Most Republicans Support Declaring the United States a Christian Nation

I don't support it and don't think any of my conservative friends would but it has never come up because it is stupid.

I don't support it and don't think any of my conservative friends would but it has never come up because it is stupid.

Conservatives, at one point, were heavily in favor of strict adherence to the US Constitution. I think most would follow that and be against this call for a Christian nation.

Most Republicans Support Declaring the United States a Christian Nation

We followed up by asking: “Would You Favor or Oppose the United States Officially Declaring the United States to be a Christian Nation?” The findings were striking. Overall, 62 percent of respondents said they opposed such a declaration, including 83 percent of Democrats and 39 percent of Republicans. Fully 61 percent of Republicans supported declaring the United States a Christian nation.

Guys, Mashie was ahead of the curve on this one. Recall, I was one of the first to ever bring this idea up in my well-received thread last January It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

People had never heard that before. People acted shocked at the notion. Leftwingers barked about the 1st Amendment (Never mind, they trash the 2nd Amendment). People act like there haven't been 27 Amendments already.

This article recognizes my point that separation of church and state is impossible. But my rationale remains the best, and I'm the only one who has mentioned it. When you try to avoid enacting Christian laws, you enact atheist laws by default. There is no such thing as a void. The reason America needs to be declared officially a Christian nation is because it has unofficially become an atheist nation, pushing atheist laws. And so, since we have to choose between atheism and theism, with no other alternative possible, we should choose the BEST belief, which is Christianity. My preference is Roman Catholicism.

Prominent Republican politicians have made the themes critical to their message to voters in the run up to the 2022 midterm elections. Doug Mastriano, the Republican nominee for governor in Pennsylvania, has argued that America is a Christian nation and that the separation of church and state is a “myth.”

This article published by Marxist-funded Yahoo blatant LIED, however, when they said Christians want a white Christian country. This is completely unsubstantiated. There was never any evidence offered to support this lie in the article or anywhere else.
A Christian Nation?

I guess an unrepentant pussy-grabbing serial adulterer who cheated on all three wives, stole from the elderly at his fake university, ran contests of the flesh, and made a living off gambling houses wouldn't stand a chance, eh?

What would a good Christian have to say about a woman who had five kids by three different men?

A Christian Nation?

I guess an unrepentant pussy-grabbing serial adulterer who cheated on all three wives, stole from the elderly at his fake university, ran contests of the flesh, and made a living off gambling houses wouldn't stand a chance, eh?

What would a good Christian have to say about a woman who had five kids by three different men?
Trump has nothing to do with this topic.

WTF is this "stole from the elderly at his fake university"? Does someone need to stage an intervention on you to get you off drugs?

WTF is this "stole from the elderly at his fake university"? Does someone need to stage an intervention on you to get you off drugs?
Many of the victims of Trump University were elderly. It's all in the transcripts.

As for not having anything to do with Trump, it most certainly does. The same people who support the claim we are a "Christian Nation" fully support Trump, and I will keep rubbing their hypocrisy in their mouth-breathing faces.

NFBW: Do you dispute that the 13 colonies were established and under the jurisdiction and legal authority of the Kings or Queens of England That is until the The Declaration of Independence and the America
Revolution was lost.

END2210041220

elektra #587 “I dont have to dispute who established the colonies. It is written very well in history “

NFBW:Where is it written in the Books you read elektra that these king’s charters never happened at all.

First Virginia Charter - Wikipedia

• The First Charter of Virginia, also known as the Charter of 1606, is a document from King James I of England to the Virginia Company assigning land rights to colonists for the creation of a settlement which could be used as a base to export commodities to Great Britain and create a buffer preventing total Spanish control of the North and South American coasts.

