Moscow - pootin´s state TV is discussing the DEATH PENALTY for 2 Americans, Alexander John-Robert Drueke & Andy Tai Ngoc Huynh, captured by Muscovite

Taiwan isn't a part of China no matter how hard China insists it is. It's an independent country.
First - read Taiwan's Constitution. They still claims that the whole China belongs them. They call themselves as Republic of China (in the difference with commies controlled People's Republic of China).
Second - the USA don't recognize independence of Republic of China (Taiwan).
Third - both ROC and PRC are parts of the one bigger Chinese cultural space.

It's just a frozen civil war situation, hardly more.
De facto it's one culture, two states. De jure it's one state (with a small part of country controlled by pro-American separatists, or, from the other point of view - with a greater part of the country controlled by pro-Russian communists).

That is incorrect. They are fighting inside Ukraine, and as regular members of Ukraine's army.
You see, Ukrainian law don't allow double citizenship and don't allow people without Ukrainian citizenship serve in Ukrainian Army. That's why DPR's court don't consider them as Ukrainian citizens and soldiers of Ukrainian Army.

You don't see the USA invading Canada, on the other hand Russia IS invading Ukraine.
We can tell about America as a state (the USA), or as a continent (and then Canada is a part of it, too). Same way we can tell about Russia as a state (Russian Federation) and as about a greater cultural and political space, which includes Great Russia (Russian Federation), Small Russia (Ukraine), White Russia (Belarus), some people also describe Black Russia (Poland and parts of Lithuania), Yellow Russia (in the narrow meaning - the Russian part of Manchuria, in the wider meaning - communists controlled parts of China (PRC), Korea (DPRC) and Vietnam) and other lands and communities.

So now you claim Ukraine belongs to Russia. Is that the new talking point your masters in the Kremlin are feeding you? Regardless of Putin's desires Donbass is still part of Ukraine.
Crimea too, right? Tell that to Crimeans and Donbass people.

Which is actually not applicable. Because first you would either have to prove they joined for financial gain, or that they were there to overthrow the legitimate government.

Now, if there was an actual call out for pay for people to go to Ukraine to fight, then it might apply. But there is nothing under that that covers volunteers.

And the same with the government. Now when the President of Haiti was assassinated last year, those were mercenaries that fall under that as they were fighting to overthrow the government of the country they were in. However, fighting for Ukraine in Ukraine does not apply.

No, they are not. Citizenship is not required. And in fact, when they were captured they were actually in a military uniform. Which is far more than we ever saw from the Jihadis in the Middle East and elsewhere in the last 2 decades. Under both Hague and Geneva, they are not mercenaries and are entitled to POW status.

And I have absolutely no idea what the DPR is.
By the same token DPR gives no shit about Geneva or some stupid Hague. They have their own justice to abide by.

By the same token DPR gives no shit about Geneva or some stupid Hague. They have their own justice to abide by.

DPR only exists on paper.

And here is the beauty of the Hague and Geneva Conventions and Protocols. It does not matter what a "state" or the "leaders" believe. They can all be equally tried and convicted of those violations in International Court.

Just ask the Nazi Government about that.

It's just a frozen civil war situation, hardly more.
If China is foolish enough to invade Taiwan, we will use that invasion to wreck China the same way that we are using the invasion of Ukraine to wreck Russia.

You see, Ukrainian law don't allow double citizenship and don't allow people without Ukrainian citizenship serve in Ukrainian Army. That's why DPR's court don't consider them as Ukrainian citizens and soldiers of Ukrainian Army.
It doesn't matter what nonsense they come up with. If they murder POWs, they will be subject to arrest and prosecution for war crimes.

They might care a bit more once they get settled into a cell at The Hague to start serving a life sentence.
They'll all be serving that sentence in the name of democracy of course, for the unprovoked and treacherous invasion of a sovereign and friendly neighboring state, right? Unfortunately for you it'll transpire in your dreams only. Whereas in reality your mates are in a cell awaiting that sentence. Although our people are traditionally kind to strangers and even if they are sentenced there's gonna be some swap deal arranged. I myself was in favour of the execution at first but seeing how meek and obedient and against the war and banderites they've become I lost all bloodthirst and initial anger. Too bad though that when the bastards get home they'll be telling horror stories of how evil Russians are and how what they said about Ukraine was under duress. But that's how life is. War never changes, they said in a computer game once, or twice. Fall Out it was called I think.

If China is foolish enough to invade Taiwan, we will use that invasion to wreck China the same way that we are using the invasion of Ukraine to wreck Russia.
China can't invade Taiwan, because Taiwan is a part of China. Similar logic with the statements 'Ukraine can't invade Donbass because Donbass is a part of Ukraine' and 'Serbia can't invade Kosovo because it is part of Serbia'

They'll all be serving that sentence in the name of democracy of course, for the unprovoked and treacherous invasion of a sovereign and friendly neighboring state, right?
If they murder POWs, their crime will be murder.

Unfortunately for you it'll transpire in your dreams only.
International arrest warrants have a pretty long reach. Anyone who murders POWs will never be able to enter a civilized country again and will be hunted for the rest of their lives.

Whereas in reality your mates are in a cell awaiting that sentence. Although our people are traditionally kind to strangers and even if they are sentenced there's gonna be some swap deal arranged. I myself was in favour of the execution at first but seeing how meek and obedient and against the war and banderites they've become I lost all bloodthirst and initial anger. Too bad though that when the bastards get home they'll be telling horror stories of how evil Russians are and how what they said about Ukraine was under duress. But that's how life is. War never changes, they said in a computer game once, or twice. Fall Out it was called I think.
I've never played it. I play World of Warcraft (which is about orcs and elves and dragons, not about any kind of modern war).

China can't invade Taiwan, because Taiwan is a part of China. Similar logic with the statements 'Ukraine can't invade Donbass because Donbass is a part of Ukraine' and 'Serbia can't invade Kosovo because it is part of Serbia'
The trouble is, there are rebels in control of mainland China.

If those Chinese rebels try to attack the legitimate government of China in Taiwan, we will use that attack to break the back of those Chinese rebels, much as we are using the invasion of Ukraine to break Russia's back.

International arrest warrants have a pretty long reach. Anyone who murders POWs will never be able to enter a civilized country again and will be hunted for the rest of their lives.
What warrants do your justice issue to those who shoot POWs through their knees?

Forum List

Back