morning in Oklahoma

This was one of the first attacks that showed how the answer to the question "How much damage can 10 or so focused, dedicated people really do?" changed from "not much" to "way too much."

Modern technology for all the good it has done, has reached a point where a small group of people could do damage to hundreds, thousands or even tens of thousands.

Remember that the 9/11 plotters thought there was a chance to bring both buildings down with the hits. If they would have fallen at impact causualties would have been much higher.

The fireman in the picture with Bailey is an acquantance of mine. He and I helped coach our son's little league baseball team. I was in my office just 6 blocks from the blast. My wife's office was 3 blocks away. Our son, 2 at the time was at daycare just 10 blocks away. It was a surreal day and I won't bore you with the details other than this. When our son was born, we visited the YMCA across from the Murrah building to check out their daycare. We didn't like it and went with another one close to downtown. Had we known that the Murrah building had a daycare within walking distance of our offices, we probably would have put our son there. Scary! I've only been to the memorial twice in the last 15 years and we've yet to tour the attached museum. The memories are just too raw, even now.

• Banned
The fireman in the picture with Bailey is an acquantance of mine. He and I helped coach our son's little league baseball team. I was in my office just 6 blocks from the blast. My wife's office was 3 blocks away. Our son, 2 at the time was at daycare just 10 blocks away. It was a surreal day and I won't bore you with the details other than this. When our son was born, we visited the YMCA across from the Murrah building to check out their daycare. We didn't like it and went with another one close to downtown. Had we known that the Murrah building had a daycare within walking distance of our offices, we probably would have put our son there. Scary! I've only been to the memorial twice in the last 15 years and we've yet to tour the attached museum. The memories are just too raw, even now.

It must have felt like a nightmare.

Thanks for sharing your story

On todays anniversary people in Oklahoma are having memmorials and I though maybe ALL Americans could at least come together for one tiny second to recognise that loss.

I guess I was wrong.

You were not recognizing a loss. You tried to veil blame on a Republican Administration with "poor Timmy and his PTSD." He's not the only one diagnosed with it, but I can tell you this: It makes you turn inward, not lash out at others.

There was something wrong with him from the get-go to do what he did. Your attempt at shifting even partial blame for his behavior is bullshit.

Today it was 15 years ago that a wacked out kid probably suffereing from PTSD killed 168 AMERICANS because he hated his country.

Murrah Building

PTSD, if he had it, is NO excuse for what he did. PTSD doesn't make one a militant anarchist.

He hated the government, not the country. Can you get ANYTHING right? Just ONCE?

He came here to the town I live in because he wanted help from Bill Cooper, a drunken conspiracy nutcase who had a pirate radio broadcast at the time.

Bill Cooper turned him away, as nutty as Cooper was, McVeigh was too nutty for him to deal with.

Within a few months after 911 Cooper was shot in his yard and killed, sparking even more conspiracy theories about him.

So? he needs to join the club. You know why criminals get away with murder and are punished only after the fact in this country?

Because of people like YOU. No profiling. No violating his civil rights. He has to mass murder a daycare before he's allowed to be stopped in this country.

Hope you're proud.

Forum List

Back