Most Republicans Support Declaring the United States a Christian Nation

The fact that the U.S. Constitution does not mention God was controversial at the time, and caused many Americans to oppose ratification. The reasoning behind this was that there were many Christian denominations in the United States, and a lot of Jews too, so favoring one would be unfair to the others, and not practical. The intention was not to make the U.S. government anti religion, but to maintain a benevolent neutrality toward Christianity and Judaism. There was even an effort during the Constitutional Convention to make Hebrew the official language of the United States. The motion failed, not out of hostility toward Jews, but because there were not many people in the United States who knew Hebrew, and not many who could have taught Hebrew to everyone else.

The Hebrew that is spoken in Israel is the same Hebrew of the Jewish Bible (AKA, the Old Testament) but a whole lot of words have been added for things and concepts that did not exist when the Hebrew Bible was originally written.

Here is a recap of my position. It's irrefutable. We will refer back to these six ironclad points whenever somebody repeats already refuted stuff.

1) It is impossible to separate church and state over issues like abortion and gay marriage, so we shouldn't try.
2) When you do try to leave Christianity out of legislation, you end up with atheism, which is exactly what American government is becoming and pushing.
3) No regimes in world history have ever been so violent, oppressive, murderous, and dictatorial as atheist regimes.
4) Christian governments are free, open, benign, and benevolent.
5) Therefore, the only logical solution is to declare right now, we are a Christian country.
6) Becoming a Christian country doesn't mean people have to become Christian; it just means no law will violate Christian moral teaching.
Irrefutable?

1. Did the abortion or gay marriage rulings by SCOTUS reference the Bible? No, they did not. That is not why they were outlawed in the past.

2. You still have not learned the definition of "secular", have you?

3. Your knowledge of history is lacking.

4. That was especially true about the Catholic Church before the reformation. Not!

5. Wrong answer, communion breath! You have been into the sacramental wine again, haven't you?

6. Isn't that Jewish moral teaching, since Christ was a Jew?

According to Christianity and the Constitution: The Faith of Our Founding Fathers, by John Eidsmoe, No Jew signed the Declaration of Independence; no Jew signed the United States Constitution. I admire Jews, respect Judaism, and love Israel, but let's be sure of our facts.

How about Haym Salomon? He was a Founding Father who was basically ignored because of his religion.

Last edited:
"When you do try to leave Christianity out of legislation, you end up with atheism...."

Or, when you leave Hinduism out of legislation...you end up with atheism?
Or, when you leave Judaism out of legislation.....you end up with atheism?
How many more of these can we list, poster Mashmont?
Islam? Sikhism? Buddhism? Shintoism?

I, for one (and I do not mean to influence others) think poster Mashmont's Christianist-myopia hinders him from understanding that 'Christianity' is only one approach....of many....that promote the sense of and a relationship with a higher ethic than mere human. That something greater is noting accountability in the earthly world.

IMHO

How about Haym Salomon? He was a Founding Father who was basically ignored because of his religion.
What is your definition of "Founding Father?" Mine is restricted to those who signed the Declaration of Independence and those who signed the Constitution.

What is your definition of "Founding Father?" Mine is restricted to those who signed the Declaration of Independence and those who signed the Constitution.
I'm sorry, but your definition is quite incorrect.

Did you know only one person signed all 3 founding documents, and that was Roger Sherman?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back