MSNBC Gives Right Wing the Gift of Al Sharpton

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Thank you NBC we are much obliged. Of course the "Big" winner is Andrew Breitbart, the Bigs and Breitbart TV. But really aren't we all winners here?

leanforward.png

Via HA and the NYT:

Good news: Al Sharpton now MSNBC&#8217;s permanent 6 p.m. host « Hot Air

Via Radio Equalizer and the NYT, against all odds, MSNBC finds a way to get even better.

With “PoliticsNation,” MSNBC is trying to strengthen its ratings at 6 p.m., a crucial hour that helps to set up the channel’s prime-time lineup. Mr. Sharpton has been guest-hosting at 6 p.m. since the end of June.

In a statement, Mr. Sharpton referenced MSNBC’s slogan, “lean forward.”

“I am very happy and honored to join the MSNBC team as we collectively try to get America to ‘Lean Forward,’ ” he said. “It is a natural extension of my life work and growth. We all learn from our pain and stand up from our stumbling and one must either learn to lean forward or fall backwards. I’m glad they have given me the opportunity to continue my forward lean.”

Al Sharpton Formally Named MSNBC Host - NYTimes.com

Horrendous choice.....but not sure how it relates to Breitbart?

Sorry, but this clears up any idea that I had of the left being able to see reason.

What exactly does it have to do with "the left?" Like, what exactly, aside from the station itself having a political bias their way.

Sorry, but this clears up any idea that I had of the left being able to see reason.

What exactly does it have to do with "the left?" Like, what exactly, aside from the station itself having a political bias their way.

I'm sure you are familiar with Al, so I don't think I need to explain him.

For mnsbc to pick him or anyone, they have to run the person through a series of tests to see if they want in to rep them, some times having them as guest hosts, as Al was, to see if they can get positive feed back.

clearly the left gave them the positive feed back they wanted.

Al is what he is and he got positive feed back. That alone, shows that the left is not capable of wanting to see reason, since he's not a reasonable person. not the slightest bit.

I see pols that are off thier rockers and think "well, it's just the people there, that keep re-electing them." Al is an international star and his veiws are well known by all people. so there's no reasonable excuse for wanting him on TV.

If he flops, my veiws will change.

For mnsbc to pick him or anyone, they have to run the person through a series of tests to see if they want in to rep them, some times having them as guest hosts, as Al was, to see if they can get positive feed back.

Al is what he is and he got positive feed back. That alone, shows that the left is not capable of wanting to see reason, since he's not a reasonable person. not the slightest bit.

I see pols that are off thier rockers and think "well, it's just the people there, that keep re-electing them." Al is an international star and his veiws are well known by all people. so there's no reasonable excuse for wanting him on TV.

And the right gives Beck, Hannity positive feedbac k to a much higher degree (ratings), but that doesn't make you say "the right has no ability to reason!," because you're not a fair-minded individual (politically).

And the right gives Beck, Hannity positive feedbac k to a much higher degree (ratings), but that doesn't make you say "the right has no ability to reason!," because you're not a fair-minded individual (politically).

Reaserch, actual research, puts FOX nearer to the center than any TV outlet, including CNN.

Fact, not opinion or a poll.

Reaserch, actual research, puts FOX nearer to the center than any TV outlet, including CNN.

Fox is not near the center, dude. I'm sorry, but that's deluded.

They have the "balance" in their research by having persons (Guests) on their shows so-in order to debate, but their hosts themselves and the balance of the COVERAGE is so blatantly right wing it's ridiculous.

But nevertheless, regardless of that, you didn't address the point.

If the "left" is shown "unreasonable" by Sharpton getting this job, then the "right" is equally or more-so (ratings) unreasonable for the schmucks they have on TV and radio. But you'd like to ignore that slender bit, just for the sake of another partisan post.

I don't have any issues with you at all, but it's pretty evident that you're conveniently seeing things through a narrow lense.

Fox is not near the center, dude. I'm sorry, but that's deluded.

They have the "balance" in their research by having persons (Guests) on their shows so-in order to debate, but their hosts themselves and the balance of the COVERAGE is so blatantly right wing it's ridiculous.

But nevertheless, regardless of that, you didn't address the point.

