaking around pretending to rock like the other haz-been rivals, the Rolling Stones. Celebs don't have sense enough to retire or their egos are too big.

Especially due to the crappy comments members made to the press about how they were planning on dumping him eventually anyway. Rock Stars can be such aholes though.

Forum List

Back