First Virginia Charter - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Virginia_Charter

ttps://www.encyclopedia.com › politics › encyclopedias-almanacsMassachusetts Bay, Colonial Charters of (1629, 1691)

In 1629 King Charles I granted a royal charter to Puritan leaders of the New England Company, incorporating them as the Massachusetts Bay Colony

Last edited:
Trump is a Republican who got the GOP nomination by promising white Christian nationalists in IOWA, mostly white fundagelical patriots both Catholic and Protestant, that he would give them power.

So Sure Trump has everything to do with this thread in building the Christian nation.

Last edited:
This article recognizes my point that separation of church and state is impossible.
NFBW: Separation of Federal and State government is not only possible it is the only way to protect the freedom of conscience principles that are enshrined in the Constitution.

Any thread about Christian Nationalism should settle upon a definition of what a Christian and Christianity is. I Nominate Billy Graham or Mashmont to set the definition of being Christian suitable for political debate.

NFBW221004-#588
Trump Thomas Jefferson was a deist, inclined toward Christianity.
NFBW: What does the author mean by “inclined toward Christianity” ?

This is the definition of Christianity:

Definition of Christianity​

1: the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies.

Jefferson rejected the Bible as sacred scripture as professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic and Protestant (organized religion) Bodies.

From reading his lifelong writings there is no way that Jefferson was inclined toward or sympathetic to organized religion known as Christianity as describe by Billy Graham - the most famous televangelist of my lifetime

Now, first of all, what is a Christian? What does it mean to be a Christian? Is it a person who is born in a Christian home? No. I could be born in a garage, but that does not make me an automobile. You can be born in a Christian home and have fine Christian parents, but that does not make you a Christian. You cannot inherit Christianity.

You say, "Well, Billy, a person who lives by the Golden Rule--isn't that a Christian?" Not necessarily. A Christian is a person in whom Christ dwells. Now I know people in the Buddhist religion who live just as high an ethical life as the average Christian. In fact, Buddha had a very high system of ethics. A Christian is more than a person who is living up to a system of ethics. A Christian is a person more than living a good moral life. A Christian is a person in whom Christ dwells. A Christian is a person who has had an encounter with the living Christ.

Three things must have taken place for you to become a Christian. First, you have made a choice. You have chosen to give your life to Christ rather than to self. You are serving Christ rather than self. Self no longer controls your life, but Christ controls your life. That is a choice which you deliberately made. It was a volitional choice. You were convicted by the Holy Spirit of sin. You recognized that you were a sinner. You came to Christ and said, "I am going to trust the Christ who died on the cross for my sins. I am going to trust Him for my salvation." You made a deliberate choice. You chose Christ instead of the world. You chose light instead of darkness. You chose righteousness instead of sin. You chose Christ instead of self. And Christ, by the Holy Spirit, now lives in your life.

Now that was a choice you made. It might have been an unconscious choice, or it might have been a dramatic choice such as the apostle Paul made on the road to Damascus [see Acts 9:1-18]. Perhaps it was a moment when you woke up in a cold sweat, you recognized that you were a sinner, you got on your knees and called upon God in your room to have mercy upon you. It might have been at a meeting like this that you came to Christ. It might have been when you were reading a book sometime; and you stopped and said, "I need to give my life to Christ." Whenever and under whatever conditions it came, be sure that it has come, because to be a Christian means that you make a choice.

Secondly, a change must take place in the way you live. "Old things . . . [pass] away; behold, all things . . . become new" [2 Corinthians 5:17]. When you give your life to Christ, you change your way of living. You cannot live the same old life. You cannot go on being controlled by the lusts and desires of this life. You cannot go on living for the flesh. You cannot go on living for the world. You cannot go on letting materialism and secularism control your thinking and your way of living. You now live for Christ. You now live in the fellowship of the church.

Christ is uppermost in your thinking. You are spending time in prayer. You are reading your Bible faithfully. You are witnessing for Christ in every way you know. You are gracious and courteous and kind and, above all, you love your neighbor as yourself. That is the fulfillment of the whole law--to love God with all our hearts, and our neighbors as ourselves. [See Matthew 22:36-40 and Romans 13:9,10.]

