Mormons?

I will no longer address the posts of LittleNipper or BS Filter on this thread.
I see you are afraid. It is so much easier to turn a blind eye instead of facing the truth. Mormon forums do this all the time. As soon as they (Mormons) feel threatened they slam the door and bar the windows. They don't like a challenge, nor do they depend on the Holy Spirit to assist them. They sooner close the door and hide in their "traditions".

That is your response to an opinion that does not agree with your own. But perhaps you now understand why people slam their doors on unexpected callers every Sunday? It’s sort of the same thing as you’ve just done. But then I cannot fault your reaction any more than that of other missionary agendas. Missionary work has never been one of “exchange” but rather one of dictate.
I find it telling that the Mormon institution expects kids to be missionaries. Not that a child cannot be one, but I take it that Paul, Peter, James, John, etc., were hardly boys.

Not yet, but you are getting close. "Not true" is your opinion. Not fact, nor correct. Its opinion only. .....

Sorry, but you are wrong here. I said “not true” to something specific that you said and I gave the “facts” on why it is “not true”. I stand by that and you may look it up if you don’t believe me or if you think it is “my opinion only”. Furthermore, Judaism does not restrict God's favour to only Jews. Christians say that only Christians may go to heaven but the Jews say anyone can go to heaven - even if you are not a Jew. So back again to my original statement ... what you said is "not true" and that is "fact", not "opinion only"
Of course, anyone who places his faith and trust in the Messiah's atonement will go to heaven. Jesus most certainly was a Jew.

I'm not talking about beliefs. I'm only stating a fact. Isn't it fact that you want from this thread?
Fact vs Faith. I'm going for faith. NOT FACT.
I say the sky is blue. You say no..its a ROBIN blue. I say no..its a sky blue. Get my meaning?
You are wrong again.
FAITH is believing what God said or wants.
FACTS are the laws or rules of the church.

I corrected you on the rules of the church. You were wrong.
You are mistaken Fact is GOD's WORD and Gospel message. Traditions are rules of a church.

That is your response to an opinion that does not agree with your own. But perhaps you now understand why people slam their doors on unexpected callers every Sunday? It’s sort of the same thing as you’ve just done. But then I cannot fault your reaction any more than that of other missionary agendas. Missionary work has never been one of “exchange” but rather one of dictate.
I find it telling that the Mormon institution expects kids to be missionaries. Not that a child cannot be one, but I take it that Paul, Peter, James, John, etc., were hardly boys.

It is easier to teach children to be missionaries because they have no experience in life and the only thing they “know” (note the quotations) is what their handlers tell them. Remember the slaughter in Mumbai? They were children being told exactly what to do, step-by-step by telephone. Remember Pol Pot? He had children mow down people by the thousands with Kalashnikovs. Remember Liberia? Children cutting peoples heads off. Remember the Hitler Jugend with their Panzerfaust? Children again. And then we have the child “How dare you!” Greta Thunberg who knows nothing about the world or global warming but shakes her fists and screams out what she’s been told to say.

One last time, Glasnost. This thread clearly addresses MORMONS..of which you are not. Therefore, you are trying to convert by stating Jesus was not the messiah...which is a Jewish belief. So you are Jewish. In a Mormon thread, attempting conversions.

Cease...or I will ask staff to intervene. You are encouraged to go start your own thread about Jews if you wish but you will NOT continue to browbeat in THIS thread. Get it? Got it?

Christians say that only Christians may go to heaven but the Jews say anyone can go to heaven - even if you are not a Jew.
Some non-Catholic denominations say that only those who accept Jesus as Savior can go to heaven. However, the Catechism of Catholic Church notes that while it is only authorized to teach Jesus' way, God is loving and merciful--and much more powerful at reaching people where humans may fail. Therefore, even atheists may reach heaven.

Catholics are also fond of saying, "God doesn't send anyone to hell--people choose to go there by rejecting God, love, goodness and service to others. God will not force anyone to love and accept Him or His way of love and service.

