Muhammad Ali’s son says dad would have hated ‘racist’ Black Lives Matter

There was very little work involved in telling the truth about him.

And where did I state that his beliefs nearly 50 years ago were right?

Just out of curiosity what do you think would have happened to him in Louisville Kentucky in the 1960's if he had been an advocate for interracial marriage?
I lost the Eye of Agamotto, so I can’t see alternative realities.

I lost the Eye of Agamotto, so I can’t see alternative realities.

Ok. It was just a question. But having spent some time in the south in the early 1960's, I don't think his life would have been very long under those circumstances.

Ok. It was just a question. But having spent some time in the south in the early 1960's, I don't think his life would have been very long under those circumstances.
He was a famous athlete when he made the racist comments on the vids I posted. He was not killed in the South when he dodged the draft and so many other Americans were dying in the war. His chances of surviving NOT making racist comments would likely have been pretty good.

He was a famous athlete when he made the racist comments on the vids I posted. He was not killed in the South when he dodged the draft and so many other Americans were dying in the war. His chances of surviving NOT making racist comments would likely have been pretty good.

I was referring more to if he had continued to reside in the south after becoming well known.

If he had been supportive of interracial marriage.
during the 60's there is no doubt that he would have been treated like Jack Johnson was.

Ali was also a product of a blatantly racist geographical area that were still marginalizing, lynching and bombing people who looked like him, DURING the time that he was a famous athlete.

It is no wonder that his beliefs were what they were during the 60's.

I'm actually surprised that he was able to change his views over time.

Last edited:
I was referring more to if he had continued to reside in the south after becoming well known.

If he had been supportive of interracial marriage.
during the 60's there is no doubt that he would have been treated like Jack Johnson was.

Ali was also a product of a blatantly racist geographical area that were still marginalizing, lynching and bombing people who looked like him, DURING the time that he was a famous athlete.

It is no wonder that his beliefs were what they were during the 60's.

I'm actually surprised that he was able to change his views over time.

Playing the apologist is disgraceful.

Yes it is. If one is actually playing the part of an apologist.

However, if someone can relate to the root cause of someone's response to a certain type of treatment, that is simply being objective.

I heard Alis sentiments on how he felt back then and why in his own words.

The U.S. was a hostile place to be for many minorities during the 60's. I remember what it was like.

That aside, our opinions differ on this issue which is to be expected in some cases.

At least to Ali's credit he evolved as time passed.

Last edited:
Not Muhammad Ali. First off his son was wrong about the protests. Second, his father would have stood with the Floyd family. It's sad how some whites use the children or relatives of great black leaders to try discrediting movements. This is his sons opinion, we all saw how Ali lived.
Ali respected ALL the fighters he fought, black and white both. BLM only respects blacks. Ali's son is right. BLM are a bunch of racist pigs. Anybody defending them ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Ali had plenty of courage. He rightly stood up to a racist nation and told it to fuck off. He was supposed to put himself on the front line for a country that told him to get in the back of the line?
He was right to dodge the draft, and refuse to fight in Vietnam ("I ain't got nothing against no Viet Cong") The way he did it was peculiar though. He claimed, as a Muslim, to be a pacifist. Muslims are the least pacifist people on the planet.

Didn't matter. Ali was too popular a figure for anyone political to go up against him. They're all thinking about those all important VOTES.

I knew Ali since my own days as an amateur fighter back in the 60's and was friends for years with his biographer, Howard Bingham.....(RIP)

Ali never would have held those opinions.
So what opinion are you saying he would have held ? Being racist against whites ? Like BLM ?

Who the hell cares what Ali would have thought about BLM, or anything else ? He was a very good champion boxer (not the "greatest"), and not all that much involved in politics.

I knew Ali since my own days as an amateur fighter back in the 60's and was friends for years with his biographer, Howard Bingham.....(RIP)

Ali never would have held those opinions.
So what opinion are you saying he would have held ? Being racist against whites ? Like BLM ?

What an odd question. Even coming from you.
What opinions do YOU think that YOU would have of the people that you were surrounded by if you were raised in a segregated environment where you were considered to be a second class citizen and had less rights as a citizen than the rest of the population?

In spite of those FACTS, Ali never oppressed any race of people by benefitting from laws that deemed him to be superior to others.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back