MrG has passed.

Gracie I can get you into a fixer upper for only $15.00 a month. No utility bills to pay. Got a crick nearby that never runs dry. Plenty of firewood layin' around. Three kerosene lamps. Outdoor sanitary unit for his/her/them. Home insurance not necessary. No nosy neighbors. Lots of wild game. (Groundhogs, coons. squirrel, etc)

View attachment 678993

Nearby dining for special occasions. (must wear shoes and shirts)

View attachment 678995
View attachment 678996

Guest room for in-laws

View attachment 678997

Sanitary unit.

View attachment 678998

Just say the word and it's all yours!

That cabin sure could use some flowers!

Gracie I can get you into a fixer upper for only $15.00 a month. No utility bills to pay. Got a crick nearby that never runs dry. Plenty of firewood layin' around. Three kerosene lamps. Outdoor sanitary unit for his/her/them. Home insurance not necessary. No nosy neighbors. Lots of wild game. (Groundhogs, coons. squirrel, etc)

View attachment 678993

Nearby dining for special occasions. (must wear shoes and shirts)

View attachment 678995
View attachment 678996

Guest room for in-laws

View attachment 678997

Sanitary unit.

View attachment 678998

Just say the word and it's all yours!
You would be surprised at what I could do with that first "building". ;)

Give me a flowing stream with decent fish in it and the woods and I can toss all this away…

I miss the simple life…
Lets pool our resources and take up Hossfly on his most generous offer. We can put bunk beds in there, grow a garden, make it homey. Then we can rent out the outhouse for 600 per month to make extra money to put into our shack. :auiqs.jpg:

I haven't fished in years, but enjoyed it when I did.
Meanwhile, I already have plans in place for the home so nicely offered. See all those downed trees behind it? Roof...side walls. Rent being only fifteen bucks, that place can be really spoofed up. And the guest house in Hossflys post offering such prizes can be hauled over to the homestead as another bedroom. Or kitchen. Or bathroom. Oh yes...I could make that place really homey!

1659941263599.png

See?

:biggrin:

I haven't fished in years, but enjoyed it when I did.
Meanwhile, I already have plans in place for the home so nicely offered. See all those downed trees behind it? Roof...side walls. Rent being only fifteen bucks, that place can be really spoofed up. And the guest house in Hossflys post offering such prizes can be hauled over to the homestead as another bedroom. Or kitchen. Or bathroom. Oh yes...I could make that place really homey!

View attachment 679228
See?

:biggrin:
I wish that for you Gracie. 😍

Ol Hossfly is slapping himself about now, dontcha think? lol

Gracie , I'm sorry to inform you but you didn't act soon enough and I had to rent it to an illegal immigrant from West Virginia. He offered $25 a month. He said you can rent his guest room plus unlimited use of the sanitary unit if you provide your own catalogs.

a bit over 8 months. Seems like yesterday. Seems like 10 years ago. All at the same time. I still mourn deeply. I put on a good front in front of everyone around me, but inside...I am dying. I want to die, so I can go be with him. Alas, I am doomed to stay here, alone. No music whistling coming from him. No him startling me when he snuck up behind me. No noise from the room he hung out in of racing cars or car repair shows or car auctions or football games or worse....lame stream news. No puff puff puff of his oxygen tank quietly helping him breathe. I am haunted by him in that bed, tubes all in and around him, ice blue eyes dull and tired. Knowing he is going to die and having to do it alone because they would not let me in.

Oh Lord and Jesus...I miss him so much.

He loved Johnny Mathis. Steve Perry's Oh Sherrie, Hall and Oates Looking For A Girl Like you. Thanksgiving is coming up. No more two cornish hens because a turkey was too much. Christmas soon after. No MrG...no dogs. All of them gone. This life sucks. And tomorrow, I will put on a happy face, act normal, go about my business and feel this crushing pain in my chest with sorrow.

Sorry. Can't sleep as usual. Thought maybe talking about him would soothe me. I was wrong.

I love you Dennis. Maybe the vast interwebs will reach into the heavens and you will see this. And I miss you so.

He called me honeybunner. Only time he used my real name was when we argued about politics. HoneyBunner. I called him TootsiePie.

I'm so worn out. Its been a long night. Gonna be a long day too, methinks. I have these bouts. Its just so...empty here now. He didn't want to, but he left me. He alone, and now me alone. Cruel.

He called me honeybunner. Only time he used my real name was when we argued about politics. HoneyBunner. I called him TootsiePie.

I'm so worn out. Its been a long night. Gonna be a long day too, methinks. I have these bouts. Its just so...empty here now. He didn't want to, but he left me. He alone, and now me alone. Cruel.
You must tell yourself repeatedly he doesn’t want me to suffer. He wants me to be happy.

Last edited:

Big hug, Gracie. :huddle: I lost the love of my life and 44 years of the best marriage on the face of this earth six years ago. It was better than having the world's prettiest and sweetest rosebuds in the world laid down at my feet to walk on every minute of every day, and the thoughtfulness of a good man .. there's no better prize anywhere. He left so many fine and admirable memories, all I have to do is think of him, and it makes my day still. He planned everything out as a good engineer does. He knew that if he left me a happy heart, my future would be at least happy for me. The rascal. He was always right and acted accordingly with finesse and love combined as only he knew how. *sigh* The hard part was learning to be by myself. I'm not the person he was, but I'm luckier. I have memories of the pure bliss he brought into my life. And I'm certain he is busy up there in Heaven figuring out how to make the angels laugh when they have such a sour little world to look over. God needed him more considering how much misery there is in the world. I'm sure he is definitely up there making heaven a happier place into eternity. I'm so proud of what he is most likely doing in service to everyone who has sorrows that his loving spirit heals. Hope you can see the sunny side of having the perfect person in your life being useful doing heaven's work, and may you one day notice the roses your man left for you to walk on with the fragrance rising to remind you of the sweetness of his soul that only you knew about. 💗

Gracie was blessed with a long marriage...most do not understand that loss...i wont claim to understand but i hope she can just get thru the day...dreading the night....sleep is hard enough at our age
Yup, I lost a dear friend recently. His widow and he had been married for 47 years. He had been suffering from alzheimers so while his passing was a relief for him, she has been left without her partner, and they truly were partners, so we help when we can, but most times we can't.....at night especially, it is just the way it is.

We kidnap her from time to time and take her to dinner, or bring her to our place for dinner, and a game of cards, but always at the end of the day she is alone.

I got 1 hour sleep. But it was enough to get me out of my funk. Until next time, anyway.

I truly appreciate being able to talk about it here when I get that down low. I don't really have anyone in real life I CAN talk to about it.They are either too busy, or just flat don't want to hear it. It makes them uncomfortable I guess. I have always been a strong person, so seeing me at my lowest low makes them fidget. I understand. But I need to speak about it now and then.

He was not perfect, and neither was I. But he said as his final words "NO GUILT honeybunner. NO GUILT". Easy to say, hard to follow. I have much guilt. MUCH. It weighs on me.

Anyway....I'm better now. Just really sleepy but too much to do today. When I am done with running around doing chores...I'm taking a long LONG nap.

Thanks, guys. Just that. Thank you.

Yup, I lost a dear friend recently. His widow and he had been married for 47 years. He had been suffering from alzheimers so while his passing was a relief for him, she has been left without her partner, and they truly were partners, so we help when we can, but most times we can't.....at night especially, it is just the way it is.

We kidnap her from time to time and take her to dinner, or bring her to our place for dinner, and a game of cards, but always at the end of the day she is alone.
Your support is more of a blessing to your friend than you know, westwall. Kudos to you and your family.

Forum List

Back