Murkowski won't rule out voting for Trump nominee to Supreme Court

RightNorLeft

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2010
Her constituents must have told her what they wanted

Sen. Lisa Murkowski clarified this week that she would not rule out voting on President Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court.

“I know everybody wants to ask the question, ‘Will you confirm the nominee?’” the Alaska Republican said Tuesday. “We don’t have a nominee yet. You and I don’t know who that is. And so I can’t confirm whether or not I can confirm a nominee when I don’t know who the nominee is.”

Murkowski said on Sunday that she would not vote on Trump’s nominee, citing how Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death on Friday is so close to November's election.

“For weeks, I have stated that I would not support taking up a potential Supreme Court vacancy this close to the election," Murkowski said at the time. "Sadly, what was then a hypothetical is now our reality, but my position has not changed.”

She added on Tuesday that nominating someone to the court is still too close to the election, but that the process would proceed regardless.

“I do not support this process moving forward,” she said. “Now, having said that, this process is moving forward with or without me.”

What's that about a woman's prerogative to change her mind?
Better late than never. Go girl!!
So all we need now is for Collins to stay true and its unanimous for Republicans.

Her constituents must have told her what they wanted

Sen. Lisa Murkowski clarified this week that she would not rule out voting on President Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court.

“I know everybody wants to ask the question, ‘Will you confirm the nominee?’” the Alaska Republican said Tuesday. “We don’t have a nominee yet. You and I don’t know who that is. And so I can’t confirm whether or not I can confirm a nominee when I don’t know who the nominee is.”

Murkowski said on Sunday that she would not vote on Trump’s nominee, citing how Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s death on Friday is so close to November's election.

“For weeks, I have stated that I would not support taking up a potential Supreme Court vacancy this close to the election," Murkowski said at the time. "Sadly, what was then a hypothetical is now our reality, but my position has not changed.”

She added on Tuesday that nominating someone to the court is still too close to the election, but that the process would proceed regardless.

“I do not support this process moving forward,” she said. “Now, having said that, this process is moving forward with or without me.”

Credit: Palin.

Via LaCorte News, Sarah Palin warned Lisa Murkowski, "Lisa, I can see 2022 from my house."

Palin beat the crooked dad. She can beat the RINO daughter.

Forum List

Back