If the "left" is shown "unreasonable" by Sharpton getting this job, then the "right" is equally or more-so (ratings) unreasonable for the schmucks they have on TV and radio. But you'd like to ignore that slender bit, just for the sake of another partisan post.

I don't have any issues with you at all, but it's pretty evident that you're conveniently seeing things through a narrow lense.

Your opinion on FOX was given to you. you've done no research. A simple google search and a filtering of the opninion pieces will tell you the facts that FOX is just right of center.

Unless you say Harvard and UCLA would lie for FOX to make them look centered.

And you just posted that you get both sides of an issue on FOX.

You just called yourself a liar. :lol:

HASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

hand over the research

ignored the point again

You have no point.

Al is a far far left kook, that now works for msnbc. My contention was that that was proof that the left has lost all sense of reason.

You countered with FOX, and the false assumption that they are far right.

you point is based around a lie, that you believe w/o question.

ignored the point again

You have no point.

Al is a far far left kook, that now works for msnbc. My contention was that that was proof that the left has lost all sense of reason.

No, I clountered with SEAN HANNITY, GLENN BECK. *not FOX,* you diverted to your aside about FOX being fair and balanced, which has nothing to do with how biased, kooky and downright awful Beck and Hannity are.

So the point you ignore, is that if MSNBC hiring Al shows the lack of reason of "the left," then Hannity, Rush, etc's ratings show the "lack of reasoning" of the right. It's your premise, not my opinion, but the fact of the matter is you're viewing through a narrow lense based on a preconceived political bias, and this is a glaring example of how-so.

ignored the point again

You have no point.

No, I clountered with SEAN HANNITY, GLENN BECK. *not FOX,* you diverted to your aside about FOX being fair and balanced, which has nothing to do with how biased, kooky and downright awful Beck and Hannity are.

So the point you ignore, is that if MSNBC hiring Al shows the lack of reason of "the left," then Hannity, Rush, etc's ratings show the "lack of reasoning" of the right. It's your premise, not my opinion, but the fact of the matter is you're viewing through a narrow lense based on a preconceived political bias, and this is a glaring example of how-so.

Beck- gone
Hannity - one man

msnbc has no one they can point to and claim that they are a moderate, let alone a moderate liberal. Everyone they have is far left.

so your own thin view has blinded you to the bigger picture.

msnbc is so far out there that they would hire a complete whacko, to join the near whackos, while FOX has only hannity as a wacko. [yes, he's a rw nut]

and his ratings don't speak anything of right wing's "lack of reason," to you..........................and neither do Rush's..............

And Beck ...you know, HAD GOOD RATINGS.

No, none of that speaks to the ability to reason of the right..............n'aw.

But but but, Sharpton, speaks to the ability of the left to reason.

I got it.

No, really, I got it.

and his ratings don't speak anything of right wing's "lack of reason," to you..........................and neither do Rush's..............

No, none of that speaks to the ability to reason of the right..............n'aw.

I got it.

No, really, I got it.

No, I don't think you do, b/c you are not even trying.

ok, my last attempt.

Hannity, Beck; I never heard of any of them before I saw them on FOX. I learned later the beck came from radio.
None of them were internationally known kooks before they got on TV.
Al Sharpton is currently and has been an internationally known kook for DECADES.

It would be like FOX hiring Rush.

Get it now?

I got it.

No, really, I got it.

No, I don't think you do, b/c you are not even trying.

ok, my last attempt.

Hannity, Beck; I never heard of any of them before I saw them on FOX. I learned later the beck came from radio.
None of them were internationally known kooks before they got on TV.
Al Sharpton is currently and has been an internationally known kook for DECADES.

It would be like FOX hiring Rush.

Get it now?

I think you don't get it.

Rush, has ratings.

These ratings mean that he has "fans."

If, as you say, Sharpton was given a trial run and subsequently offered a job...........you're saying that's due to a lack of "reason" on the left, the fact that he had a good trial run and had any viewership.

And what I'm saying..............

Is that Rush's ratings.....currently

Hannity's ratings......currently

Show the same lack of reason, from the other side.

Next time I'll try in big crayons and glitter glue.

Forum List

Back