Catholics probably do say something like that but isn't it " ..... people choose to go there by rejecting JESUS ......" After all, the idea is to accept JESUS, pray to JESUS but not to God. But I think the main theme is that you have a chance on your death bed or even your in last breath to ask JESUS into your heart and it's considered being a Christian. Am I right?
In Catholic teaching, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit are one. We do pray to God...to Jesus...to the Holy Spirit. Jesus is sometimes easier, because he did become man, but even then prayers are through Jesus and through the Holy Spirit. God the Father Creator who created through the Word (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit hovered over all. The Word became man and sent the Holy Spirit (New Creation and Word) into the hearts of mankind. (Something like that, because as we are often reminded we can finish emptying the ocean one seashell at a time before we can even begin to understand Trinity.)

As far as deathbed Christians: That is up to God who knows the heart. Jesus taught repentance meaning turning away from sin and instead doing the will of God. Obviously, if someone is dying they can no longer actively sin any more than they can do the will of God in place of that sin. Still, Jesus taught, "Sins are forgiven" so there is that hope. If someone has a good, sincere heart, then that person walked into the vineyard at the last hour, and Jesus told the story that those who walked in at the last hour had the same reward as those who entered at dawn.

I also keep in mind that saying that to God one day is like a thousand years; a thousand years are like a day. That is a lot of time for the Lord to work. :)

Catholics probably do say something like that but isn't it " ..... people choose to go there by rejecting JESUS ......" After all, the idea is to accept JESUS, pray to JESUS but not to God. But I think the main theme is that you have a chance on your death bed or even your in last breath to ask JESUS into your heart and it's considered being a Christian. Am I right?
In Catholic teaching, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit are one. We do pray to God...to Jesus...to the Holy Spirit. Jesus is sometimes easier, because he did become man, but even then prayers are through Jesus and through the Holy Spirit. God the Father Creator who created through the Word (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit hovered over all. The Word became man and sent the Holy Spirit (New Creation and Word) into the hearts of mankind. (Something like that, because as we are often reminded we can finish emptying the ocean one seashell at a time before we can even begin to understand Trinity.)

As far as deathbed Christians: That is up to God who knows the heart. Jesus taught repentance meaning turning away from sin and instead doing the will of God. Obviously, if someone is dying they can no longer actively sin any more than they can do the will of God in place of that sin. Still, Jesus taught, "Sins are forgiven" so there is that hope. If someone has a good, sincere heart, then that person walked into the vineyard at the last hour, and Jesus told the story that those who walked in at the last hour had the same reward as those who entered at dawn.

I also keep in mind that saying that to God one day is like a thousand years; a thousand years are like a day. That is a lot of time for the Lord to work. :)
I am an ex-Catholic, officially even. I am now an Agnostic.

Agnostic. Yet giving advice that is unwanted in a thread titled MORMON.
You have been reported. Hopefully staff can do something about your continual off topic balderdash.

I just now started an Agnostics thread so that this one can skip Catholicism and Agnosticism and return to being the Mormon thread. :) Hope to see you in the new thread.

My first mentor in engineering was a Mormon.. Totally self-less in helping me learn.. Also worked me pretty hard on Mormonism which I thought was fascinating. Got me involved in some church fun stuff.. Also nearly got my ass busted by the police.

I was helping him move about 1/2 dozen 55 gallon drums of "prepper" supplies into his garage. Neighbor called the cops telling them there might be drugs or explosives.. Got 3 squad cars with flashing lights at the "scene of the crime".. :biggrin:

Mormons have done America a great service in their quest to catalog ancestry.. They haven't stopped at JUST the Mormon family branches.. Thanks to them -- there is a fantastic view of ancestral trees for the period of time when America was expanding westward..

My first mentor in engineering was a Mormon.. Totally self-less in helping me learn.. Also worked me pretty hard on Mormonism which I thought was fascinating. Got me involved in some church fun stuff.. Also nearly got my ass busted by the police.

I was helping him move about 1/2 dozen 55 gallon drums of "prepper" supplies into his garage. Neighbor called the cops telling them there might be drugs or explosives.. Got 3 squad cars with flashing lights at the "scene of the crime".. :biggrin:

Mormons have done America a great service in their quest to catalog ancestry.. They haven't stopped at JUST the Mormon family branches.. Thanks to them -- there is a fantastic view of ancestral trees for the period of time when America was expanding westward..

While they certainly have thei share of cranks, overall they've been a big asset in other ways as well, like our military and health care, and their 'survivalist' style supply stocks programs are well thought out and organized and open to all, not just Mormons, as well. They're not free but they are relatively cheap and thorough, and should be encouraged nationwide by the Feds

New Topics

Forum List

Back