Movies of 2019 into which a man can sink his teeth

Irishman was a dud.
The last two, a woman can sink her teeth into, too. :)

It's especially true of Ford v Ferrari for men. Bullit continuously came to mind while I watched it. :) Love muscle cars. Finally got a hold of a 1968 Charger Coupe recently. It needs to be restored, but the chassis and body are in pretty good shape. It was an amazing find,really. To think there are many more still out there unrestored. . . .

My wife digged the movie too, but then she appreciates real men. Why didn't you like The Irishman?

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Ford v Ferrari
The Irishman
Midway

Ad Astra - A really solid science fiction flick grounded in realistic space travel with a touch of both psychological and real horror.

Doctor Sleep - The sequel to Stephen King's The Shining. Another solid horror flick free of "woke" ideological bullshit (for the most part). If you're a fan of the original movie it's a must watch.

Godzilla - Not quite as cool as the original monster films, but it was great to see original creatures back on the screen.

Ford v Ferrari
The Irishman
Midway

Ad Astra - A really solid science fiction flick grounded in realistic space travel with a touch of both psychological and real horror.

Doctor Sleep - The sequel to Stephen King's The Shining. Another solid horror flick free of "woke" ideological bullshit (for the most part). If you're a fan of the original movie it's a must watch.

Godzilla - Not quite as cool as the original monster films, but it was great to see original creatures back on the screen.

Wondered about Ad Astra and Doctor Sleep.

Ford v Ferrari
The Irishman
Midway

Wondered about Ad Astra and Doctor Sleep.

My wife and I liked both movies. Ad Astra is reminiscent of science fiction films from the fifties and sixties, if one can get past Brad Pitt's ego. Doctor Sleep has an excellent cast of villains we loved to hate, and a satisfying ending. We were surprised by how good both movies turned out to be, in the modern sea of mediocrity. We also enjoyed 1917, although it seemed a bit short and not quite up to the standards of forties, fifties, and sixties war movies. Midway was great as well, save for the very obvious CGI.

Sadly ....In my opinion there is nothing

If you want good and great movies like the ones you are looking for...you must go back to the 1950s, 60, and 70s

After that is mainly soyflake and pink pussy hat garbage

Sorry but mainly (not all) that's how it is, OP.

Ford v Ferrari
The Irishman
Midway
Refuse to pay money to see a Tarantino flick.

Ford v. Ferrari was awesome....Solid A.

Didn't like the audience reviews of The Irisman, so I passed.

1917 is A-...Big plot hole that I didn't like, though it didn't ruin the movie.

Midway leaned way too heavily on CGI in the trailers I saw, so I'm waiting for the home release.

Seeing two movies in the theater in one year is more than I've done for as long as I can remember.

They redid Midway? Pointless. Henry Fonda, Glenn Ford, Charlton Heston and a bunch of other guys handled it well.

Irishman was a dud.

It's especially true of Ford v Ferrari for men. Bullit continuously came to mind while I watched it. :) Love muscle cars. Finally got a hold of a 1968 Charger Coupe recently. It needs to be restored, but the chassis and body are in pretty good shape. It was an amazing find,really. To think there are many more still out there unrestored. . . .

My wife digged the movie too, but then she appreciates real men. Why didn't you like The Irishman?
I can't stand DeNiro, plus the CGI was horrid looking making them all younger. The only one that I thought did a great acting job was Pesci, with Pacino coming in send.

Knives out excellent movie... Irish men too long...1917...just an over blown war film.... parasite was just plain weird...didn't care for joker at all... marriage story was ok... that ride of Skywalker sucked

I liked T6 a lot, although if you follow the plot-line from the previous movies, Sarah Connor is supposed to have died in T3.. but otherwise the film is very good. Very good FX, and good acting from Arnie and Linda Hamilton.

Ford v Ferrari
The Irishman
Midway
Refuse to pay money to see a Tarantino flick.

Ford v. Ferrari was awesome....Solid A.

Didn't like the audience reviews of The Irisman, so I passed.

1917 is A-...Big plot hole that I didn't like, though it didn't ruin the movie.

Midway leaned way too heavily on CGI in the trailers I saw, so I'm waiting for the home release.

Seeing two movies in the theater in one year is more than I've done for as long as I can remember.

Actually, Odd, watched all of these on DVD. Watched the ones I thought I might like from this year. Saw Joker too. Didn't like it.

Irishman was a dud.

I can't stand DeNiro, plus the CGI was horrid looking making them all younger. The only one that I thought did a great acting job was Pesci, with Pacino coming in send.

For sure Pesci and Pacino were great.

Forum List

Back