Mp3 Players

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
I have an HP laptop that I use and I am interested in getting an MP3 player. Really like the Apple iPod. Anyone have experience wht them on PC's? Any recomendations as to the best MP3 player for a computer-phobic person?

I commute 2 hours and am going crazy listening to people snorfle, grunt, crack their gum, etc. Need music to buffer the noise.

Thanks.

Get an iPod!

I love mine. Prior to the iPod, I used a Nomad Jukebox for a couple years until it died. It was a nice product - but the iPod is orders of magnitude better.

WW, can you upload all regular MP3's from your machine to the Ipod as well? They say it can hold 10,000 songs, I just wanted to make sure there isn't some sort of catch.

It depends upon the size of the drive. The 40GB version holds a ton of music - and yes, I can upload MP3s via iTunes. I am a Mac User, so the iPod and iTunes work well for me. Before buying one to interface to a PC, I suggest doing a bit of research.

Originally posted by wonderwench
It depends upon the size of the drive. The 40GB version holds a ton of music - and yes, I can upload MP3s via iTunes. I am a Mac User, so the iPod and iTunes work well for me. Before buying one to interface to a PC, I suggest doing a bit of research.

Is Itunes just the software interface used to manage the songs? In other words, any and all of my MP3's would be able to be put on the device, so long as there is enough room. Correct?

iTunes is the media player I use on my Mac. When I had the Nomad, I used SoundJam. All of the MP3 files I created I have been able to transfer successfully to my iPod with iTunes. I have read that Apple is working on a version of iTunes for the PC - but there must be other media players that interface to the iPod on the PC. I would determine that compatibility before making a purchase.

Ok, I'll do that. I was looking at the Itunes page, and it seems they are really stressing the download of THEIR music. I have about 10gig of MP3's, so I just want the ability to transfer as many song as possible on to the device. This is what matters most to me:

1) Quality of playback
2) Storage
3) Battery life

I think Ipod and Sony are the 2 highest rated.

The only complaint I've heard about the IPod is that the battery dies after three years or so and Apple is the only company that makes a replacement battery, so it's like $40.

Either way, I already forwarded this thread to the RIAA so I think you'll all be too busy paying your lawsuits to worry about MP3 players.:p:

Originally posted by Dan
The only complaint I've heard about the IPod is that the battery dies after three years or so and Apple is the only company that makes a replacement battery, so it's like $40.

Either way, I already forwarded this thread to the RIAA so I think you'll all be too busy paying your lawsuits to worry about MP3 players.:p:

Good, I'm going to go into the control panel and change my name to yours and vice versa!

:D

If you do that, get ready to recieve hundreds of PM's a day from ladies looking for a little of that world-famous Dan-love.

Forum List

Back