Mortgage rates fall to all-time low amid coronavirus concerns — here’s why you should think twice..

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
......about waiting to refinance!

Mortgage rates in the United States have fallen to the lowest level ever on the heels of concerns stemming from the coronavirus outbreak.

The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage dropped to 3.29% during the week ending March 5, a major decrease of 16 basis points from the previous week, Freddie Mac FMCC, -2.40% reported Thursday.

Previously, the 30-year fixed-rate mortgage hit an all-time low back in November 2012 in the wake of the recession, when the average rate fell to 3.31%.

(Excerpt) Read more at marketwatch.com ...

Just received a letter from a mortgage company offering 3.063apr, 15yr fixed......sure looks tempting being I no longer have a mortgage and I still have the remnants of GOLD FEVER that made me well off in 1980.....PERHAPS IF I WAS 30 YEARS YOUNGER BUT LOOKING AT ALL THE OBITS. OF PEOPLE THAT ARE YOUNGER THAN I and claimed they were in excellent health only to pass 2 months later by something that JUST HAPPENED! Think I'll watch and if I can make it to 80, then complain about what I should have done!

I am refinancing some property. 2.65% fixed rate. It just doesn't get better than that!

And since it is a floating lock for the next couple days, it might go even lower. It started at 2.9 percent.

Forum List

Back