Thirdly, you have accepted Christ's challenge. Christ said, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, . . . take up his cross, and follow me" [Matthew 16:24]. Christ said, "If you are going to follow me, you have to go back to your business, back to your office, back to the high school campus, back to your home, and take your stand with me no matter what it costs." They may laugh, they may sneer, they may not understand. You may stand out like a sore thumb. But you absolutely refuse to cheat, to lie, to be immoral, even if it costs you your life. END22101555

END2210041839

Mashmont220129-#231 “When you remove religion from government, the cancer of atheism fills the void as is happening in the US. That's what the Framers failed to anticipate.

NFBW: I have a question for elektra regarding the CATHOLIC Christian Nationalist written paragraph above insisting that the founding fathers wrote a Constitution that removed the Christian religion and specifically Jesus Christ, from government.

Why would all the Christian founding fathers who believe that the God in the Bible is the only one true God who sent his only son to die on the cross as a way of offering mankind their only chance, since Adam and Eve’s time in the garden, to be forgiven from that original sin? Why did Madison and Adams agree to a Constitution that let the cancer of atheism fill the void?

END221004-1924

What does the author mean by “inclined toward Christianity” ?

This is the definition of Christianity:

Definition of Christianity...​

Your definition of Christianity is a definition of one kind of Christian. I find it sectarian and even arrogant, because It gives you a "holier than thou" attitude. It reminds me of the following passage from Luke 18:9 - 14

And [Jesus] spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, "God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess."

And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, "God be merciful to me a sinner."

[Jesus said,] I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

------------

Thomas Jefferson respected Christianity. He contributed financially to an Episcopal church near his home in Monticello. He attended Episcopal services when he was President. He believed that the New Testament presented a good model of moral living. Nevertheless, he did not believe in the Trinity.

Atheist laws are anti-Christian laws. There are plenty of them. First and foremost is abortion
NFBW; But you have friends on the pro-life Trump crusade who say abortion banning has nothing to do with Christianity or white Christian religion, . . . Its all about science,

My point is a very focused and narrow point. Human life begins after fertilization. Abortion ends a human life. It's just science.

ou deny the science that a new genetically distinct human being comes alive after fertilization because it's easier for you to kill them and dismiss their right to life if you don't see them as living human beings

NFBW: So Mashmont, if ding is right that a protecting the life of a one celled brainless zygote is a human being with constitutional rights that are not in the Constitution, has noting to do with Christian religion because it’s all about science, why do we need declaring America a Christian nation Should we call it a Science Nation?
END2210042001

Your definition of Christianity is a definition of one kind of Christian.

What personal convictions belief and conduct defined by Billy Graham re-posted below that are not inclusive of all Christian sects, denominations churches and religious bodies?

Billy Graham: Now, first of all, what is a Christian? What does it mean to be a Christian? Is it a person who is born in a Christian home? No. I could be born in a garage, but that does not make me an automobile. You can be born in a Christian home and have fine Christian parents, but that does not make you a Christian. You cannot inherit Christianity.

You say, "Well, Billy, a person who lives by the Golden Rule--isn't that a Christian?" Not necessarily. A Christian is a person in whom Christ dwells. Now I know people in the Buddhist religion who live just as high an ethical life as the average Christian. In fact, Buddha had a very high system of ethics. A Christian is more than a person who is living up to a system of ethics. A Christian is a person more than living a good moral life. A Christian is a person in whom Christ dwells. A Christian is a person who has had an encounter with the living Christ.

Three things must have taken place for you to become a Christian. First, you have made a choice. You have chosen to give your life to Christ rather than to self. You are serving Christ rather than self. Self no longer controls your life, but Christ controls your life. That is a choice which you deliberately made. It was a volitional choice. You were convicted by the Holy Spirit of sin. You recognized that you were a sinner. You came to Christ and said, "I am going to trust the Christ who died on the cross for my sins. I am going to trust Him for my salvation." You made a deliberate choice. You chose Christ instead of the world. You chose light instead of darkness. You chose righteousness instead of sin. You chose Christ instead of self. And Christ, by the Holy Spirit, now lives in your life.

