Music Lost in Time

Here's a record that was cut in 1966 by a "Garage Band" known as BLACK and the BLUES out of Trenton, NJ... I understand that only 500 records were cut. Let's have a listen shall we:

Thanks! I had never heard of these guys before now. Nice sound to this one. Do you have any more like this?

No, but I hope that someone else may have. They are still alive but a lot slower. I can only assume that the band thing was a dream of youth...

The best known song from "The Choir".

They reunited last year.

Upon breaking up a few of these guys became "The Raspberries" I used to take bass guitar lessons from the guy playing bass back in the later 70's.

Denny had a pretty good song of his own back then.

Denny later joined with the Pagans. He left them with a phone call from my house after a lesson.

So, FINALLY --- I found a copy of this on the internet. It's a peculiar song that sounds so 1950's POP for me. My parents had the RCA 45 rpm record. And it must have played on the radio or they wouldn't know it existed. And people I've hummed and do, do, doo'd to simply can' t believe this is for real. BUT IS WAS AND IS!
So here is Leo Diamond playing his harmonica and the tune is MISTER X released in 1956... Mister X : Leo Diamond : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Here is a tune or song or tune... I'm not sure what --- that came out in the Soviet Union in 1968 or there about.. It is sung by Eduard Khil or trilled by him or, well listen for yourself to this... It's entitled, "I AM VERY GLAD, AS I'M FINALLY RETURNING BACK HOME!"

RCA Victor Orthophonic High Fidelity STEREOPHONIC demonstration record from 1958: SOUNDS IN SPACE:

Last edited:
1954 RCA NEW ORTHROPHONIC HIGH FIDELITY demonstration record HEARING IS BELIEVING (PRE-STEREOPHONIC)

Forum List

Back