Multiple Victims at Indianapolis FedEx Facility

Few people understand just how bad it is until they have to care for a love one who is schizophrenic and dealing with his hallucinations, peeing on the floor, waking out of the house with no clothes, accidentally setting fires in the house, never closing a a door, refusing to bathe or take medication, hours of walking in circles, refusing to eat, beating on your neighbors doors in the middle of the night, and worst of all friends and neighbors telling you that you need to do something about this behavior, as if that was possible. Holding down a job or participating in most any activity is nearly impossible. People like this have to be watched all the time. They may pickup a knife and stab themselves because the voices told them to do it or they may attack the mailman thinking he's demon.

In so many cases, the caregiver just has to give and put what use to be their loving husband, son, or daughter out on street.
A dear friend's husband has been suffering from Alzheimer's. Her trials (you've explained it well) have touched me. Her husband died yesterday. She's very busy arranging the funeral and I haven't had a chance to talk with her since. The point is that I understand much of what you say.

Government doesn't cause mental health problems.
Yes, it does.
That is a genetic defect.
No, you cannot say that. Are there genetic defect mental illnesses? Yes, but that's not the A to Z of the issue here.
I found this to be more specific:
"Mental illness is heritable. This means that people don't inherit mental illness; rather, they inherit genes that make them susceptible to mental illness. Mental illness isn't a trait, so it can't be passed down directly from parent to child. The genes that have the potential to activate mental illness can be passed from parent to child, so mental illness is indeed genetic."

I am guessing that this "potential" is shared by each and every one of us that is to say that in the right circumstances we all have the potential to blast the shopping mall to smithereens. This labyrinth of "mental illness" excuses is merely a red herring meant to decrease attention given to the problem of social frustration fostered by apathetic governing. Yes, mental illness is a serious subject but I am sure that it has little bearing on mass shootings.

No, actually, we don't. That is why it doesn't happen more often.

You don't understand any of the issues involved and now we add mental health to the issue you don't understand.

Oh this is terrible...we need to take a look at guns. This pandemic has caused so much mental stress on people, goodness.

Don't look at my guns. They were not involved.

Perhaps if media would stop sensationalizing local events into national crises the crazy people who Democrats refuse to lock up would have less to live up to.

Yep....they turn these shootings into the Oscars of crime....these mental cases who do the shootings see how they are covered, then, when they plan on committing suicide, they follow the example and go to a public place.......

What people need to understand is that newspapers, when they existed....used to publish the suicide deaths of teenagers......then they stopped doing this because simply publishing the news inspired other teenagers to commit suicide. There is a copy cat dynamic that the press just encourages with their coverage. It also doesn't help that the democrat party press wants to splash these events across the country so they can push gun control...even though these are the rarest of rare events...more people die falling from ladders than die from mass public shootings each year.....
They need to stfu and understand that guns make you safer until you get shot .So safe, in fact, that the US leads the developed world in gun deaths. Its just common sense.
You need to realize that the only person responsible for a crime is the one that commits the crime.

You do not curb the rights of people who do not commit crimes.
That is a most excellent point. I remember the teachers in school who would punish the entire classroom for the behavior of one or two students. Collective punishment for the masses is unjust when law-abiding citizens have negative consequences for the illegal actions of the law-breakers.

Crucial fact: suicides account for the majority of gun deaths in the United States. Various sources support that 2/3rds of all US gun deaths are suicides. Two thirds. That was worth repeating. When a person suffers from clinical depression, there is no time to second guess or waste time. Setting up a support system when early warning signs are recognized saves lives.

Suicide isn't violence, it isn't illegal, it is a choice

It's a sin according to Christianity and Judaism .... as far as I know.

So what?

Those religions do not make laws
Do you know the difference between a law and a sin?

I know that it is irrelevant to anyone who is not a subscriber to religion.
Really? I thought most people value at least some of the ten commandments no matter if they are religious or not and consider it a "sin" to violate them.

So what?

Really? I thought most people value at least some of the ten commandments no matter if they are religious or not and consider it a "sin" to violate them.

Assumption.

But the 10 Commandments say nothing about suicide.

So what?

Assumption.

First of all, you said that sins are not relevant to anyone who is not a subscriber to religion. But that's not true since non-subscribers do recognize the importance of the ten commandments. Secondly "Thous shalt not kill" includes suicide and that is a sin.

So what?

Assumption.

First of all, you said that sins are not relevant to anyone who is not a subscriber to religion. But that's not true since non-subscribers do recognize the importance of the ten commandments. Secondly "Thous shalt not kill" includes suicide and that is a sin.

Interesting as I see it also written as Thou shall not murder.

The concepts of the 10 commandments were well known before the Bible was written as well.

Laws against murder, theft etc existed before the 10 commandments.

And as far as society is concerned there is no sin there is only acceptable and unacceptable behavior.

