Mosul Falls to Iraqi Security Forces

While I am happy that this is done................While I'm happy that ISIS is losing ground.....................

The Iraqi Forces outnumbered ISIS 10 to 1. Estimates are 10,000 ISIS versus 100,000 coalition forces. Took them a long damn time to take this place with that kind of superior forces..............

Our forces back in the day went in relentless...........Kicked ass and took names.............Paid a price in blood...........

Only for a future President to hand it over to ISIS when he decided a complete removal of all forces from Iraq..........That is why this battle is necessary today and why some of us don't give a crap about his strategy when he helped hand the place over to ISIS in the first place.

Syria is going to be ISIS's Battle of the Little Bighorn. Even though they have contingents in other countries, they need to be wiped out in Syria.

If we could just either get the fucking Russians on the same page, or get them the hell out of our way.

In 2004 the United States took the place in 8 days..............but at that time the number of forces to compare would be Fallujah the second battle took place here.

Second Battle of Fallujah - Wikipedia

Thank you sir for posting that. It was very informative.
My nephew was disabled by a IED in that battle. Permanently disabled.

It's where my best friend fell

God speed, soldier.

While I am happy that this is done................While I'm happy that ISIS is losing ground.....................

The Iraqi Forces outnumbered ISIS 10 to 1. Estimates are 10,000 ISIS versus 100,000 coalition forces. Took them a long damn time to take this place with that kind of superior forces..............

Our forces back in the day went in relentless...........Kicked ass and took names.............Paid a price in blood...........

Only for a future President to hand it over to ISIS when he decided a complete removal of all forces from Iraq..........That is why this battle is necessary today and why some of us don't give a crap about his strategy when he helped hand the place over to ISIS in the first place.

Syria is going to be ISIS's Battle of the Little Bighorn. Even though they have contingents in other countries, they need to be wiped out in Syria.

If we could just either get the fucking Russians on the same page, or get them the hell out of our way.
They are losing there as well..........but it's taking a hell of a long time.

When Bush left office.............Mosul was under Iraqi control. You were saying............

And would have remained so to this day had we never invaded.
Maybe...........maybe not................

Shiite and Kurds in the region may have rose up had we not done so.............

Time Machines only exist in the movies...................

Bottom Line...............Bush went in.......approved by Congress.........took the country at a cost.......and Obama hauled ass and left Iraq open for ISIS to move in.

The battle still rages...........and this hindsight theory ignores the Arab Spring.

They are losing there as well..........but it's taking a hell of a long time.

That's why I have faith in Trump: If anyone can get Putin on the same page, it would be him. Obama didn't seem to have a clue and all the liberal portion of this country believes is that Trump is "colluding"

What a bunch of non-strategic idiots.

GOODY! Now American Taxpayers will get the bill to reconstruct that decimated hellhole. Good times. :eek-52:

GOODY! Now American Taxpayers will get the bill to reconstruct that decimated hellhole. Good times. :eek-52:

Don't they have something of value they could compensate us with? Oil? A stable Democracy in an otherwise hellhole full of lunatics?

Worked for Israel, didn't it?

Don't they have something of value they could compensate us with? Oil? A stable Democracy in an otherwise hellhole full of lunatics?

Just another MIC Globalist Elite scam. The oil ain't payin for the Iraq invasion blunder, American Taxpayers are.

Just another MIC Globalist Elite scam. The oil ain't payin for the Iraq invasion blunder, American Taxpayers are.

And the problem is?

I can't speak for you, but I get a big throbbing hard on thinking about my tax money going into killing those ISIS fucksticks.

Of course, that's just me. :biggrin:

After a long drawn out fight, Iraqi Security Forces with Coalition Partners have retaken Mosul in Iraq. Article from Centcom praising the victory.

Iraqi Security Forces liberate Mosul > U.S. Central Command > Press Release View

SOUTHWEST ASIA – The Coalition welcomes Prime Minister al-Abadi’s announcement of Iraq’s victory in Mosul and we congratulate the Iraqi Security Forces on their remarkable progress against ISIS while making extraordinary efforts to safeguard civilian lives.

While there are still areas of the Old City of Mosul that must be back-cleared of explosive devices and possible ISIS fighters in hiding, the ISF have Mosul now firmly under their control.

“The global Coalition fighting ISIS congratulates Prime Minister al-Abadi and the Iraqi Security Forces on their historic victory against a brutal and evil enemy. Make no mistake; this victory alone does not eliminate ISIS and there is still a tough fight ahead. But the loss of one of its twin capitals and a jewel of their so-called caliphate is a decisive blow,” said Lt. Gen. Stephen J. Townsend, commanding general of Combined Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent Resolve.

Iraqi Militia Forces, Kurdish Peshmerga fighters and the global Coalition also deserve a share of the credit for their sacrifices to achieve this hard-won victory.
Islam Alamo

The outcome is irrelevant. ISIS's unexpected and totally preventable years of success achieved its purpose of inspiring thrill-killing Muzzies all over the world. Only an immediate extermination of this gang and its human shields would have frustrated its goal of being looked at as hard-fighting martyrs.

After a long drawn out fight, Iraqi Security Forces with Coalition Partners have retaken Mosul in Iraq. Article from Centcom praising the victory.

Iraqi Security Forces liberate Mosul > U.S. Central Command > Press Release View

SOUTHWEST ASIA – The Coalition welcomes Prime Minister al-Abadi’s announcement of Iraq’s victory in Mosul and we congratulate the Iraqi Security Forces on their remarkable progress against ISIS while making extraordinary efforts to safeguard civilian lives.

While there are still areas of the Old City of Mosul that must be back-cleared of explosive devices and possible ISIS fighters in hiding, the ISF have Mosul now firmly under their control.

“The global Coalition fighting ISIS congratulates Prime Minister al-Abadi and the Iraqi Security Forces on their historic victory against a brutal and evil enemy. Make no mistake; this victory alone does not eliminate ISIS and there is still a tough fight ahead. But the loss of one of its twin capitals and a jewel of their so-called caliphate is a decisive blow,” said Lt. Gen. Stephen J. Townsend, commanding general of Combined Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent Resolve.

Iraqi Militia Forces, Kurdish Peshmerga fighters and the global Coalition also deserve a share of the credit for their sacrifices to achieve this hard-won victory.
Kudos goes to the Iraqis and President Obama.
Remember whenTrumpsaid he had a " secret plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days?" Imagine you idiots falling for that shit.
What Trump has done is continue and follow President Obama's Mideast policies.
That was his secret plan.
Ha!
I'm sure the soldiers and Pilots give a damn about the politicians when they are in combat...........whether it's Bush, Obama or Trump.

Soldiers do the fighting.........not politicians.............and most of the time policies of inept politicians get them killed. Like ROE's................
Make Every Dynasty Die Nasty

Draft the unpatriotic sissyboy sons of the rich right after prep-school graduation. Those privileged Chickenhawk scum took over the country and you still wonder why we drag out these wars that make their Daddies so much money.

When Bush left office.............Mosul was under Iraqi control. You were saying............

And would have remained so to this day had we never invaded.
Maybe...........maybe not................

Shiite and Kurds in the region may have rose up had we not done so.............

Time Machines only exist in the movies...................

Bottom Line...............Bush went in.......approved by Congress.........took the country at a cost.......and Obama hauled ass and left Iraq open for ISIS to move in.

The battle still rages...........and this hindsight theory ignores the Arab Spring.

Leaving was what he promised the American people who voted him in.

Iraq was fine the day we "left". After being there for over a decade by the way. The fact it fell apart after we left is not because of the US.

Forum List

Back