Now that was a choice you made. It might have been an unconscious choice, or it might have been a dramatic choice such as the apostle Paul made on the road to Damascus [see Acts 9:1-18]. Perhaps it was a moment when you woke up in a cold sweat, you recognized that you were a sinner, you got on your knees and called upon God in your room to have mercy upon you. It might have been at a meeting like this that you came to Christ. It might have been when you were reading a book sometime; and you stopped and said, "I need to give my life to Christ." Whenever and under whatever conditions it came, be sure that it has come, because to be a Christian means that you make a choice.

Secondly, a change must take place in the way you live. "Old things . . . [pass] away; behold, all things . . . become new" [2 Corinthians 5:17]. When you give your life to Christ, you change your way of living. You cannot live the same old life. You cannot go on being controlled by the lusts and desires of this life. You cannot go on living for the flesh. You cannot go on living for the world. You cannot go on letting materialism and secularism control your thinking and your way of living. You now live for Christ. You now live in the fellowship of the church.

Christ is uppermost in your thinking. You are spending time in prayer. You are reading your Bible faithfully. You are witnessing for Christ in every way you know. You are gracious and courteous and kind and, above all, you love your neighbor as yourself. That is the fulfillment of the whole law--to love God with all our hearts, and our neighbors as ourselves. [See Matthew 22:36-40 and Romans 13:9,10.]

Thirdly, you have accepted Christ's challenge. Christ said, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, . . . take up his cross, and follow me" [Matthew 16:24]. Christ said, "If you are going to follow me, you have to go back to your business, back to your office, back to the high school campus, back to your home, and take your stand with me no matter what it costs." They may laugh, they may sneer, they may not understand. You may stand out like a sore thumb. But you absolutely refuse to cheat, to lie, to be immoral, even if it costs you your life. END22101555

I was born in a Christian home but I am not a Christian. I live by the golden rule but I am not a Christian. I live a high ethical life but I am not a Christian,

Here is a recap of my position. It's irrefutable. We will refer back to these six ironclad points whenever somebody repeats already refuted stuff.

1) It is impossible to separate church and state over issues like abortion and gay marriage, so we shouldn't try.
2) When you do try to leave Christianity out of legislation, you end up with atheism, which is exactly what American government is becoming and pushing.
3) No regimes in world history have ever been so violent, oppressive, murderous, and dictatorial as atheist regimes.
4) Christian governments are free, open, benign, and benevolent.
5) Therefore, the only logical solution is to declare right now, we are a Christian country.
6) Becoming a Christian country doesn't mean people have to become Christian; it just means no law will violate Christian moral teaching.

As was pointed out before, those Founding Fathers who were Deists, Jews, and from other religions really wanted us to be a Christian nation that they did not believe in?
According to Christianity and the Constitution: The Faith of Our Founding Fathers, by John Eidsmoe, No Jew signed the Declaration of Independence; no Jew signed the United States Constitution. I admire Jews, respect Judaism, and love Israel, but let's be sure of our facts.

Here is a recap of my position. It's irrefutable. We will refer back to these six ironclad points whenever somebody repeats already refuted stuff.

1) It is impossible to separate church and state over issues like abortion and gay marriage, so we shouldn't try.
2) When you do try to leave Christianity out of legislation, you end up with atheism, which is exactly what American government is becoming and pushing.
3) No regimes in world history have ever been so violent, oppressive, murderous, and dictatorial as atheist regimes.
4) Christian governments are free, open, benign, and benevolent.
5) Therefore, the only logical solution is to declare right now, we are a Christian country.
6) Becoming a Christian country doesn't mean people have to become Christian; it just means no law will violate Christian moral teaching.
Those are your opinions. They are not facts, like 2 + 2 = 4.

Forum List

Back