Mormonism’s Sci-Fi Swan Song

Stryder50

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2021
Lynden, WA, USA
My patience for thread searching is a bit short, so if there is a recent thread dealing with Mormon/Mormonism, I've no issue with admin/mods moving this to there. Came across this article, a very looong read, and thought it might have merit to share and archive.
Mormonism’s Sci-Fi Swan Song
Faith and cosplay at the Hill Cumorah Pageant.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Might present excerts and/or comments at later time. Pressed to leave for an appointment soon.

John 10:14-16
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

So who were these other sheep that were not of the fold in Israel? According to Jesus, "they shall hear my voice". We members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe that those in the Americas were Christ's other sheep. They indeed heard the voice of the Lord.

Ezekiel 37:15-19
15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,

16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.

18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?

19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

We also believe that the stick of Judah is the Bible and the stick of Joseph is the Book of Mormon. We now carry them together in one hand. The peoples of the Book of Mormon were of the tribe of Joseph and were led away from the land of Israel around 600 BC. to the American continent. They were other sheep that were not of that fold who heard the voice of the Lord when he appeared to them shortly after his resurrection.

Forum List

Back