Most famous person you have ever met?

David Crosby, Jorma Kaukonen, Joe Cocker, Janis Joplin, Keith Emerson, Buddy Rich, Herbie Hancock, Joe Zawinul, Jim Messina, Ray & Dave Davies, Jack & Jackie Kennedy, Gerald & Betty Ford, George Allen (the Gov not the Coach), Ray Bradbury, Harlan Ellison, Hunter S. Thompson, various and sundry others.

as I dont consider seeing someone famous as meeting them,,
I worked at goodyear as a tire jokey back in the 80's,,,

I met and worked on bulldog bob browns, bob geigel, and harley race's cars regularly,,,so had many conversations with them,,

the bobs would drive back and forth from KC to Winnipeg canada and racked up a lot of miles on their cars and tires

In the mid 1960's on a saturday morning, at the age of 12, I went with my father who was a Lt. Col in the US Army to the military airport on the base. He was with a group of top brass, including generals and politicians to see off Robert McNamara the Sec. of Defense under Pres. Kennedy.

I was standing next to my father in awe of all the tall military bigwigs in uniform surrounding me as they shook hands with Sec. McNamara. When suddenly he turn to me, shook my hand, asked me how I was doing, then headed to board his airplane.

Sec. of Defense was the architect of the Vietnam War under both presidents Johnson and Kennedy, and little did I know I had just shaken the hand of the man who in a few years would dramatically impact my life and destiny.

Who is the most famous or infamous person you have ever met? ... :cool:

Hell, you're f'n old Sunni! ;)

Most famous pols I've shaken hands with were JFK (I was 4 or 5) and RFK.

Aside from that, mostly famous musicians: Jim Messina (who I knew well in the 80s) - Kenny Loggins, Johnny Cash, Carole King, and Beach Boy Brian Wilson.

Also some well known actors. Shook hands with and sat next to Schwarzenegger and his family at a parade in Ketchum, Idaho when he was the Governator of CA. And met Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell in a ski lodge in Sun Valley.

*Side note - This should really be in General or Lounge. Not exactly a Current Event.

Last edited:
In the mid 1960's on a saturday morning, at the age of 12, I went with my father who was a Lt. Col in the US Army to the military airport on the base. He was with a group of top brass, including generals and politicians to see off Robert McNamara the Sec. of Defense under Pres. Kennedy.

I was standing next to my father in awe of all the tall military bigwigs in uniform surrounding me as they shook hands with Sec. McNamara. When suddenly he turn to me, shook my hand, asked me how I was doing, then headed to board his airplane.

Sec. of Defense was the architect of the Vietnam War under both presidents Johnson and Kennedy, and little did I know I had just shaken the hand of the man who in a few years would dramatically impact my life and destiny.

I have spent 35 years of my life working with the most famous and greatest musicians of my lifetime. I was also the photographer for the Seattle International Film Festival for about a decade. So I've worked with actors, writers, directors and producers.

I also worked with sports stars and politicians.

The list of famous people I've met, worked with and become working friends is just way too long. My list of musicians photographed has over 500 names on it.

There are just too many to list.

Hey - Are you Annie Leibovitz? If so :bowdown:

rs-21752-22529_lg.jpg

I worked in the music industry for a long time, so the list of notables is long.

I don't know that I've ever met a musician more notable than Ted Nugent, though. He's actually a really nice guy, but he's certainly one who speaks his mind.

I've done some tour photography for some bands: Goo Goo Dolls, Barenaked Ladies, Los Lonely Boys, Cheap Trick, Pearl Jam, Eddie Money and Styx to name a few. While many of the artists are standoffish, I became good friends with Eddie Money, Tommy Shaw of Styx and and the guys in BNL.

When I was a kid, my uncle raced against Paul Newman, James Brolin and Gene Hackman. I think I was 11 or 12 at the time. Newman was very approachable, but wouldn't sign autographs. My younger cousin and I met him during a race weekend in Lime Rock, Connecticut.

When I lived in San Diego, I worked for a guitar company just outside San Diego. A lot of the Padres players played guitar, so they would routinely visit our offices, and we had standing invitations to attend games at Petco Park. It was during one of those outings that I met "Mr. Padre", Tony Gwynn. It's entirely possible that he was the nicest man who's ever lived.

A few weeks ago I was shooting CPAC near Washington DC and I met Vice President Mike Pence, Ivanka Trump and Don Jr., among a host of others. All three were very nice...

Many years ago, either in the late 1990s or early 2000s, my wife and I were in an antique store in Goleta, California, when my wife struck up a conversation with another woman who was browsing old magazines with her. As the two of them chatted, I noticed that the other woman resembled a famous person that I knew of, and as I started to mention this fact, along with the fact that I thought this other woman looked much too young to be the person of whom I was thinking (she looked to be about my age, and the person I was thinking is about my parents' age), I noticed that she was wearing a name tag that identified her as “Ruthy” and as a participant in the Concourse De'Elegance car show that was taking place nearby.

It turns out that this woman was, in fact, Ruth Buzzi.

She was AMAZING at staying in character and keeping a straight face! :)

Metal of Honor winner Desmond Doss.

He was also the inspiration for the movie "Hachsaw Ridge".

(I was called into a "Come to Jesus" meeting once, but you probably don't count that.)

John Wayne and David Janseen. They were at Fort Benning filming the Green Berets and I was in Columbus GA with an air force pal from Columbus during a long weekend break from tech school. We were in a private club in the middle of the afternoon when they walked in.
They have those odd liquor laws in the south and I think at that time to go to a bar it had to be a private club which my friend, a native of Columbus was a member of. It being the middle of the afternoon the four of us were the only folks in the bar.

I've shaken hands with a few but the one I got to really talk to was a real live Tuskegee airman. We met at a dinner party and he regaled us with his experiences. He later served as deputy governor (or some such office) of Colorado. He was quite an accomplished gentleman and a real American hero.

When I was eleven, I was on a ski vacation in Aspen with my parents and one day Buddy Hackett was standing right behind me in the lift line. Cracking jokes, naturally.

I met and worked on bulldog bob browns, bob geigel, and harley race's cars regularly,,,so had many conversations with them,,

the bobs would drive back and forth from KC to Winnipeg canada and racked up a lot of miles on their cars and tires
The Harley Race? Handsome Harley Race? I saw him once at the dirt track my dad used to race at.

I have spent 35 years of my life working with the most famous and greatest musicians of my lifetime. I was also the photographer for the Seattle International Film Festival for about a decade. So I've worked with actors, writers, directors and producers.

I also worked with sports stars and politicians.

The list of famous people I've met, worked with and become working friends is just way too long. My list of musicians photographed has over 500 names on it.

There are just too many to list.

Hey - Are you Annie Leibovitz? If so :bowdown:

rs-21752-22529_lg.jpg

No I'm not Annie Leibovitz.

I am the Annie Leibovitz of the west without the fame.

I've worked with Messina and Loggins. I've worked with Loggins many times. Messina once when he and Loggins did that reunion tour in 2005.

I worked with Carol King twice. The second time she was with James Taylor who I've worked with many times starting in 1990.

The Harley Race? Handsome Harley Race? I saw him once at the dirt track my dad used to race at.
the man himself,,,he drove a customized chevy van,,I would say hes a big fucker but i was 6'2" and he was 6'1" but he commanded the room when he was in it

bulldog was the biggest little guy I ever saw,,,and yes his head was covered in scares,,,

Forum List

Back