So what?

Assumption.

The concepts of the 10 commandments were well known before the Bible was written as well.

And as far as society is concerned there is no sin there is only acceptable and unacceptable behavior.
So you still don't understand or are you pretending to be stupid?

So what?

Assumption.

So you still don't understand or are you pretending to be stupid?

By definition a sin is a transgression or religious or moral law.

We don't have a universal moral code all we have are societal laws.

Breaking a societal law therefore is not a sin

Government doesn't cause mental health problems.
Yes, it does.
That is a genetic defect.
No, you cannot say that. Are there genetic defect mental illnesses? Yes, but that's not the A to Z of the issue here.
I found this to be more specific:
"Mental illness is heritable. This means that people don't inherit mental illness; rather, they inherit genes that make them susceptible to mental illness. Mental illness isn't a trait, so it can't be passed down directly from parent to child. The genes that have the potential to activate mental illness can be passed from parent to child, so mental illness is indeed genetic."

I am guessing that this "potential" is shared by each and every one of us that is to say that in the right circumstances we all have the potential to blast the shopping mall to smithereens. This labyrinth of "mental illness" excuses is merely a red herring meant to decrease attention given to the problem of social frustration fostered by apathetic governing. Yes, mental illness is a serious subject but I am sure that it has little bearing on mass shootings.
I don't see (read) any excuses on this thread for crimes being made due to mental illness. Suicide is not something most people seriously consider, and no, not everyone, regardless of circumstances, would ever "blast the shopping mall to smithereens." as you've stated.

Nobody has suggested that people who choose to commit mass murder should be "let off the hook" by lawyers claiming mental illness. "The insanity defense is used in less than 1% of felony cases, and only successful in even lesser of a percentage."Additionally, "the rate of mental illness in jails: 24 percent of jail inmates had symptoms of a psychotic disorder." These stats indicate mental illness is not being used as a "cop out" for felons to get off lightly, as our crime movies and criminal novel industries have led us believe.

It's much easier for people to have compassion about mental illness when a loved one, close friend, or neighbor has suffered. Reportedly, most families have had at least one member in their extended family diagnosed with a mental imbalance of some sort. Thankfully, the shame behind the various diagnoses and getting treatment (after many decades of a stall-out phase..similar to "don't ask, don't tell" lunacy) is shedding away as more people become more informed.

Oh this is terrible...we need to take a look at guns. This pandemic has caused so much mental stress on people, goodness.

Don't look at my guns. They were not involved.

Perhaps if media would stop sensationalizing local events into national crises the crazy people who Democrats refuse to lock up would have less to live up to.

Yep....they turn these shootings into the Oscars of crime....these mental cases who do the shootings see how they are covered, then, when they plan on committing suicide, they follow the example and go to a public place.......

What people need to understand is that newspapers, when they existed....used to publish the suicide deaths of teenagers......then they stopped doing this because simply publishing the news inspired other teenagers to commit suicide. There is a copy cat dynamic that the press just encourages with their coverage. It also doesn't help that the democrat party press wants to splash these events across the country so they can push gun control...even though these are the rarest of rare events...more people die falling from ladders than die from mass public shootings each year.....
They need to stfu and understand that guns make you safer until you get shot .So safe, in fact, that the US leads the developed world in gun deaths. Its just common sense.
You need to realize that the only person responsible for a crime is the one that commits the crime.

You do not curb the rights of people who do not commit crimes.
That is a most excellent point. I remember the teachers in school who would punish the entire classroom for the behavior of one or two students. Collective punishment for the masses is unjust when law-abiding citizens have negative consequences for the illegal actions of the law-breakers.

Crucial fact: suicides account for the majority of gun deaths in the United States. Various sources support that 2/3rds of all US gun deaths are suicides. Two thirds. That was worth repeating. When a person suffers from clinical depression, there is no time to second guess or waste time. Setting up a support system when early warning signs are recognized saves lives.

Using the terms "committed suicide" leads many to assume suicide is illegal in the states.

Your post prompted me to find the following: in VA "Suicide, therefore, remains a common law crime in Virginia." However, in United States v. Hudson, it was ruled that such common-law convictions are not allowed at the federal level."

"Maryland was the last state to finally clear out straggler colonial legislation around suicide. In 2019, the state passed House Bill 77 repealing the piece of law that criminalized attempted suicide. According to the Washington Post, this law dated back to Maryland’s time as a British colony."

There's a "third shift employee" according to WRTV Indianapolis. That's the labor-union, morning, swing, and graveyard. When they start talking about a "shift" like that, they mean there are other unsolved murders at the FedEx facility. People are "served" via FedEx, and then on top of that there are the usual murders that place in conjunction with service of legal process, to eliminate unwanted witnesses, jurors, lawyers, and judges ahead of a court appearance.

Forum List

Back