Most HILARIOUS bad movies ever!

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
I think the funniest comedies are movies that honestly weren't TRYING to be comedies. My picks:

Airport '79 - For the scene in which George Kennedy slides open the Concorde's cockpit window at cruising speed, mach 2 (!!!) and shoots an oncoming missile out of the sky with a flare gun (even more !!!). Really. I can't even make up shit this loony. At its best/worst (depending on how you look at it), it was as funny as Airplane! a year later, which was a deliberate comedy.

Hercules (1983) - The Cannon Group version, in which every time Lou Ferrigno gets mad, he hurls huge objects out into space. And for some bizarre reason it makes pinball-machine sound effects every time he does. I've given up on trying to figure out why.

Road House - For the unintentionally classic, hilarious lines. Like "pain don't hurt," "I used to fuck guys like you in prison," "you're too stupid to have a good time" and the crowning glory, "no, being called a cocksucker isn't personal. It's two nouns joined together to elicit a prescribed response." It's exactly the movie you'd expect from a director whose first name is "Rowdy." In a way, it reminds me of those old Billy Jack movies, in which the protagonist spouts lines of peaceful, enlightened Zen
wisdom....while beating the living shit out of people. You know what Patrick Swayze kept saying in Road House, "Be nice."

Last edited:
Ice Pirates.

I think I remember bits and pieces of that. Wasn't there a scene in which the spaceship was going through a time warp that aged people so radically fact that all the guys got ridiculously long, bushy white hair and Santa Claus beards hanging down to their legs? It's like ZZ Top, eat your heart out.

Last edited:
Here's another guilty pleasure: Death Wish 3. In which the whole final portion of the movie is Charles Bronson and Ed Lauter going on a mass shooting gallery. And each criminal gangbanger they shoot full of holes dies in a cartoonish, clownish noisy death. I remember the scene in which a huge squad of bikers got clotheslined in a nice suburb and whole families come out, including small children, rush out with guns and cheerfully shoot the fallen bikers full of holes like Swiss cheese.

I think the funniest comedies are movies that honestly weren't TRYING to be comedies. My picks:

Airport '79 - For the scene in which George Kennedy slides open the Concorde's cockpit window at cruising speed, mach 2 (!!!) and shoots an oncoming missile out of the sky with a flare gun (even more !!!). Really. I can't even make up shit this loony. At its best/worst (depending on how you look at it), it was as funny as Airplane! a year later, which was a deliberate comedy.

Hercules (1983) - The Cannon Group version, in which every time Lou Ferrigno gets mad, he hurls huge objects out into space. And for some bizarre reason it makes pinball-machine sound effects every time he does. I've given up on trying to figure out why.

Road House - For the unintentionally classic, hilarious lines. Like "pain don't hurt," "I used to fuck guys like you in prison," "you're too stupid to have a good time" and the crowning glory, "no, being called a cocksucker isn't personal. It's two nouns joined together to elicit a prescribed response." It's exactly the movie you'd expect from a director whose first name is "Rowdy." In a way, it reminds me of those old Billy Jack movies, in which the protagonist spouts lines of peaceful, enlightened Zen
wisdom....while beating the living shit out of people. You know what Patrick Swayze kept saying in Road House, "Be nice."
..until it's time to not be nice...my idiot ex loved that movie...

I just thought of another: the 1981 "Clash of the Titans" in which Harryhausen's monsters have the most hyperactive tails ever put on film. I loved the way the sea-god Poseidon always got that look of utterly traumatized shock on his face each time he released the Kraken. Anyone else remember that?

I just thought of another: the 1981 "Clash of the Titans" in which Harryhausen's monsters have the most hyperactive tails ever put on film. I loved the way the sea-god Poseidon always got that look of utterly traumatized shock on his face each time he released the Kraken. Anyone else remember that?

I remember it, and I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was funny, I just liked the movie. Of course, I haven't seen it in many years.

Forum List

Back