Most black celebs running out of money

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
A fool and his money is soon parted..

During the COVID-19 shutdown, many Black entertainers are just a couple of paychecks away from financial ruin, Gabrielle Union explained during an Instagram Live session with model Sharam Diniz.

“For all of the Oprah’s and the people who have just a lot a lot a lot a lot of money, most of us are one or two checks away from not having money to pay for all of our things, you know what I mean? So this stoppage of work and money is impacting marginalized celebrities the most,” she said.

Anyone of any race who counts on public performances is in trouble. No concerts, no shows, Broadway is closed 'til January. I wonder if they're even making movies right now.

During the COVID-19 shutdown, many Black entertainers are just a couple of paychecks away from financial ruin, Gabrielle Union explained during an Instagram Live session with model Sharam Diniz.

“For all of the Oprah’s and the people who have just a lot a lot a lot a lot of money, most of us are one or two checks away from not having money to pay for all of our things, you know what I mean? So this stoppage of work and money is impacting marginalized celebrities the most,” she said.

Ah wanda if'n dem whate fokes haf de same problem?

From my

From my link...

The average SAG (actor union) actor makes around 54k a year, while VAST MAJORITY make less than 1k a year from acting work. If we just look at Black actors those #s go down even further. Lets keep talking. Share your stories. Every actor whose name you recognize started somewhere

I join other members (and guests) in expressing sympathy to everyone (including actors) who have been unemployed because of the lockdown.

When the history of this COVID-19 tragedy is written maybe a year from now, a lot of reputations are going to be affected: Some "experts" will be shown to have really blown it.

Personally, I hope that there are a lot of lawsuits, so that future "experts" (and mayors and governors) are more careful before they start issuing orders next time on what to do and what not to do.

From my

From my link...

The average SAG (actor union) actor makes around 54k a year, while VAST MAJORITY make less than 1k a year from acting work. If we just look at Black actors those #s go down even further. Lets keep talking. Share your stories. Every actor whose name you recognize started somewhere
I worked as an actor for free and want back pay. Next on Jerry COVID-19 Springer..

Prioritizing is how a person can and will have fewer financial issue. Bills and food first and then comes luxuries and frivolousness.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

The MC Hammer Effect.

Anyone of any race who counts on public performances is in trouble. No concerts, no shows, Broadway is closed 'til January. I wonder if they're even making movies right now.
All the celebrities are getting what they deserve for supporting the democrats. The very people who are behind the shutdowns and then proved it didn't need to happen with them supporting the protest.

Meh... the article is just another play to attract attention. Everybody is doing it.
"poor poor black people".... pheh. Any marginal entertainer is in financial trouble regardless of their race or anything else.
The notion "black entertainers are in trouble" is stupid because it is no different than saying "entertainers who wear cargo shorts are in trouble".

Forum List

Back