More shortages in the U.K.

Their message at the start was that Europe needed us more than we needed them. Its a variant on the old glory of the british empire bollox Only the feeble minded believed that.
If only there was a strng trading bloc that we could align with and help us through this nightmare.
It's not "nightmare". Not yet. But winter is coming.

Really? Care to cite your sources for your "knowledge"?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH---hahahhahahahah
you don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jackass FOREIGNERS Colin and Tommy always try to lecture Americans on America!!!!!!!!
it's sarcasm

you see how it works???? we don't know shit about brexit, etc--you don't know shit about America
But the difference is I read and I learn. You just spout some partisan bollox that fits with your American based world view. Now where can I buy some pasta ?

Their message at the start was that Europe needed us more than we needed them. Its a variant on the old glory of the british empire bollox Only the feeble minded believed that.
If only there was a strng trading bloc that we could align with and help us through this nightmare.
The part they needed was the strength of the British Pound Stirling..the rest they didn't want or need.

Currently the Euro is being supported by the German Mark. And they KNOW it too. That's leverage that will be used for decades.

The ministers involved with treaties and trade negotiations along with immigration could have fixed this long before it became a problem...but they didn't. I'm sure that they are feeling the heat now.

I'm just going to watch and see what happens.

Some of this could be the result of being a poor loser when they chose a side with Brexit as well...I wouldn't put it past any of them. Government workers... you know exactly how notorious they can be when upset with very little oversight.

The part they needed was the strength of the British Pound Stirling..the rest they didn't want or need.

Currently the Euro is being supported by the German Mark. And they KNOW it too. That's leverage that will be used for decades.

The ministers involved with treaties and trade negotiations along with immigration could have fixed this long before it became a problem...but they didn't. I'm sure that they are feeling the heat now.

I'm just going to watch and see what happens.

Some of this could be the result of being a poor loser when they chose a side with Brexit as well...I wouldn't put it past any of them. Government workers... you know exactly how notorious they can be when upset with very little oversight.
They cant fix it unless they abandon brexit. Its been 5 years and they would have done it by now.

They cant fix it unless they abandon brexit. Its been 5 years and they would have done it by now.
Not really...
They can get a treaty for guest workers with Poland for the truck drivers...
They can get other treaties with various other nations for the goods and services they need... unfortunately they have waited until the UK is desperate with the needs they have. So it's going to be from the underdog position they have as a bargaining chip.

Maybe Poland needs some steel from Sheffield (if you can get the raw ore from Africa or Brazil)

Then there's lumber from Canada...they have all their oil on the other coast but maybe they need some high grade acrylics or some knitted wool...possibly some automobiles. All this "stuff" getting moved about is how your grocery stores get filled.

These things happen with treaties and trade agreements.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH---hahahhahahahah
you don't get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jackass FOREIGNERS Colin and Tommy always try to lecture Americans on America!!!!!!!!
it's sarcasm
Ah yes, Sarcasm... the lowest form of wit. I don't recall ever lecturing Americans about America, unlike many Americans on this board who, despite their ignorance, chose lecture "foreigners" about their respective countries.

Not really...
They can get a treaty for guest workers with Poland for the truck drivers...
They can get other treaties with various other nations for the goods and services they need... unfortunately they have waited until the UK is desperate with the needs they have. So it's going to be from the underdog position they have as a bargaining chip.

Maybe Poland needs some steel from Sheffield (if you can get the raw ore from Africa or Brazil)

Then there's lumber from Canada...they have all their oil on the other coast but maybe they need some high grade acrylics or some knitted wool...possibly some automobiles. All this "stuff" getting moved about is how your grocery stores get filled.

These things happen with treaties and trade agreements.
By ourselves, we're in a very weak bargaining position, especially when this happens,
We don't even have trained or experienced trade negotiators, yet as these matters were dealt with by the EU. Sadly we have several years of this mess to look forward to, before things may, or may not improve, only time will tell.

Ah yes, Sarcasm... the lowest form of wit. I don't recall ever lecturing Americans about America, unlike many Americans on this board who, despite their ignorance, chose lecture "foreigners" about their respective countries.

you obviously didn't graduate from grade school--I specifically stated Tommy and Colin.......you re the ignorant one, not Americans

By ourselves, we're in a very weak bargaining position, especially when this happens,
We don't even have trained or experienced trade negotiators, yet as these matters were dealt with by the EU. Sadly we have several years of this mess to look forward to, before things may, or may not improve, only time will tell.
Is the UK govt at least trying to set up embassies in various places to gain trading partners?
Japan has embassies all over America...we even have one in Nashville TN for trade opportunities there. (Electronics for the music industry) it isn't exactly much more than a floor of a high rise office building...but that's what it's for: Assisting in the international trade of goods. They know the contacts in Japan to purchase all sorts of goods.
And if I were y'all I would begin asking those sorts of questions of your House of Commons and house of Lords... because that indeed would get things moving forward.
Granted I think that the undersea pipeline for oil from Russia wasn't exactly the best idea ever to happen...but it was a start. Playing with Russia is always a chess match for control. Best to keep that sort of thing down to a limited basis...there's plenty of oil off the coast of Africa...just saying.

Actually, that all has to do with both Brexit and Covid.

Covid-19 showed here in Germany something what's indeed so damned clear that no one likes to see it: system-relevant jobs (=people who have to do their jobs also in times of a pandemic) are paid bad. GB threw out many people who made system relevant jobs because of the Brexit and covid-19. Now you have to replace for example 100,000 truck drivers with Brits. I heard the noble and nice ideas from Johnson about a kind of elitarian British race who will solve all this minor problems with the help of his super-great ideas (="wait and everything will be better one day"). But did Johnson ever drive a truck which transports gasoline? 30 years ago this had been a back-breaking stressful job - and I never heard about that someone got a noble price in the last 30 years who changed this. And now comes my question: How many Brits learn in the moment to drive such a truck and who pays this? The British government? Or likes Johnson to solve all problems on his own and drive on his own in the British streets such a truck? Who would feel safe in this case?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back