Mountain Men Returns!

Tom Horn

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2015
NEARBY
A show very much in doubt of continuing after season 6, is back.....One of my favorite shows, in season 7 finds Tom's cabin in jeopardy from the Montana wild fires, Eustace still mourning Preston's passing, the Alaska kid on some island looking for 50 lbs of Coho salmon amongst the coastal Kodiac bears, and the dipshit in the Arkansas Ozarks building a hogan for his pregnant wife. Thursdays on the History Channel:

Mountain-Men-2012-movie-poster.jpg

A show very much in doubt of continuing after season 6, is back.....One of my favorite shows, in season 7 finds Tom's cabin in jeopardy from the Montana wild fires, Eustace still mourning Preston's passing, the Alaska kid on some island looking for 50 lbs of Coho salmon amongst the coastal Kodiac bears, and the dipshit in the Arkansas Ozarks building a hogan for his pregnant wife. Thursdays on the History Channel:

I just loved it when the government was after Euctace a few years ago for giving out free lessons, was trying to rebuild that roof and when he was trying to get that old saw mill picked up, transported (wasn't that with the truck that ran on wood chips or something other than gas?) and positioned on a dubious hillside.

• Banned

I just loved it when the government was after Euctace a few years ago for giving out free lessons, was trying to rebuild that roof and when he was trying to get that old saw mill picked up, transported (wasn't that with the truck that ran on wood chips or something other than gas?) and positioned on a dubious hillside.

Yep, a steam car and that time they got stuck in the mud they had to bring in a horse to pull it out.
lol.gif

Yep, a steam car and that time they got stuck in the mud they had to bring in a horse to pull it out.
lol.gif

Steam car? I like this!

• Banned
SPOILER ALERT! If you plan to binge-watch this year STOP reading.

In #4 Jason catches the baby his wife drops w/an assist from Maria, the midwife. Morgan practices touch and goes with his bush pilot instructor, the best part being when the teacher kills the engine and Morgan has to keep the nose down to start a glide-path instead of dropping like a rock...white-knuckle stuff. Tom and his pal come upon a wolf pack kill and decide to snag a couple of them....the tree-huggers' obsession to re-introduce the grey wolf is raising havoc with those who have to live around them. And Marty has a wolverine problem so he builds a cubby to trap the thing before it can decimate his marten trap line and ruin his season. Excellent episode.

I’m absolutely addicted to this show. I’m watching the latest episodes but also found this show on another channel insp. Theyre plying older episodes there. I wish I watched from the beginning. Doesn’t matter if I watch out of order each show is a gem.

My brother bought 65 acres in the most mountainous part of lower Michigan. Not very mountainy but close. Coyote, bear, deer, probably lynx, beaver. I find myself doing things I’ve seen on mountain men. It’s illegal to trap a beaver in Michigan. We have a quadrunner it’s an essential tool to have. He built a big home at the front of the property I might put a little home No electricity just pot belly stove back deep in the woods by the river that’s at the back of the property. So when you’re in it you feel like you’re living in a small log cabin off the grid. And I will also hunt right out of it. My dream

I hope they continue it’s my favorite show

I think it’s bullshit he has to pay taxes to live on his own property. I know we all do but it just bothers me you can never completely go off the grid. You have to find ways to make money to pay taxes.

if you just wanted to live off the land you can’t. You have to pay your yearly taxes. I just don’t like it. I wonder what the taxes are on a property that big?

You can meet Eustis if you go to Turtle Island preserve. All kinds of survivingal classes you can take there.

ahh lawdie...here we go....turtle island is just outside of boone nc remember him riding the horses into town to pay his taxes...he could have taken a much safer and more direct route into town but noooo he picked the most drama...okay he loves to trespass on other property owners land then cries fowl....when arrested...and get this...here is where he likes to dine...https://www.joybistroboone.com/ its all bs about if the kale doesnt come in..he will starve...most of the work is done by interns who pay to be there....then he charges people for tours of

turtle island....my neighbors have paid to go to his 'classes' which are taught by interns..the public is beneath him...his is worth about 200 k....hardly the poor mountain man he pretends to be...

here is a good look at his whining...

he does that fakeass back to the earth bullshit and thinks he can have shit open to the public and not meet codes....property owners who broader his turtle island are always having issue with his encroachment onto their land...

sealybobo

and you most likely will not meet eustace at turtle island....interns run the show....he hardly appears according to those stupid enough to pay his fees

ahh lawdie...here we go....turtle island is just outside of boone nc remember him riding the horses into town to pay his taxes...he could have taken a much safer and more direct route into town but noooo he picked the most drama...okay he loves to trespass on other property owners land then cries fowl....when arrested...and get this...here is where he likes to dine...https://www.joybistroboone.com/ its all bs about if the kale doesnt come in..he will starve...most of the work is done by interns who pay to be there....then he charges people for tours of

turtle island....my neighbors have paid to go to his 'classes' which are taught by interns..the public is beneath him...his is worth about 200 k....hardly the poor mountain man he pretends to be...

here is a good look at his whining...

he does that fakeass back to the earth bullshit and thinks he can have shit open to the public and not meet codes....property owners who broader his turtle island are always having issue with his encroachment onto their land...

sealybobo
I hate it that you can’t just buy property and be free. You always got to pay your taxes.

And maybe I don’t want to know all the details.

I hope Tom isn’t really struggling to survive as a mountain man.

I know it’s weird the one guy went from a girlfriend and some horses to having an airplane. An airplane is expensive.

I like every character. There’s close to ten guys on this show. I like how they bounce from one to another.

When I’m up north n my brothers 65 acres I like to think I’m doing mountain man shit. We don’t hunt the beaver but he has them. I think it’s illegal to hunt beaver In Michigan. There’s bear and coyote on the property. Can’t shoot the bear but I coyote hunt. Nothing yet. I’ve seen them 4 times. Now I have a night light mounted to my gun.

I would love to put a little house on the back of his property in the woods. Real simple. No electricity or plumbing. Pot belly stove. But I’d like to go stay in that instead of his big beautiful vacation home. It’s amazing. But I want to rough it.

Forum List

Back