Most disappointing albums of time

The Doors "The Soft Parade". They traded their cosmically-mad howling carnival rock for strings and a horn section. Jim crooned, seriously.

Donny Osmond meets Laurence Welk.

The Doors "The Soft Parade". They traded their cosmically-mad howling carnival rock for strings and a horn section. Jim crooned, seriously.

I never really purchased a Doors album, other than their greatest hits, but one thing I appreciate about all the hits I’ve heard from The Doors is they all sound different from one and other.

I never really purchased a Doors album, other than their greatest hits, but one thing I appreciate about all the hits I’ve heard from The Doors is they all sound different from one and other.
Yeah... It's one of the reasons why I liked Queen as well.

Reminds me of a quote that I've always loved though...

I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sounds exactly the same, In fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.

Angus Young

Yeah, Robbie Kreiger wrote all the moneymakers.

Honestly never never been disappointed by Depeche Mode album...all of them are amazing

Ray Manzarek had a lot to do with their music also....

Ray Manzarek had a lot to do with their music also....
They all were instrumental...har...har...har

The Walkmen's "You and Me" was disappointing because it followed 3 classic albums by the group...though it's a great record...there was also a boring Bieber album i remember

The Soft Parade was one of their best albums!

Different strokes.

Please understand that their name The Doors was an abbreviation taken from a book on the psychedelic experience that Morrison had read called 'The Doors of Perception'---- as such, both the albums and the songs like every great band, must change, evolve. The Soft Parade was merely the Doors stretching themselves into new areas previous work hadsn't allowed them to show all their talents in.

Another song of theirs I like very much is this one.

Forum List

Back