MS disables option "Offline account" in Windows 10 setup

God I love linear thinkers, ya'll are sooooooo entertaining. :lol:
graphics-tux-384634.gif
Your Christmas decoration? :dunno:
A proposal for your new avatar.
Thanks but not interested........

Maybe you could use it to scrape your hemorrhoids, or send it to fncceo as he (not I) was the one who suggested you upgrade to Linux......... In the meantime I have some work to do with my Win 10 Pro gamer........ :eusa_whistle:
I suggested nothing in this thread.
No?
Then I wonder what this is........ :eusa_whistle:
"The problem with Linux is that it is pointless."

Caution, homies. If you use home version of Windows 10 you will be unable to create an offline account and will be forced to create a Microsoft account to finish setup and use Windows 10 1909. Even if you use the build-in reset tool.
The only way to create an offline account is to disconnect the computer from the internet before setup.

Microsoft Made Major Setup Changes in Windows 10 Version 1909 - Thurrott.com

I won't touch win10. My wife has it but I still have XP and never saw a need to upgrade from there.
Good for you. Are you still using horse and buggy? Rotary phones? Pre-electric washing machines? :dunno:

Maybe you could use it to scrape your hemorrhoids, or send it to fncceo as he (not I) was the one who suggested you upgrade to Linux......... In the meantime I have some work to do with my Win 10 Pro gamer........ :eusa_whistle:
No?
That´s a conclusion based on the fact that there is nothing you can do with Linux that you can´t do with Windows. And it doesn´t work the other way round. Therefor it is an idealist decision to use it.

Your Christmas decoration? :dunno:

No?
That´s a conclusion based on the fact that there is nothing you can do with Linux that you can´t do with Windows. And it doesn´t work the other way round. Therefor it is an idealist decision to use it.
Soooooo, it is a suggestion based on your bias........ Kinda what I thought. Oops. :rofl:

Is it because I know so little about computers or what?
I got Windows10 the day it was released and have been through every single update since.

Not once have I had a problem of any kind. It works just fine and does everything I need/want it to do.

I got Windows10 the day it was released and have been through every single update since.

Not once have I had a problem of any kind. It works just fine and does everything I need/want it to do.
The world is happy for you, I'm happy for you. :dunno:

Than you are in luck. This is not about knowledge but luck. There are constant issues due to Microsoft´s policy of renewing the OS two times each year. Major issues. Most are not affected but it hits enough users to generate the news.
Also, Windows 10 sends encrypted telemetry data to Microsoft. There is no legal basis to use Windows in my country and it should be banned.
Datenschutzkonferenz: Hohe Hürden für den Einsatz von Windows 10

Of course, encrypted data cannot be used by hackers but it is also impossible to figure out if the content is within privacy terms.

No?
Soooooo, it is a suggestion based on your bias........ Kinda what I thought. Oops. :rofl:
Actually, this is not a counter argument.

No?
Again with your linear thinking. Given the majority mental makeup of the board I shouldn't expect any more.
You have a bias in this area, you made a statement based on that bias, that's a most normal human thing to do, not being able or willing to see that is also a most normal human thing to do. Don't like having it pointed out? Try not to do it.........
Maybe if you had just taken some psychology in school what I post would make sense..... :eusa_whistle:

No?
Again with your linear thinking. Given the majority mental makeup of the board I shouldn't expect any more.
You have a bias in this area, you made a statement based on that bias, that's a most normal human thing to do, not being able or willing to see that is also a most normal human thing to do. Don't like having it pointed out? Try not to do it.........
Maybe if you had just taken some psychology in school what I post would make sense..... :eusa_whistle:
No, the bias is yours. You are a declared Microsoft opponent. All what you said applies to you.

No?
No, the bias is yours. You are a declared Microsoft opponent. All what you said applies to you.
Obviously critical thinking isn't your strong suit......... Not to mention a severe short term memory challenge....... Oops. :lmao:

Obviously critical thinking isn't your strong suit......... Not to mention a severe short term memory challenge....... Oops. :lmao:
No your are really going off the trail. Maybe there is a psychologist around who is specialized in OS related issues. You should consult him.

No your are really going off the trail. Maybe there is a psychologist around who is specialized in OS related issues. You should consult him.
How many times have I stated I hated Microsoft due to their "corporate arrogance"? Numerous. How many times have I stated that I like Windows? Numerous. Guess you missed the tread I recently started where I ended up defending Microsoft for apparently starting to lose that arrogance and start listening to the end users........ A thread I think you even posted in...... Damn Blei, it must suck to be you and wrong all the time unless you're blissfully ignorant. Not everything is as black and white as you linear thinkers see it.........

Last edited:
How many times have I stated I hated Microsoft due to their "corporate arrogance"? Numerous. How many times have I stated that I like Windows? Numerous. Guess you missed the tread I recently started where I ended up defending Microsoft for apparently starting to lose that arrogance and start listening to the end users........ A thread I think you even posted in...... Damn Blei, it must suck to be you and wrong all the time unless you're blissfully ignorant. Not everything is as black and white as you linear thinkers see it.........
Nothing changed since you said something like that. And apparently, that´s nonsense. Nobody called for permanent bug infested updates, tile menus, multiple UIs and privacy issues.

Nothing changed since you said something like that. And apparently, that´s nonsense. Nobody called for permanent bug infested updates, tile menus, multiple UIs and privacy issues.
Wow!! You truly can't see past your own nose, can ya. Have a nice day. :thup:

Wow!! You truly can't see past your own nose, can ya. Have a nice day. :thup:
I will.

Then you got lucky.

I worked at a small company that decided to upgrade to windows 10. Half the computers in the building that Win 10 detected were able to run it were not. But we only discovered that AFTER the installation and reboot, to which the screen would flicker non-stop on and off. It was because half the computers in the building were purchased together and all had the same incompatible video card.

It took them a long time to get Win 7 back on them because the screens would flicker immediately upon reboot rendering any BIOS options unreachable.

Upgrade to Linux.
Sticking to Linux is like sticking to the 12k baud modem.
You still use DOS....... don'tcha....... :eusa_whistle:
I got started on DOS 4.01. Awesome program it was.

We'll be back to DOS before you know it. The future expects us all to have entertainment consoles that log on to the WWW and use stuff. No HDD, no ownership of software, we'll all be renters. Only the elite who still know how to use DOS will be independent from the behemoth frothing forth Microsoft vs Apple. Everyone else will die.

Upgrade to Linux.

We'll be back to DOS before you know it. The future expects us all to have entertainment consoles that log on to the WWW and use stuff. No HDD, no ownership of software, we'll all be renters. Only the elite who still know how to use DOS will be independent from the behemoth frothing forth Microsoft vs Apple. Everyone else will die.

I use a lot of Raspberry Pi computers for projects. They are capable of running different OS, but, most often, they use Raspbian Linux which has makes full use of command line interfaces, script programming, and graphical user interfaces.

A Raspberry Pi computer with a 64-bit processor, 2GB ram, a 4K HDMI interface, on board 2 and 5 Ghz WiFi, Bluetooth, a GBit Ethernet port, and USB-C, USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, smaller than a pack of cigarettes, less than $50.

Upgrade to Linux.

They've been saying that for the last decade........ Hasn't happened yet.

Forum List

Back