Mormons in politics/gov't - how many do you know about?

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
A coupla examples I like:

U.S. Treasurers --

Ivy Baker Priest

Priest ran for Congress in Utah on the Republican ticket in 1934 and 1950, losing both times. However, she became nationally known by serving as Treasurer of the United States under President Dwight D. Eisenhower from January 28, 1953 to January 29, 1961, at which time her signature appeared on all U.S. currency. She was later elected as a Republican to the office of California State Treasurer, serving two terms from 1967 until her death in 1975.

Priest was the mother of Pat Priest, an actress best known for playing Marilyn Munster in the 1960s television show The Munsters.

Ivy Baker Priest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Angela "Bay" Buchanan

Appointed at the age of 32, Buchanan was the youngest person to serve in the post of Treasurer of the United States. She held that post from March 20, 1981 to July 5, 1983, after which she was appointed Chairwoman of the President's Commission on Women Business Owners.

Bay Buchanan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I like Mormons. They are good people.

When Joseph Smith arrived in Salt Lake City he told his followers "this is our new home". Brigham Young asked him "how do you know?". Smith replied "I know that this is our new home because there's nothing to do here but fish and fuck."

When Joseph Smith arrived in Salt Lake City he told his followers "this is our new home". Brigham Young asked him "how do you know?". Smith replied "I know that this is our new home because there's nothing to do here but fish and fuck."

amusing. Except Joseph was murdered before a single saint stepped in the Salt Lake Valley.

But then I know you are just kidding around:)

amusing. Except Joseph was murdered before a single saint stepped in the Salt Lake Valley.

But then I know you are just kidding around:)

There are no fish in the Great Salt lake either....:lol: (that was the joke!!)

A coupla examples I like:

U.S. Treasurers --

Ivy Baker Priest

Priest ran for Congress in Utah on the Republican ticket in 1934 and 1950, losing both times. However, she became nationally known by serving as Treasurer of the United States under President Dwight D. Eisenhower from January 28, 1953 to January 29, 1961, at which time her signature appeared on all U.S. currency. She was later elected as a Republican to the office of California State Treasurer, serving two terms from 1967 until her death in 1975.

Priest was the mother of Pat Priest, an actress best known for playing Marilyn Munster in the 1960s television show The Munsters.

Ivy Baker Priest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Angela "Bay" Buchanan

Appointed at the age of 32, Buchanan was the youngest person to serve in the post of Treasurer of the United States. She held that post from March 20, 1981 to July 5, 1983, after which she was appointed Chairwoman of the President's Commission on Women Business Owners.

Bay Buchanan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think 2/3's of our congress is LAWYERS. Now I have had to deal with Lawyers--as I am a small business person. And I'll tell you--LAWYERS ARE some of the DUMBEST people on earth. Most are completely out of touch with how the real economy works--they do not understand it--and we keep electing them--thinking that because they're LAWYERS they have got to be smarter than us peasants. NOT! And the only reason many of them run for PUBLIC office--is because these LAWYERS are FAILURES in the private sector.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back